Driver Swap Issue

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Mark Fuller, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Whilst racing in the S397 VEC 8 Hrs of Nürburgring my team suffered a driver swap issue. When our first driver came into the pits for the first swap, he had correctly selected the next driver and entered his pit box. The sim told both drivers that they would hand over in x secs and it counted down to zero. However, it didn't swap the drivers and the original driver remained in control. The original driver did another stint and we then tried again. Driver 2 was selected and but the swap failed again - no countdown or message to say that a swap would occur. The original driver went around for another lap and watched his message board as he entered the pits. Driver 2 was showing in the pit menu all the way upto the pitbox. As soon as the car stopped, the sim changed the name back to the original driver. I have attached log files found on driver 2's system. If the csv files are needed I will find a way to attach them.

For the specific information of @Marcel Offermans and @Christopher Elliott

Attached Files:

alexSchmurtz likes this.
  2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

3. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

@ADSTA Yes, the plugin is there, but has been 'disabled' for some time and not had any issues before. Yes, I have done many driver swaps and we had no issue at the last race. I will fully uninstall the SRT plugin to be on the safe side. Thanks

ADSTA likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Is there any chance he loaded the wrong type of car at the tuning page? (or driver #1 did?) Some of the problems with the original lm24hr race was/were due to different versions of the same car. i.e. low downforce LM version vs highdownforce original car. (just grasping at straws, you guys do seem to be very experienced, sometimes the simple things get overlooked. Good luck.

5. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

@davehenrie I believe that we had things correct re the car. There is a known issue and we've been lucky so far.

davehenrie likes this.
  6. D Nichols

D Nichols Registered

This is the same issue @Mark Fuller that affected Marius and I during the Silverstone race (or at least it appears to be). Hopefully with more data to work through, a solution can be found.

7. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

@D Nichols Yes, have heard the same. Did you have any issues at the Ring?

8. D Nichols

D Nichols Registered

We've not had the issue since.

9. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Did either of you change anything in the sim or your PC's?

10. svictor

svictor Registered

Sorry to bump, but we just had a 6 hour race at Sebring, two of the teams encountered exact same issue.

They could not do driver swap, as soon as they stopped in pit spot, the driver name in PIT LCD switched back to himself, and couldn't proceed swap.

They have tried to pit again a few times without success, and unfortunately forced to quit the race.

Please take a look at this issue.

11. Andrew F

Andrew F Registered

This issue has been going on for years now...including the one where an ai takes over the drivers and you're screwed.
    This is no longer a beta game yet it may never reach close to its potential if these bugs aren't removed .

svictor likes this.
  12. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks, didn't know it was an old bug... Guess we have to put this into race notice for future races...

13. Moriz Mehl

Moriz Mehl Registered

On sunday my team encountered the exact same issue as described in the first post. We tried to swap 4 times, with 2 different drivers but eventually had to retire. Unfortunatley we do not have any logs of the event.