Rf2 compared to other sims?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LokiD, Apr 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Yeah exactly, they also feature in the official game videos, so as far as I’m concerned they are official. I love having a blast in them and a race, I want to use them, they did work fine, now they don’t!

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Older cars that do not support the latest graphics are prone to this issue. Usually the fix is editing the player.json and changing a line about engine heat blur from :true to :false. I dont have my PC so I can't check the exact wording.

3. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

For me most of them are already/still very good in therms of handling. Some of them have chassis flex and CPM tires and were made by competent physics guy(s).

UGM 133A and Emery like this.
  4. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

It's not only in older cars. The exact setting for this workaround is :
    "Heat Fx Fade Speed": 0

5. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Compare both (not massive difference in weight and grip) the radicals ffb. For me that's the difference between the old and new stuff regarding ffb.

I dont like the older cars ffb....you get this initial tug of ffb as you turn in and as you get more into the corner as ffbweight/self aligning should increase with tyre wall compression, the wheel gets light/limp and stays like that through the corner.....that's how I feel all isi cars and anything up to and including the srx. Also how I feel the merc gt3. Everything else is sublime though new stuff is spot on with ffb and feedback. Best out there!

Imo its nite and day.

This is also my personal feeling and experience on two thrustmaster wheels t300 and tspc...a dd wheel may be a whole total different experience.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  6. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

But Radicals were made later by S397. Besides I have no issues with SR3 FFB, for me it’s fine. Some guy who drives it IRL said here it has decent/ good physics, so I guess FFB should be also realistic. I don’t drive GT3 Radical but Merc AMG has big FFB issue , but apparently not for everyone.

LokiD likes this.
  7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

But when s397 used the newer cpm model for me the ffb got better in SAT.

Anyway know people will have a go and disagree but that's been my experience with rf2. I know everyone has different hardware and with that experiences.

8. OTL_YT105

OTL_YT105 Registered

I didn't even bother to read most of the thread, it seems after the first 2 pages we have many people expressing their different opinions which isn't especially surprising considering this is the internet. Every sim has their strengths and weaknesses. I'll concede that ACC provides an excellent representation of GT3 racing, fortunately for rF2, iRacing and others they only have GT3s which is just a small part of the world of racing. I think it says a lot about rF2 that arguably the most professional/top tier league in sim racing/esports is located exclusively on rF2 (VEC). I think rF2 is very solid, and is probably my go to sim if I'm not running GT3s (ACC), or Ovals/Dirt (iRacing). That does not mean I don't also love the origonal AC/AMS 2 and occasionally even Pcars 2.. and especially Raceroom which is probably a close 2nd for me in the go to category behind rf2.

9. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Missing the fecking point, why should anyone have to edit progam files just not to have graphical issues! It don't fecking work!

VirusGR42 likes this.
  10. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I don't wanna have to go and fix a sim, every time i wanna play a sim, feck this!

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

... and then you give yours. Why should we read it? :p

We get the point. Probably all of us agree (and had the same thoughts, generally years ago, which haven't changed). There's no need to be a child about it.

12. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Awwh! who are you, the fecking langauge Nazi! Are you offended, don't like free expression, like to use other's honest and efficient proclomation of frustration as an excuse to directly attack and instult them, AwwH... Rumbled!, your statement is very revealing my friend!..... Feck, bet I know whats coming next!

13. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Oh no! The more sinister side of your comment has just dawned on me... You're against children!!! How fecking dare you,,, don't you know they are our future!!!! You fecking monster you!

14. kimbo

kimbo Registered

Real life drivers take ACC very seriously...(1:48.25)

:p:rolleyes:...goodbye kids

15. LokiD

LokiD Registered

well the acceleration sound is more aggressive than any sim ive played.!!! then theres him blowing rasberrries!!

16. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I partly agree with you, but having the option to edit files manualy is the beauty of playing racing sims on a PC. And that doesn't apply just for rF2. Editing json files has been part of my sim racing time the last couple of years, may it be in rF1&2, AC and ACC or AMS.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  17. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Yep, it is great to do that to customise but not to fix the damn game!

Karsten Hvidberg likes this.
  18. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

And this is why I hope the next update is gunna be a big one, fixing bugs and all sorts. Trying to stay optimistic here.

19. Tommy2Fingers

Tommy2Fingers Registered

sure it's not Heat FX Fade Speed ?

20. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.