Thrustmaster T150 (need help to choose new racing wheel)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by mesfigas, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

And that's where you're fighting the marketing. You can either do it immediately by spending what seems like a lot of money or you can get there later by every so often spending money yet costing more in the long run. The people in charge of pricing & bundling know that consumers are wary of spending so much at one time (unless they're buying an exclusive product, like a Ferrari or Rolls Royce, even if those aren't the "best").

2. Filip

Filip Registered

In fact I don't t have (much) problem spending more at once but as I said I don't like the fact that I am buying something I will not be using at all. I'd rather spend 480 EUR at once with pedals of my choice than spend 320 EUR now and 180 EUR later (not to mention that in latter option I would have to live with crappy pedals). I mean it's not much of an eco-system if one is not able to choose components.

Besides Thrustmaster and Fanatec is there any other option of a mid/high wheel+pedals set in that price range?

3. Emery

Emery Registered

Not to my knowledge. You can buy some low volume pedal sets, but they aren't designed with a specific wheel in mind.

Filip likes this.
  4. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

If you go for fanatec pedals don’t go for the v3s,get the csl elite loadcel they are cheaper and better designed,they just don’t look as good.
    I have the v3s and the design flaws are quite shocking

Filip and Emery like this.
  5. Emery

Emery Registered

Thanks @patchedupdemon. I've been using modded G25 pedals for over a decade and have pondered replacing them. The v3s have the brake damper which the CSLs don't, but I think I could homebrew a damper. The lack of vibration is not an issue for me. Hmm, I might be sold on the idea now!

6. patchedupdemon

Once you put the the brake performance kit (bpk)in the v3s,the damper becomes redundant,I have one sitting doing nothing,and actually it kept falling to bits anyway,without the bpk the v3s are close to unusable for me,the potentiometer brakes on my old dfgt pedals gave me more control.

Trust me,the csl are better where it matters,in game.
    the whole brake loadcel foam assembly is much better designed,it allows for a more progressive feel,and has no binding of metal parts that effect the signal of the loadcel.
    You have more pedal travel,easier adjustments and a whole lot less maintenance with the csl’s.

If you check inside sim racing’s YouTube channel for the csl review,they will show you a lot of the pros over the v3s,and the resulting metal fillings caused by the main design flaw in the v3s brake foam housing,which I bought up when they first released,and got a lot of stick for it on iracings and fanatics forum.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  7. Tackset

Tackset Registered

The CSL pedals still have pot meters on the throttle and clutch, while the v3's have HALL sensors.

You won't notice the difference right away, but over time the pot meters will degrade.

8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i dont trust pot meters inside pedals
    i m a guitar player myself and i know well that wah wah pedals need to change pot very often
    of course racing pedals has pot that last longer but still don't trust the pots
    thats my opinion without ever used those pedals with pots inside

9. patchedupdemon

Valid points made,but ......

The most important pedal is the brake pedal,pots are acceptable on the gas and clutch,Hal sensors have their downsides too,like having to keep them clean and the magnets aligned.
    I’d rather trade pots for hall sensors and have a better designed brake input than the opposite.

Each to their own,but when it comes to measuring travel/position rather than load,there’s no real need to fuss.

10. patchedupdemon

By the time they would wear,you’d probably be looking to upgrade anywho

11. Emery

Emery Registered

Have to agree. My G25 pots are a bit noisy after a decade, but so far I just keep recalibrating them to tune out the noisy ends and occasionally clean them.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  12. Tackset

Tackset Registered

my t3pa's got noisy after about a year. Not sure about the quality of the csl pot's, but i am not going to find out :)

13. Mauro

Mauro Registered

14. Senght

Senght Registered

Anyone has good FFB settings for the T150?