rF2 on TV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Apr 18, 2020.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I was just about to lay down for the night, out of habit I scanned a few channels on the tube. On ESPN2 I was suddenly presented with a field of Normas racing around Sebring. Since all I have seen so far are iRacing broadcasts, I was surprised. It took me a lap or so to realize this was rF2. I guess the Rockit sponsorship allowed them to buy some time on ESPN2.
    We need more promotion that these online events are being broadcast!!!!

2. bwana

bwana Registered

They had them driving the BT 40’s around Sebring last week, very entertaining ...If anything good comes from this covid 19 crisis it’s the exposure sim racing is getting, a Facebook page l follow for used sim gear is filling my feeds daily with WTB posts. Another thing l noted and was pleased about was Charles Leclerc stating post erace at Melbourne was he was sweating like a pig , glad lm not the only one :)

3. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Enjoyable battle to watch .

bwana and Tommy2Fingers like this.
  4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I would imagine it being the same Facebook page that I hadn't looked at in a fair while. For whatever reason the page came to mind and had I a look and yep, at least half the ads were WTB.

Sweating! Glad summer is over now. 30°c+ with high humidity and no AC for months. Some times it felt like I should put wet tyres on. :confused:

I haven't seen any rF2 on the box just some iRacing with very bad prediction code. Like Scotty having a sook and Will Power summing it up nicely.
    https://au.sports.yahoo.com/indycar-iracing-scott-mclaughlin-crash-will-power-angry-005827323.html

bwana likes this.
  5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Scottys Ping may of had an effect on that, lets not forget he's racing from Australia whilst the others are in the US (for the most part). Looked bad yes, but exceptions have to be compromised, no Sim is "perfect" with this regard.