Disabling driver aids on ASR Formula

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dongwoo Kang, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Dongwoo Kang

Dongwoo Kang Registered

Hi!!!

New to the simracing world!! I tried to set foot in the motorsports world, so I started karting last year, but quickly I learned that without owning a go kart, it is incredibly hard to get to speed... Financially and psychologically. It costs 35 dollars to have a 10 minute ride on a "sports kart" powered by a Comer K80 80cc two stroke.
    I may be 17, but I had a very hard time. After priorities inside the family became more apparent (my father and grandparent's health and many financial difficulties), I decided to stay at home for the winter. And I had nothing to wear to protect me from the lethal Korean winter anyway.

After a long wait, I was really looking forward to hit the track again, but the Covid19 pandemic went from bad to worse, and I found myself stuck at home. Wasn't going to drive anytime soon, I reckoned, so I made an investment for simracing, and I bought this wonderful sim!!!

So, enough talking.... :)
    I have the ASR McLaren MP4/8, and in the garage, it displays that there isn't an option to adjust the electronic aids like TCS and ABS. They're set to 1 as default, and I can't disable them. I tried using the keyboard in-game shortcuts to toggle the driver assists, but I'm not sure if they're working. The brakes won't lock up at low speeds as much as the default car, and it feels like I'm cheating. I know TCS was a norm in the top teams in 1993, but it's just a preference, I like having the car nervous at the rear end and sensitive brakes, I think it adds to the challenge of driving at the limit.

So, is there a way to disable these in-game or through some tweaking of the scripts?

2. Stratoliner

Stratoliner Registered

Doesn't work, try the s397 version of the McLaren, it's much better and TC and Abs works perfect.

3. Dongwoo Kang

Dongwoo Kang Registered

That's a shame, so I suppose the same goes to any other car from ASR with those assists... The low traction control honestly doesn't feel too bad, but the ABS certainly does.

I have been using the default version as an alternative, and it is definitely where I want it to be.

4. Dongwoo Kang

Dongwoo Kang Registered

Just installed the new update (v2.17) and the ABS is disabled (or so I think, it says Aid (weight penalty), but it's the same configuration as the S397 model) and traction control can be disabled. The brakes... Still feels very loose in the dry even at 100% compared to the S397 car, but in the wet it feels roughly where I want it to be. The new graphics look awesome!!!