Rf2 compared to other sims?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LokiD, Apr 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LokiD

LokiD Registered

among the sim world theres lots been happening.

Ams2 has launched, acc has a load of dlc coming, raceroom has a million updates and f1 2020 has been announced!

what about rf2 amongst these, is the sim still relevant it feels like old news to me..

what do you users think

2. McKiernan

McKiernan Registered

I could be wrong but I would guess that the people who frequent this forum find that RF2 is still a thing.

3. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I think that f1 2020 will be a cheap game, if it simulates the 2020 season. ;)
    Sorry for being off topic, i couldn't resist.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What happened to not checking these forums anymore? What's the point of this thread? Why even post if everything is so negative?

OdeFinn, Bjørn, Travis and 13 others like this.
  5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I think he just likes posting his sig and avatar. :rolleyes: (there's no yawn smilie.)

David O'Reilly likes this.
  6. LokiD

LokiD Registered

yawn is rf2 probably!

definitely

7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

rf2 is one BIG negative, so why think its the best sim still......................................

Ariff likes this.
  8. Tommy2Fingers

Tommy2Fingers Registered

well, the last i checked no other sim has better FFB, tire model or physics.
    and this dude agrees.

Alessio Feletto likes this.
  9. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Who's this guy exactly,?

avenger82 likes this.
  10. McKiernan

McKiernan Registered

It's probably a good thing that you find so much interesting developments happening in other racing titles at the moment as you've described rFactor2 a yawn and a big negative. It begs the question, what are you doing here if you have so little interest? Wouldn't you be better off in forums that cater to the titles you enjoy? Perhaps you just like trolling?

11. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I'm too old to troll my friend

12. McKiernan

McKiernan Registered

Yeah me to, even felt a bit silly writing that part of my post. At the end of the day play whatever you enjoy and whatever way you enjoy it. It doesn't matter anyway.

13. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

The user: Well - joined a league, weekly race, real weather, flat spots, decent damage, decent physics, 2nd best flag and penalty system, proper pitting experience and return to pits (hello r3e and million updates), deep CC support, unique content, proper rolling start behind Safety Car, decent AI for preparation. SC phase is broken so no one trusts it, sucks - but what does competion offer? Some online code issues (as everywhere else), nothing that ruined the race.

Who cares about "the news"?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  14. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

rFactor2 is for drivers. Everything else is for gamers. Depends on what you want.

Spitfire1, OdeFinn, atomed and 5 others like this.
  15. bwana

bwana Registered

Thought you had gone for good last time you had a sook .. get outside , walk around .. you need some air

Alessio Feletto, JimmyT and MarcG like this.
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Who's this strawman saying it's the best sim (overall) ? You have your opinion, you make it clear in various threads, and that's fine. I'm not suggesting your opinion is wrong, because no one's is - that's what makes it an opinion. If you were stating things as fact and I thought they were wrong I might argue. (and hey, if someone thinks rF2 is the best sim, by the same token who am I (or you) to tell them they're wrong?)

My question is what you're hoping to achieve by opening a thread like this - when you know exactly what response you'll get, from both sides. Go and do something else like you said you do (and said you would), and everyone's better off. There's literally no point discussing this stuff.

*In case you're wondering if I'm contradicting myself by posting here, let me be clear: I think the thread is entirely provocative and pointless. So I disagree with you posting it, and I'm calling you out on it. That's it.

OdeFinn, Emery, pkelly and 8 others like this.
  17. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

No, rF2 is played by nobody anymore. Nobody likes it. Those 1000 people playing every day? Fake news. They are bots. Just like the races streamed. That is just the AI they don't release to the public because otherwise you can enjoy rF2. They don't want that.

Ariff, Alessio Feletto and JimmyT like this.
  18. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

In my opinion I think everybody who has driven rf2 knows it drives the best. End of story.
    But then there is also a lot of other factors to make a good rounded sim product. Dependant on the person some of those factors are higher up their priority list than others. So each person will have a mix that is acceptable to them. Some days they may prefer more of one factor compared to another.

If rf2 has gotten under your skin you cant help but keep coming back to check on it. As it has the best driving we all want to see the ‘other stuff’ fall into place. Though we all have our own priority lists.

there has been a lot of updates around ACC and AMS2 which was a key factor in me purchasing in EA for both titles. I just bought AMS2 a couple of days ago.

On the other hand it has been quiet with rf2. We know work will be ongoing. Obviously Coronavirus will also be affecting organisations in different ways.

I suppose the fact that full release of the new UI is still the elephant in the room doesn’t help. It feels like whole new sims have been made in the meantime.

but yes rf2 is still a thing for some. I’d imagine there are many more people waiting for it to become a greater thing. Its a thing for the patient though.

19. TTM

TTM Registered

One of the strongest points of rF2 is modding. We can all forgot games alike ACC, AMS2 etc in coming years, because lack of modding support. Look how popular Assetto Corsa is and i will presume that rF2 will live many years to come.

20. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

@LokiD

To put it simply, why is rF2 factually the best (from a SIMULATION point of view not a game or a simcade) ?

I tested these last days all the pretended simulations apart from iracing.

It's incredible.

rF2 has an incredibly more realistic physics engine, an incredibly natural FFB, 40 incredibly realistic cars (4 last SlowMotion cars + 2 kartsim + ~35 real S397 cars [not ISI]), several incredibly realistic physics tracks, many quality circuits, the cars I mentioned are quite diverse and have good sounds and graphics, the graphics engine of rF2 is largely qualitative (much less than ACC, yes and then?), the sounds outside the cars are correct but perfectible, the new UI even if it is greatly improved will only be average, there are big bugs in the AI and the racing rules BUT when there are no bugs and the content is S397 the AI is similar to what I saw in AMS 2, the official HUD is quite bad, the loading times are TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE, the graphics performance is not satisfactory with AI/ day/ night cycle, rain, etc......

In short rF2 has a lot of faults.......

BUT SHIT :

In terms of SIMULATION, there is nothing better, it is indisputable....

I am looking for an ultra realistic experience, a REAL simulation...

There are no alternatives to rF2.

I have ACTIVELY searched for 3 months, I have not found .....

Tallon, Manfredk2, Mark Lloyd and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.