Looking for a way to check the stationary ride height of my car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alexandria Ponce, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Alexandria Ponce

Alexandria Ponce Registered

The 2 Most Searched Laser Levels On The Internet

In the age of digital marketing, it’s vital to not only know about what you are spending money on but also how to stay in the budget. Within a laser level market that is taken by storm, you should gather some helpful information if you want to approach the best value laser level for good. In this article, we’ll give you a tour through the list of some ideal laser levels that have been sold millions of times in the recent year!

✾✾✾ This Content: [​IMG] Best Laser Level For The Money - Top 10 Laser Levels

DEWALT (DW088K)

[​IMG]

You cannot find any other laser level that can beat DW088K

Trust us, you cannot find any other laser level that can beat DW088K. Some of the features of DW088K haven’t been introduced in the other products within the same cost range. By spending around 120 dollars, you will have anything you might have looked for at a laser level. DW088K projects bright crossing vertical and horizontal lines with the red laser beam for various layout and leveling applications.

You can see that the product is built tough with an over-molded housing, as well as it can withstand up to a 1-meter drop. With an IP54 rating, there isn’t any warning for water-keep-away. Even more, if you use the product with a detector, it can achieve up to 165 ft. range. Last but not least, DW088K offers +/- 1/8 inaccuracy at 30 ft., which is an ideal number for a laser level. So far, this product is considered the best laser level, which quickly helps you solve your construction work within seconds.

✿✿✿ Further Reading: [​IMG] How to Buy a Laser Level? Top Laser Level Reviews

Hammerhead Compact Self-Leveling

[​IMG]

Hammerhead Compact Self-Leveling is so compact, which means you can fit it in your small pocket while working around your house

So you have known about the best value laser level with a costly price, should we go on with another product that has the most affordable price? The answer is Yes, and you would regret knowing about Hammerhead Compact Self-Leveling. Despite being considered as one of the cheapest laser levels you can find at the store, this product offers a plethora of useful features.

The representative from Hammerhead is attached with a 5-hour-battery. In addition to that, the product offers a considerable projecting distance of around 30 ft. with an accuracy of ±¼″ per 30′. Hammerhead Compact Self-Leveling is so compact, which means you can fit it in your small pocket while working around your house. The hand-full size of the product makes it enjoyable, and you will never find a moment of feeling such pressure while you are working.

If you are searching for the best laser level for cabinets at an affordable price, then Hammerhead Compact Self-Leveling is the ideal choice for you.

➪➪➪ Useful Link: [​IMG] Best Contractor Laser Level - Top Rated Laser Level to Buy

No matter who you are, what you do, or what you are into, you will have to experience construction work sometimes in your life. The need for a laser level is undeniable, and we hope this article will do you a favor in choosing the laser level you need!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

You can always use motec to get that data

3. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Yes as Remco suggests motec will show it.
    Ride height adjustment will show up.
    Even fuel load will impact it.
    Not aware if camber, springs or tyre pressures will.
    Not sure if these other than tyre pressures should?

4. David Wright

David Wright Registered

I always thought the ride height in the setup screen is the ride height when stationary. The ride height you specify is the ride height you get with whatever fuel level, springs cambers and pressures you opt for. In that sense it is dynamic.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It doesn't quite work that way in rF2. What you think you can do, is leave the rest of the setup the same and adjust say, the springs, and the ride height will therefore change.

What actually happens, is that you tell rF2 you want stiffer/softer springs, and then it adjusts the suspension to arrive at your specified ride height, with those new spring settings.

When you go out on track the ride height is of course a little different with fuel in the car (the setup ride height is with zero fuel).

This difference between what you think would happen in the real world, and what the game does, is admittedly a bit strange. The devs acknowledged this a couple of years ago and there was talk of changing the way things were presented so that this would be a lot clearer (or maybe even work the way you'd expect). A fair bit of water has passed under the bridge since then, and the UI and competition system has become something of an epic, so I don't know if that shift in representation is still on the cards or will happen soon even if it is.

6. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Why I’m not surprised. I bet it will never be done even if it’s on never ending TODO list, but in my opinion changing things like springs, and perhaps adding fuel should immediately recalculate ride height in garage. User could be notified after ride height changes.

7. svictor

svictor Registered

If you know how to extract/unpack mods, you can also check real time ride height in DEV mode along with many other stats (hotkey Ctrl+D), as long as the mod isn't encrypted. The same with TOE value, the value you see in setup page isn't the real value, if you check real time toe value in DEV mode, the real stationary value is usually half of what is shown in setup page.

Corti likes this.
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You're jumping at the opportunity to criticize instead of understanding the philosophy. The ride height is part of the setup and is applied each time you jump in the car, instead of being a result of other settings. It doesn't make a lot of material difference (generally the ride height you want to tune is during cornering, or at full speed in aero cars), it just needs to be understood. If they make that process (or approach) more obvious in the garage, or allow the ride height to vary and be displayed as other changes are made, that will avoid this confusion.

Toe is defined as the angle between the tyres, each tyre's angle is half that (it's no error). And if a mod can be unpacked the telemetry is almost always available, so a telemetry plugin is the easier option I think. Either way you can't see it live as you make adjustments.

9. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I'm not seeking opportunity to criticize. It's not like I finally found such opportunity:) If I'd want to do that then I could do that in every third thread here or so. Not everyone who criticises something is on a mission to put rF2 down. There are so many issues mentioned on this forum and not fixed that I just said it will never be done as there are more important issues. But my motivation was to propose a possible approach that when you add fuel -> ride height changes etc. But as you say it varies much more on a track i.e. at high downforce etc. anyway.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020