Why I can't love this game at the moment. The AI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stockers, Apr 12, 2020.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Hmm, well, OK.
    A member named Stockers opened this thread. Right? Right!
    I made a recommendation to him and only to him.
    Can you follow me Filip? Ok next.
    Your name is Filip with your nick.
    Right? Right. Now my dear Filip, where do you get the right to generalize my statement to the world?
    Did i talk to you? Did I ask you for your opinion? No? No.
    Just contact Stockers with your opinion that I'm not right.

But here in the anonymous network, everyone has a pretty quick tongue.

And then the "howl" constantly and everywhere. Hi there?
    Read the headline of this topic.
    It's about AI. Right? Right.
    And it can only be used to a limited extent.

2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I'm getting my popcorn. This is funny

Patrick Schumacher likes this.
  3. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Yeah it is.
    Isn't it? :D

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

With the recent influx of ppl thanks to the exposure of the cringey e"sports" events during these ridiculous lockdowns I'll be very surprised if anything gets fixed anymore (unless they affect these events), most will be satisfied with the current state of things or simply move away after it's too late for refund, in any case S397 gains a lot, they can just milk it till it's time to move on

5. Filip

Filip Registered

Your wording was as if you were talking in general and not responding to someone specifficaly. I wouldn't have any complaints if you verbalized it in a way that it is clear that this is only your opinon and you are not imposing it on everyone.
    But I don't read it that way. If this this is language barrier or misunderstanding than I apologize.
    This is not pointed to you but I am sick of people lately repeating on unrelated threads like parrots irrelevant AI problems. I bet if devs release gfx update to grass and flowers one of the first comment would be "But what about AI"? Boring.
    If devs want to acknowledge and address the problem they had plenty of opportunities, no need to repeat same thing over and over again because it derails threads, it is boring, irritating and childish.
    Also someones problem can be non-issue for others.
    For me there are more bigger problems than AI.
    AI is good enough and I hope they don't touch it, they should improve everything else first.
    I recommend rf2 for offline to everyone

6. Pales

Pales Registered

Your perception of the "ai is good enough" suggests that you do not focus on the finer details. What about overtaking logic which is a key issue, how about cars not even attempting an overtake when they intend to pit? What about AI not working in the wet? What about full course yellows or the fact that everytime a car pits, it always changes its tyres even when it is not required?

Yes, they're fun to drive against, but only under limited circumstances. For example, I would love to do an endurance race at the official lemans track but I can't, because the ai keep getting stuck behind each other and breaking. Not to mention the other issues above...

Wheres if I do endurance racing on smaller tracks, it is quite enjoyable (providing you take into account the limitations above).

atomed and RoboCAT10 like this.
  7. Filip

Filip Registered

On short sprint races AI overtakes me and there is no pitting for fuel so no problem there.
    No problem with AI in wet also for me as I don't play in wet because of unplayable fps.
    So for me AI works very well, you are right I am not using it to full potential but I guess many use it the way I do so you can not generalize that AI is bad. For me it is good.

P.S.
    Rf2 replays are unnatural, replay system is terrible, current official UI is ugly and nonintuitive and has many flaws, external sounds can be awful, gfx is non-appealing, machine-gun downshifting allowed on many cars is repulsive, I get unplayable 30 % FPS in wet compared to dry (though I am still not sure if I would like to drive in wet because gfx looks bad and dated)...
    All of these is much more important than AI in my opinion.

memoNo1, Pales and Corgan like this.
  8. Corgan

Corgan Registered

They are a small team, huh? Reiza is a small team, as well. Sector3 has 8 employees! Almost all other developers released an update before the holidays, of course S397 didn't. Yes, the constant whining is boring, but it happens for a reason. If they don't stop promising everything and delivering nothing, this sim will be dead in 2-3 years max. Well, actually it is dead now in a way, because it isn't evolving just vegetating. Weekly updates my a$$.:p

9. Pales

Pales Registered

Honestly, if it wasn't for modders, this game wouldn't be alive right now.

10. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Sad but true.

RoboCAT10, Marisa and memoNo1 like this.
  11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Well... duh! Original model of the game was made to be 100% dependent on modding, every content there was just sample for modders.
    This only changed with S397 and apparently a year+ after they took over this changed even more when they removed the "open modding platform" that was in the site instead of "The World's Most Diverse and Dynamic Racing Simulation"

Pales likes this.
  12. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

@Corgan

That's exactly what makes me sick !!! S397 cashed and cashed! Promises so much! What is happening? Nothing!
    On the other hand, when I look at Reiza or S3, I feel fooled! I put a lot of money into this sim. My trust in this team. But nothing, really nothing happens.
    What do the devs do all day?
    Is rF2 a hobby and side business for you?
    I could really throw up with anger!
    But at some point it all comes back to life. RRRE is close on your heels and AMS2 will soon be at the forefront.
    Then this Sim (construction site) will soon no longer play any role.
    As I said a couple of very talented modders keep this Sim alive .

@Marcel Offermans
    @Christopher Elliott
    @Jimmi Allison

I'm really curious if you will comment on it! I am a paying customer.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    Adam Helyes and Pales like this.
  13. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Everything OK. Sorry about my choice of words. Only what the Devs allow themselves here is outrageous. It is probably the language barrier.

Filip likes this.
  14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The Lockdowns are getting to the angry folk, S397 release an AI update pronto and end this madness :p

bwana, Stockers, McKiernan and 5 others like this.
  15. Pales

Pales Registered

They won't respond to anything.

16. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I know. They won't see a cent from me.

17. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

This thread becomes anything (I haven't read the last few posts).

There are a series of major issues regarding AI and the offline experience.

It's a fact, just a fact.

However, some people are satisfied with the current state of rF2 concerning AI and offline or are only interested in online :

OK !!!!!

Frankly so much the better for you, but let those affected by these issues talk about them as much as they want.

This thread could have been interesting (and is necessary), but fools (which I would not mention) came here to be aggressive.

I am amazed that S397 is not yet locked this thread (this thread being however useful, necessary, interesting).

Good job guys.

RoboCAT10, Mark Lloyd and Pales like this.
  18. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

The silence of those responsible makes me somewhat aggressive. Is that clever? I think no. I'm just annoyed by this constant silence. And sometimes you just have to tell the truth. Even if it's tough. My boss doesn't put roses in my ass when i screwed up a project.

Spitfire1 likes this.
  19. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Everything is about big stars broadcasting racing online these days... I do not enjoy the turn things are taking but apparently people crave for it, enjoying Jimmy battle with his wealthy new friends.
    So goodbye improvements in AI... You're supposed to be an e-sport fan nowadays and watch race on Twitch a beer in hand rather than behind the wheel !

Spitfire1, Bogdy, RoboCAT10 and 5 others like this.
  20. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

this thread doesn't disappoint at all :D

Spitfire1 and TwoHardCore like this.