URD JT5 2016

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by TheMattyOnline, Feb 8, 2017.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

ok one question about sellfy. I originally purchased the GT and PX bundles with my wife's email account since she had the pay pal info on it. I then got URD to change the email sending out the download links to my current email. So which do I use to create an account at sellfy?

2. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

I guess, if it all works OK, and URD did actually changed your purchase e-mail, your current one should work. But honestly, I don't know. I was lucky to find that out, just because I was tired of always having to search thru my inbox for the links.

3. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

It seems to be still broken with DX11: I installed the v1.02 version and it loads ok. But the skins are fubared. They are visible in the car selection menu, but when you load them into the game, the body looks like a chrome wrap. Very nice, but not quite what I paid for...:)

4. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Dumb question maybe but did you uninstall the old before installing the new? I dont even know if that makes any difference, but just an idea.

5. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

I've tried everything: leaving the old one in, taking it out and just installing the new one, both together, different tracks etc etc. Why is the JT5 causing so many problems? I have everything for Rf2 from URD, and the JT5 is the newest one of them all. All the others ( T5, EGT, and the PX Beta ) work fine. How hard can it be to skin the JT5 like all the others so that it works?

6. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Shaders, we have something completly new here. Im thinking thought to revert that.
    But just in case. Remove it, even the old version. Got into \rFactor 2\UserData\Log there is a folder named "shaders" delete this one. Install the car new and run it. Deleting the shaders is sometimes needed if they dont rebuild properly.
    And as you mentioned skin the car, are you using custom skins? Than those need alpha channel for reflections, that is used on all our cars actually. If you used my template, save it only as DXT5 format DDS and alpha will be included.

7. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

No custom skins, I'm not smart enough to do mods like that :D I'm just using the four default skins that come with the install, but I'll try deleting the old shaders :cool:

8. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

Top work! The advice with deleting the shaders folder was the answer, now they look fabulous again. Result :D Thanks again for the speedy reaction:)

UnitedRacingDesign likes this.
  9. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I have D.Painters custom skins in "Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\URD_JT5_2016_Shiro". Should that folder be empty or was there some files there when installing your car? Im guessing these skins will not work since they were made for DX9.

Should i delete the content completely in there?

10. patrickkluiters

patrickkluiters Registered

So, I don't have to update the T5, EGT, and the PX Beta? Only the JT5?

11. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I noticed 2 things compared to for example the ISI camaro GT3, the camaro has a bit brighter headlights and the rev lights are not glowing. In the JT5 headlights are almost like older cars with lower strength and the rev lights are glowing a lot. So much glow that it drown out the gear graphics on the instrument panel. Maybe 2 updates for the future. :)

12. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Does this mod have wipers? Does everything work correctly?

13. atomed

atomed Member

It has working wipers and it performs great, I love it.

14. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Thank you for the answer!

I bought this :)

atomed likes this.
  15. atomed

atomed Member

Great, let me know your thoughts on this one :cool:

R.Noctua likes this.
  16. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Yesterday, I got a little carried away for 6 hours. :rolleyes:

I assumed that the difference between the T5 and the JT5 would be small, but it's a completely different car, which has little in common. In the JT5 it feels immediately - I had to do 10-15 test laps in Suzuka to tune the car - it needs a strong front suspension and increased differential load, otherwise tritely difficult to drive and spin at every turn. The brakes, by the way, are similar to T5 - need to reduce the pressure and make a break bias back, otherwise they can get overheated.

I can't say that DRS has a value - it doesn't work correctly in T5 (you can turn on every straight line), so its absence doesn't matter. In general, the mod is more than excellent. Too bad there is no Lexus and Acura. The only thing I did not like was the sound. It's very loud and echoes - it feels like it's recorded from a YouTube video. And also the static pounding of rocks doesn't give him bonuses, it's just misleading.

For those who came here to see if it was worth buying? Without too much thought - yes.
    T5 - URD DTM 2018

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    atomed likes this.
  17. atomed

atomed Member

Jenson Button used to race with a GT500, he said something about them being very close to an F1, don't remember his exact words. Try a multiclass race with the Legacy Subaru as the GT300 in Watkins Glenn, it's absolutely amazing.

R.Noctua likes this.
  18. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Interesting info - I usually drove shit-driving F1-cars, but SuperGT and DTM is enough at a good level. :)

atomed likes this.