Rfactor 2 Replays are always stuck in slow motion

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by djdel002, Apr 28, 2018.

1. tyressin

tyressin Registered

Rfactor2 does not use PhysX, so having it on auto, gpu or cpu changes nothing. Its more likely the problem hasn't yet manifested again in your case.

2. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Ok. Thanks for the info. But it's really strange. I can reproduce this effect when switching between the physX configurations.

3. fab06

fab06 Registered

for me it's not the track but the Cars i choose for the session .. it's only with some cars (on the same tracks) replay are in slowmo ..

4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Rfactor 2 just honor its best modder
    ty :)

tyressin likes this.
  5. Rui

Rui Registered

Hi
    I solved this problem by turning off the night light from windows.

regards

6. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I have never had night light switched on and I still get the slow motion effect on some tracks, so I don't think that's the cure. If it worked for you that's good but try more tracks to see whether it's a permanent solution. Try Castle Combe and the Enduracers Mod, this combo is always in slow motion for me. Good luck.

7. Rui

Rui Registered

Hi
    I just do 3 laps in Castle Combe with a p2 of the Enduracers mod and replay is at the correct speed.
    With 20 cars on track and everything on max.
    GTX 1070ti
    Only happens when i forget night lights on Windows.
    Regards

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  8. Rui

Rui Registered

I must to say that whenever I play rFactor2 I have to see in "video settings" if the graphics card is correct, because it is not always.
    Sometimes it changes alone to "auto",and i have to change it.

9. stonec

stonec Registered

That setting is not relevant. If it really would use your iGPU, you would only get 10% of your normal FPS.

10. Marisa

Marisa Registered

I just got this bug, funny how it's still not fixed.

11. dylbie

dylbie Registered

I'm having the exact same issue, but from what I can see it's something maxxing out the CPU. If you press CTRL+C you can watch the CPU bar get maxxed in replays.

Sometimes it seems to be track related, for example - At Riverside replays always run in slow motion with the CPU bar completely maxed out, even if I run alone with no AI. So maybe the track is poorly optimised?

But recently I found that some settings in my HDV file for a car I made were affecting only the replays. I discussed this with @Marcel Offermans and we both initially thought that the physics files weren't used in replays. But I changed the HDV file and it fixed the issue. So that would imply that it's car related also, and even more weirdly, that the physics files are being used in some way for the replays.

I now think it's not necessarily car or track related, but some other bug within the core of the game which is causing the excessive CPU usage during the replays in some situations. It might even be related to the freezing/stuttering some are experiencing in real time.

This can be easily replicated, so 'should' be relatively easy for the devs to diagnose.

jayarrbee36 and Marisa like this.
  12. olligreen

olligreen Registered

same problem here. high-end system and still this problem.
    as many people already said, it's not on all cars/tracks combinations.
    wondering, if the devs could have a look at this.

13. jymp

jymp Registered

Yes, please had this issue for a good while now, no fix in sight

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It seems random on my end, perhaps actual memory consumption during a session. When Nords was released, all my replays were at normal speed. But after an afternoon of driving, the replays became the slow motion everyone is complaining about. Haven't checked again since though.

15. JRS

JRS Registered

Another age old issue. Had quite a fun race at Monaco the other night against the AI with the ASR 1992 F1 Carset.

Entirely disappointing the replay is slow motion. This is another bug that has been around too long.

We didn't really NEED a UI. In fact I tried that... for 40 seconds, turned off and am back to the old UI. The new one was a let down.

Marisa and Pales like this.
  16. Pales

Pales Registered

I couldn't agree with you more. Every single bug that I have reported over the years is still in the game...

Marisa likes this.
  17. Highlandwalker

As I've posted in the past this is track related. The first versions of the Senormen version of Mosport all cars except S397 cars would run in slow motion, I tried a lot of different cars. Senormen recently updated Mosport and now every car I have tried now runs at the correct speed on replays. So I think this sort of proves it's track related. Graphic settings, number of cars or computer spec make no difference if this problem is present on a particular track. I have tried a lot of the suggested cures for this problem but none really work. I have no idea why this problem is present on some tracks

MotherDawg likes this.
  18. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

I do not know has anyone resolved slow-motion replay issue.i tested out a number of tracks and the number of cars, and I found that if you drive practise and you get replay slowmotion problem then moving onto race replay works at normal speed and if you start directly race and you get replay slowmotion problem and afther that you choose restart race and look at the replay of it speed is normal therefore each time you change the sessions, the replay works at the right speed.weird

19. Highlandwalker

The probable reason for that is that each session is recorded as a separate file in the replay folder. If you do some practice laps and then press escape to return to the pits and then do some more practice laps you will have two separate files in the folder. This is the probable reason your seeing the result your getting. As far as I know it has not been sorted by S397. I have extracted and then repacked the files and then reinstalled some tracks that I would get slow motion on and it did cure the problem on some of them. I have no idea why this should work for some tracks because the only file which changes is the mft file.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    MotherDawg likes this.
  20. MotherDawg

MotherDawg Registered

Old thread but this issue is still in effect.

CMS Racing had to open a second server for the same event as the track used was set to "Max Vehicles=40" and 53 drivers showed up.
    The server let 41 drivers get on it.

Track used : SGS_Daytona_Speedway_2022
    Mod used : VWSC 1991 (1991 Groups C)

First server had 41 cars, replay file : 190,277,438 bytes
    Second server had 12 cars, replay file : 70,399,481 bytes

First server replay starts fine but catches the slow-mo bug at around 10 minutes. The weird thing is it does not happens all at once. It 'slowly slows down'. By 12 minutes, it's at full slow speed...
    Second server is fine all the way to the end. No slow replay issue.

These replay are used by the stewards so to render their Recommendations on submitted Incident Review requests. It is quite tiresome, it triples the time it take for each assessments. We are four Stewards, all with different PCs and all have the Slow-mo replay issue.

... it's a replay size issue ???