Rf2 compared to other sims?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LokiD, Apr 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atomed

atomed Member

rF2 is the best to drive and the worst to watch, who cares, I want to drive.

David O'Reilly and JimmyT like this.
  2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

We could also say to image :

1) rF2 is by far the best simulation on the bottom and the worst on the form.

2) The bottom is 10,000 times more important than the form (IMO).....

3) But if the form is really bad, the overall experience is disastrous.

! This is the whole story of rF2.... SNIFFFF !

atomed likes this.
  3. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Just watching Button and Magnussen having a go at it and 70k other people doing it aswell and having a fun time should give you enough proof that this sim is more popular than it ever was and reight up ther with the likes of iRacing, ACC and the rest of the bunsh. What else do you need?

Maybe some people should finaly start driving the damn thing instead of spending 24/7 on forums. Or simply drive something else that is more polished and suits you better. Simple as that, if you think that all those stupid fanboiz are wrong on the internez.

4. kimbo

kimbo Registered

Too old and stupid

Alessio Feletto likes this.
  5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

People just want the best
    It doesn’t matter how old/new a title is

the best is subjective depending on the individuals needs

most people are happy using 2 or 3 sims regularly , usually one sim will not serve all their needs

Emery, LokiD and McKiernan like this.
  6. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Shut the feck up! The guys got his right to an opinion. I love this sim! but fact is its being shown up in terms of development right now hands down! Is it still relevant, hell yes! Does it need a kick the arse, hell yes! Ive been with it since the begining and i like whats been improved but for how long!!! Its a fecking good point, i pay for this! Shut the feck up about weather its sim or not! There is a shxtload of stuff not fixed or even being listened to! COMON! This could be the best sim in the world!!!!!! How many months for a fecking UI! Give me more stuff i'll buy it, but not till you step up the game! Sorry but this needs to be said! Other Devs, bring out more in a week than this has in 2 years. Sort it out! And i'll keep buying!

7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Pot, meet kettle.
    It's not even a rant about anything new.
    :rolleyes:

Paul McC likes this.
  8. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

popularity is increasing, slowly, but heading into the right direction.
    When competition, the new gui and all this stuff that makes online/public racing great again is implemented, it will increase further more. Since the studio overtook rF2 its constantly heading into the right direction. My personal feeling is, 2025 most of the critics which come up over and over again (gui, mp experience, bugs) will start do decrease a lot. Development takes time. The more people buy the dlc content, the more people that use rF2 will allow them to hire more and more devs, so development progress increases over time, too.

The best of rF2 is still far ahead of us!

https://steamcharts.com/app/365960#All

bwana likes this.
  9. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I didn't know that.
    That was not my impression frankly, but ok.

I have an opposite opinion, this is normal because each user has different expectations.

10. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Good one

Seems your no better!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

It definitely does seem like rF2 is as much popular as it has ever been, but I still wouldn't call it actually popular. When it is going to dominate over AC, and take those numbers of casual players everyday and modding as big as there, then I'll agree that rF2 is really popular.

Too bad OP is not about discussion here, just some estrogen storms.

VirusGR42 and atomed like this.
  12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Discuss away.

I'm glad rf2 is getting airtime anything that pushes this im forward. I've been playing for years and I dont want this to die, but I do want it to improve.

Maybe my threads and post come across harsh but in my heart I mean well for rf . I just getting little frustrated at the lack of pace to development but hey I dont know what's going on behind the scenes and never will.

bwana and avenger82 like this.
  13. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

You get the joke then! Unfortunately there is nothing new to rant about in terms of development with RF2. Hopefully that will change by the end of this month. I have a dream, and that is that there’s more than a UI update coming, I’m hoping for a big one, bug fixes the lot. Cause I’m a dreamer man, but I’m not the only one!

14. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I don't think that it makes much sense to compare the player numbers of the different products while it's quite obvious that a product like AC is so inherently different from rF2 when it comes to design that I would even argue that they have different target audiences. Kunos took so many shortcuts in AC and simplified so much stuff that it is so obvious that they concentrated on snatching a good proportion of the console growd while offering a more realistic driving experience with a nice presentation and easy ways for people to get their content in the game and good looking at the same time. And last but not least they managed to offer a consistent experience with a nice and simple presentation. It's not difficult to see where AC excells and where rF2 fails or just offers more complexity. ACC shows similar short cuts but it's def. not as extreme as the second Kunos title.

I wouldn't be surprised if many people who are new to driving sims start rF2, miss to bind the pitlimiter, exit the pits under red and get penalties and don't know why their car stays at pitlimit speed or why they get DQ-ed while they miss to serve the penalties. That alone might be enough for alot of potential new users to say: "What kind of crap game is this?". And you know what: AC has none of those obstacles by design so people stay with the game automaticly. It's a bit like comparing DCS with War Thunder. ;)

15. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Most pro drivers usually use iRacing and I don't think it's only because of multiplayer system and laser scanned tracks. Some of them tried other sims, including rf2 , but go back to iRacing.

williang83 and Mauro like this.
  16. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

No F1 or other racing teams use rF1 or rF2 physics engine. If anything they use rF pro , or rF1 shell with their own physics swapped

Correct me if I'm wrong, but still most E-sport events with pro drivers is with iRacing by far.
    Only since COVID-19 I see rF2 finally gained much more e-sport popularity among pro drivers, which makes me happy because it may bring new users and popularity to rF2. It also seem to validate it's physics/handling is still among best overall( otherwise pro drivers would say they prefer iRacing or ACC). Admittedly I haven't really watched any e-sport events , or pre/post race interviews so I don't know what the feedback was from pro drivers.
    But Formula E drivers didnt ignore the rf2 e-sport event as it was the case for F1 drivers with official Codemasters F1 2019 game.

17. Stevy

Stevy Registered

You mean like Nicki Thiim ?
    BTW: The red light thing.
    Daniel Abt said that they are not even allowed to leave the garage while the lights are red (at least in Formula E).
    So he also said that this is stupid.
    I get that "realism" thing. But when it's obvious that this a poor gameplay choice, maybe you should rethink this.

18. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

I like everything, or I wouldn't play this game.

What I would like to see in RF2: a new HUD (normal, not what is now) and a DTM-license.

19. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Not entirely true. they use rF pro which allows exchanging of physics parts. rF2 is the way to go, because it has very little input latency. the new rF2 tire modell was developed after an f1 team did their own, because the rF1 tire modell was crap, which inspired isi to so something similar.

20. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

rF pro uses its own physics engine of each F1 team, there are no ISI workers in rF pro, even its headquarters are in different parts of the world.

Tim has repeated it from time to time in the forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.