Track AIWs

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by t0p5ecret, Sep 17, 2019.

1. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Quick update I should have a new AIW to @Heikki21 for Autopolis possibly tomorrow depending on testing, but corner 1 is fixed.

R.Noctua, Mauro, Heikki21 and 2 others like this.
  2. atomed

atomed Member

Varano has a similar problem with bigger cars. Their back is set already stuck at the back of the pit box. I know it's a track for small and slower cars but could you check that out?
    Cheers.

buzz hornet likes this.
  3. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Can do

atomed likes this.
  4. Leonardo Nogueira

Leonardo Nogueira Registered

Do you have the link for Varano track? Thanks!

5. atomed

atomed Member

6. Leonardo Nogueira

Leonardo Nogueira Registered

atomed likes this.
  7. Aceking

Aceking Registered

Hey top5secret,
    I been doing AIW work since the early days of rF1 and now in rF2 for personal use and share with friends. I saw you had Croft on your schedule and thought i would save you the time as i have it almost finished after a month of extensive work as it had severe issues with the rolling and fast rolling starts would never go into a rolling start but would just continue pace lapping but now it's fixed. I also did a considerable amount of corridor work to minimize accidents into T1 thru T3 and improved the last turn's fastline and other areas.

I really love this beautiful rendition of Croft by Feels3 plus it was given much love and updated by Senormen so i thought it's AIW deserved higher standards so i went all in to make it much more exciting to race against a great AI. When i'am finished i will contact Feels3 and Senormen to see if they would care to share it with everyone on Steam as Croft is much too nice of a track not to.

Also did a ton of of work on " iDT Long Beach 2014 dx11" and willing to share update. My AIW addons are very small in size and is done like you started doing. I like this method as it won't create a mismatch if you try to enter a server that doesn't have your AIW update.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  8. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Hi mate, go for it, any you are willing to share post them up here and I will add them to the first post :)

9. atomed

atomed Member

Woohooo, great players teaming, this looks good :cool:

10. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Hi all, first post updated with Tsukuba V1.0 but @Andrea1968 and AIWs by me, any feedback on this one would be great and as with Leipzig I'll update immediately.

11. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Tsukuba works very well, had some clean races there. As always brilliant work, Sir :)

AI is imho a bit slow in the turns. Especially in the last wide turn before start/finish. The AI takes here a racing line at the outside of the turn. Overtaking here is easy, the inner side of the turn seems to be faster. Bad quality video: or

t0p5ecret and atomed like this.
  12. atomed

atomed Member

First of all, wow, what a track. Andrea, great job, absolutely fantastic.
    I tried It at 110 AI with 25 agression with the new Flat6 mixed with the official GT3 Cup and other race with the newer Pumas, never remember their name. Although the DLC seemed a little bit faster there was never a problem with them fighting against each other. Against human oponents though they seem very naive protecting all hairpin inside lines and the faster turn 7. Anyway I got some pretty aggressive dives into turn 5, I don't know if they get that agressive IRL, haven't watched too much races here but it felt like too much. As Manfredk stated, the last corner felt too easy to overtake, as all cars went the same line. I don't know if it is possible to make them go different lines. It is somehow like Sunset corner at Sebring, meaning you have different line options but not making such a huge difference to the point where you can overtake at least a car each lap. Otherwise I loved it, great job Mark :cool:

t0p5ecret likes this.
  13. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I'll tweak the last corner guys and put an update to @Andrea1968 , have you tried the SMMG GP3s there, they have an inside line for the last corner.

14. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I am literally the worst, I have just realised the one I gave Andrea doesn't have the FAST_OW1 in it. I am correcting that now.

15. atomed

atomed Member

Lol, I was literally like "come on you guys, Mark told you to go that way" :D

t0p5ecret likes this.
  16. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Hi all, quick update, expect a new V1.1 of Tsukuba shortly, it corrects the last corner, has new Fastest, Block and Fast_ow1 paths, teleport location, and fixes the pit entry for all paths as cars were entering the corner to fast and crashing at pit in.
    Expect a new version of Leipzig shortly as well maybe with a couple more corners ;)

atomed, deceda and buzz hornet like this.
  17. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Tsukuba V1.1 is now out with the fixes above and a remapping of the final bend. Go grab it from the link in the first post.
    I am now working on Varano, Leipzig and Vallelunga (small fix), expect these shortly. Also still working on a host of tracks with @Corti and @philrob .

18. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Hi all, we should have a new Varano out in the next couple of days, I am working on feedback I have from a test version, currently it's clean without crashes but I need to work on a few corner speeds to make the overall laps faster and a couple of specific locations on track for better blocking. I can confirm though that the pit garage issues have been resolved as I have corrected all garage locations and the pit path.
    On this as well if I ever put out an AIW that requires cars to be run at 120 skill I take this as a failing on my part so feed it back to me please, my AIWs should give anyone a challenge and room to improve over time with the AI.

Also without getting into the global situation at the moment I wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone that has bought me a coffee over the last few months, everyone is doing it tough everywhere and to have people still do this is amazing so a huge thank you to you all!

SLK, atomed, Corti and 1 other person like this.
  19. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Hi all, Varano V1.1 is out, thanks to @atomed for very quickly testing and giving me feedback on this, I will be tweaking more, it has a more aggressive FASTEST path now based on the realworld Clio races there. Feedback on this would be great and I will adjust immediately. GT3s were posting 1:07s after a longer practice here at 100 skill and I had a couple of great races post after making changes based on feedback.

20. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2020