Track AIWs

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by t0p5ecret, Sep 17, 2019.

1. atomed

atomed Member

Hey David, Mark did a video explaining how to do it, check it out.

David O'Reilly and t0p5ecret like this.
  2. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Messaged you mate

David O'Reilly likes this.
  3. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

Hiya bears,
    That will be the Block line that the AI take to stop divebombing, so they just block each other on the main straight.

SS

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Go back to the 1st post in this thread. It should have all the info you need.

5. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

First post updated with Leipzig Porsche V1.0 by @Andrea1968, brilliant track combining some of worlds most iconic corners.

6. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

ok, it´s a track for Porsche. So it seems normal that it doesn´t like BMW´s :)

The M2 has a problem on his first round with the inner curb of turn 3. Some cars hitting the inner curb, lift of and then spin. Maybe you could look at this :)

Edit: tried some other cars (911 GT3 Cup, Tatuus USF 17 and PM 18, GT3). All have problems on the first lap. Before turn 1 the right line cars move to the left, forcing cars beside them to go off the track. Mostly every start is ending in chaos. If they are beyond turn 5 all works as expected :)

AI at 100%, 33% aggression

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2020
    t0p5ecret, atomed and memoNo1 like this.
  7. atomed

atomed Member

Hey Mark, tried the Porsche Test Track with your AIW and the MX-5. 110 AI and 20 agression, worked perfectly, damn they´re fast :cool:
    By the way, what a fantastic track, kudos to Andrea1968, the track surface changes in the FFB feels amazing. Great job both of you.

Cheers.

t0p5ecret likes this.
  8. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I might try it without the corridor restrictions and see if it’s better, I’ll update it ASAP.

buzz hornet and Manfredk2 like this.
  9. Felix Schendel

Felix Schendel Registered

Hi Mark,
    first of all thx for your awesome work. I have a question and maybe you know the answer. Do you know what controls the start for a race after the formation lap after a rolling start?

In detail, I would like to tweak the AIW from the Hungaroring for an online race. For my/our behavior the "green green green" signal is to early (last corner).

Thx for your help!

10. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Hi mate, I know when you place the teleport location to shortcut the formation lap for a rolling start, you need to place it far enough back for the count down to occur before hitting the start finish line. Maybe this has something to do with it. I haven't played around with the rolling starts to much other than Willow Springs. I'll take a look at that one and see if the teleport location there has any influence on a normal rolling start.

atomed and Felix Schendel like this.
  11. Felix Schendel

Thanks for the reply and the help.

12. trollray

trollray Registered

Hi @t0p5ecret ,
    i've put some aiwpath in videos thread from my work with f1 1986 cars and 88 tracks.
    Thanks for your help when necessary, now i think i get it.
    Cheers ;)

t0p5ecret and atomed like this.
  13. Felix Schendel

I have played arround with the teleport spot and noticed that if I put it closer to the start/finish line the green flag signal appears later.
    But I have another question. According the AIW guildline (https://www.studio-397.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/rF2_AIW_Creation_Tutorial.pdf), maybe outdated, it says that the left and right path should be generated automaticly. This didn't work for me. Is there a trick or something I have to look for?
    I have created the fastpath. Sorry I hope I do not hijack this thread.

14. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

All good mate, you need to save, exit the track, load back in and immediately save and exit again. Come back in and you should have left and right paths, if you don't then the main line for the track probably isn't correct.

15. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Hi all, first post updated with Leipzig Porsche v1.1, heap of changes to the AIW, massive thanks to @atomed and @Manfredk2 for their amazingly detailed feedback, cheers guys. Hope everyone has great races here!

buzz hornet, Manfredk2 and atomed like this.
  16. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

First post updated with fixed Leipzig Porsche V1.2

17. Pales

Pales Registered

I see you're creating files for AIW, however, where do I get the assoicated track? For instance - I want to use Brands Hatch for testing but online there are multiple versions of this all designed differently. Can you advise which version you have created it for, please?

18. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

If you head over here mate the latest version has my AIW and the new track cut settings.
    http://www.internationalsimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=3873.0

19. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Hi Mark,
    Just quickly back to Adelaide, if you run 2019 FVR it is always this garage spot that gets suck (if image helps) - in this case it is Scott McLaughlin and the issue is consisent in practice and qualifying. Exactly the same issue that you fixed with Symmons Plains where they get stuck and give up. Very occasionally one other driver gets stuck, but if they persist enough they often can get to the track (but never for the garage spot with photo - McLaughlin)

Attached Files:

atomed likes this.
  20. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Thanks mate I'll adjust that pit and test, update ASAP.

buzz hornet and Manfredk2 like this.