SOLVED Distant opponent cars losing parts and textures

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Sanchit Rathi, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

Hello community,
    I have been playing RF2 for a very long time now without much issue, I noticed this bug today, I was doing a short GT3 race and my grid size is large, I have 12 visible cars.

Cars in front of me that are more than 2-3 car lengths ahead they suddenly lose wheel, rear window and the wing visually, when I get close to them at some corners or go for an overtake then all the bits are there. Its strange because ive never had this issue before.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Are they S397 cars? Do you have minimum FPS limit set? I can't remember if there is a Draw Distance setting.

Typically this is mod dependent where the maker doesn't have a consistent settings in the .gen file that turns on and off .gmts at certain distances. But if it is the S397 GT3, it could be a bit different

Sanchit Rathi likes this.
  3. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

Hello Chris,
    Thanks for your reply, these are all S397 GT3 vehicles, I do have something as "Auto detail FPS" which I have set at 30. Do you think that could be the reason why this is happening?

Thanks for your time and your help!

4. Spyro

Spyro Registered

It must be the "autodetail FPS" parameter in the menu. Usually this cause these kind of problems

Edit : you already found ;)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    atomed and Sanchit Rathi like this.
  5. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

Hello Chris and Spyro,

Thank you very much for your help it was indeed the auto detail fps setting, I thought it would work like iRacing where it would reduce the textures and draw distance of the track and environment, however it was reducing parts and bits on opponent vehicles.

Thanks for the swift solution for this guys, your help is much appreciated. :D

6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

This is from the player.json
    "Auto Detail Framerate":0,
    "Auto Detail Framerate#":"Details and visible vehicles will be automatically reduced (by up to half) if framerate is under this threshold (0 to disable)",

7. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Try deleting the contents of the CBash and Shaders folders, this sometimes cures these sort of cliches. Will be rewritten when you restart RF2. I regularly empty these folders. Hope this may be of help. Folder path below.
    Your drive:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Log

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The thread is solved. The auto detail fps deliberately disappears things. Good advice, wrong place.