CS-closed GT Challenge Series S1

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado Registered

Ok, so I have recorded a lap in the practice session, after that I couldn't get back due to game issues, can I be awarded the points?

I know there is a drop round but losing those points basically puts me in split 2 for the rest of the season as it seems like they count for promotion/demotion, because Christian Malghera was dropped to split 2 as well despite being 24th in points scored when not counting participation points.

2. Michael Roellin

Michael Roellin Registered

Promotion and Demotion are solely based on the position-points from the last 2 races. The participation points are only relevant for the overall points at the end of the season. @Matheus Machado

As an example: You could go from Split 3 to Split 2 in the first 2 races, then miss round 3 & 4 which would drop you back down into split 3 and finally promote back up into split 2 in the last 2 races. Obviously you won't have enough overall points to get a shot at Pro-Split with this, but that is generally really hard if you're not in Split 1 from the start.

Hope that helps.

Here's also the official explanation:

"While the Challenge Series has an overall ranking which determines who goes up to Pro Series or Relegation after the Season (which is 6 Rounds long), after every 2nd race we are looking at the points accumulated in just those 2 races to determine the promotion/demotion between splits. Means, if you are Top 5 of split 2 in terms of scoring in those 2 races, you will start in split 1 for the next races, if you are (as another example) bottom 5 of split one in terms of scoring in the last 2 races, you will start in split 2 in the next races. As you can see, the grids in Challenge are more fluid and with this we try to always match you with a great group to race. Promotion/Demotion between split 1 and Pro Series only happens once a season tho, after all rounds have been finished, based on Overall Points."

3. Matheus Machado

The way I read I understood the same, but seeing Chris Sheperd is still listed as split 1 while having scored 5 points in both races participation aside, I assume it does take participation points into account.

4. Michael Roellin

Michael Roellin Registered

Then I may be wrong and stand corrected if that is indeed the case.

5. Tiago Monteiro

Tiago Monteiro Registered

Anyway, where can we see on wich split we will race next monday? I'm on P5 on split 3, next Monday I will race on split2?

Thanks

6. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

It should be sorted already in the standings. If you're p5 now in split 3, you are in split 3

7. You are in P5 in split 3 yes (i guess since you are not really following the rules with that user name, please contact Christopher Elliot to get that name changed). You are in that position after the moves have been done

Pauli Ahonen likes this.
  8. Tiago Monteiro

Tiago Monteiro Registered

Ok, thanks.

I've already talked to Christopher to change my username too, thanks.

9. Matheus Machado

Bumping this since race day is getting closer

10. I already explained how the points was assigned, you need to be there during the sessions i already stated, i can't and wont start to look into practice as well. Imagine that you had every intention to race and had the mod installed, but then didn't do practice. Then i am suppose to give points for not showing up but being assigned to the workshop.

Pauli Ahonen likes this.
  11. Matheus Machado

You just said you looked at results. Didn’t know if that included practice or not, hence why I asked again.

I hope this gets reviewed in the future, but it is what it is.

12. Todays weather
    upload_2020-4-6_9-7-16.png

Pauli Ahonen and Rifqy Afiyat like this.
  13. Split 1:
    Race 1:

None
    Race 2:
    490 - L Arisi divebombs M Hoyer into T1, the turn in point was already passed and this forces Hoyer to go into the side of M Csincsik who spins
    LIVE penalty - L Arisi - AC; DT

1730, Rotting leaves the track after a failed overtaking attempt, then proceeds to rejoin across the track and not leaving me enough space causing a collision and heavy damage.
    Into the Schumacher esses, Hakkinen goes side by side with K Rotting, both continues and leave room. Rotting goes off track and comes back on track and leaves no space for Hakkinen who is clearly ahead
    Penalty - K Rotting - AC; DT

Split 2:
    Race 1:

268 A Anamorado brakes very late into T1, divebombing 2 cars and bumping another one off the track
    Penalty - A Anamorado - AC; DT
    Race 2:
    355 - T Garcia was reported blocking
    NFA - Garcia was just following the racing line out of a turn towards the chicane

1346 - Between T4-T5 P Laane and G Nedev makes contact
    Racing incident, as Nedev did not respect the turn in (6.2) into T4

2311 - Contact is made again between P Laane and G Nedev
    Racing incident
    Looking at the replay, its clear that Nedev actually went into the turn faster than his car could turn, meaning the contact could have been avoided

Split 3:
    Race 1:

None
    Race 2:
    699 - Into the chicane A Diaz Reina is overtaking A Myzin, Myzin is not slowing down and in the 2nd part of the chicane contact is made. Myzin is spinning around and Reina can't avoid
    Penalty - Aleksey Myzin - AC; DT

2210 Into the chicane J Johnson overtakes M Roellin on the outside and contact is made, both cars continue
    Infraction - J Johnson - AC

Pauli Ahonen likes this.
  14. Driver briefing will be sent out within 10 minutes - please review a slighty updated start procedure.

15. Stijn Handgraaf

Stijn Handgraaf Registered

I am not in a place tonight where I can race, since my gear is somewhere else in the country and I cannot get there because of the virus/lockdown. I hope to see you guys again on the track soon!

Deleted member 24698 likes this.
  16. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

@Jimmi Allison I still can't go home because of the virus:confused: and I won't be able to be in the race today, and also today I'm going to be a father and I'm in the hospital waiting for my daughter, that's why I won't be able to be in the race today :)

17. Giacomo Ettorre

Giacomo Ettorre Registered

i'm second in split3 standings. did i go to split2 or did i stay in split3?

18. Diogo Silva2

Diogo Silva2 Registered

Cant make it to the race today on Split 3. Sorry

Deleted member 24698 likes this.
  19. Alejandro Diaz Reina

Alejandro Diaz Reina Registered

Is the TeamSpeak server UP? I cant connect

Pauli Ahonen likes this.
  20. Diego Barjollo

Diego Barjollo Registered

The standings were updated after the last race and also the promotions, so you are on Split 3 today ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.