Automobilista 2 announced, using project cars 2 engine

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by torig, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

40% doesn't cut it for me... I'm not kidding :p

As you probably know I'm on the same res as you, but I'd still expect decent performance at close to 'recommended' specs. Of course maybe not full details, but that'll probably look fine anyway.

2. Filip

Filip Registered

From what I've read performance is similar to pc2 as it is the same engine. Some say even slighly better.
    Pc2 has free demo so anyone can try it and find out what to expect from ams2.

3. Magus

Magus Registered

Since Project Cars was released I wished that rF2 would have the presentation, graphics, & options of PC but the real-road, physics & FFB of rF2. This general feeling has pretty much carried over to when PC2 was released and rF2 moved over from ISI to S397, still wanting 'that game' which combined the strengths of both those engines.

I think we may finally be there. Absolutely loving the cars and FFB in AMS2 & VR performance is top-notch too. I have to say, so far, so great.

With EA next week, I would highly recommend you guys that haven't, to jump in. It is still missing the TT, Career, & MP can be bugged (last tried MP in Beta 6) but driving the Rocco (P3), MRC2000 (P4), Caterham Academy & 620, Ultimate GTR around Brands Hatch have provided me great enjoyment (especially over this rather difficult time). If you like sim racing, then you will love AMS2.

Still, lots to do by Reiza, but their track history shows them to be tenacious group of developers, so I have faith in 12-18months AMS2 will be up there as one of 'the' sims.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  4. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

How is AI doing at the moment? The physic is credible, similar to rF2?

5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

With the FFB and the car content (and also track), these two things are my main preocupations in RF2, and a general manner for all Sims.

6. Magus

Magus Registered

AI is poor & damage limited, along with collision being like your car is a tank compared to the featherweight AI.

Physics are very credible. In Beta 2 it was like they had tuned PC2 to be good on their own cars. By beta 7 (last nights build), the cars are distinctly Reiza & comparable to S397 cars in Rf2.

mesfigas, memoNo1 and Prodigy like this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Joe Walsh:
    I got the all-night laundromat blues.
    Washing everything I own 'cept my shoes
    If you wanna pay the dues,
    You've got the all night laundromat blues.

ADSTA likes this.
  8. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

That sounds perfect. I'm still waiting for the AI to work properly. The Steam Keys are cheap at any time in the www. to be available. What I have to say, the AI actually works very well at RRE. If AMS2 is where it should be, I guess it won't take long, I'll be there .

9. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

There are a few exploits though in the physics that have to be solved. There is a very easy and quick way to drive most cars :p

10. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Unlike PCars, was there mention if there be mod for additional tracks? Or OTOH, like PCars, I wish they acquired as much tracks. :)

11. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

no mods AFAIK, but they will have bathurst coming up, silverstone, and a dirt pack is on the list as well

12. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Did they say this, for sure none? Too bad, AMS1 had lots of options. Yeah, Hockenheim too, but there’s lots more. Not too keen driving the current tracks too long.

13. Magus

Magus Registered

There was a way to mod for PC2, so I imagine the same maybe true here.

sherpa25 likes this.
  14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

You may be right, but it smells like when project car started ... you have to wait for the updates to make a difference ... let's wait to see what happens, for now it is like this

15. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Refunded withing 5 minutes.

Another bug fest from that well-known bugged platform.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Considering how far the average user gets with rF2 in 5 mins, I would hardly call that a considered review. What did you even buy it for? Just so you could post about it?

17. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Thanks for such thorough testing and detailed reporting.

sherpa25 likes this.
  18. Magus

Magus Registered

I think the hours I put in games is reflective over my preference of sims (rF2 = 1195 (steam only, I think double this figures is more of an accurate reflection of my hours in rF2), PC = 50 (I was part of the beta/investment SMS had so had done more hours pre-release, but probably another 50), PC2 = 195, R3E = 78, AC = 392, ACC = 14).

Needless to say, I was disappointed Reiza went with the Madness Engine over rF2's.

However, keeping that in mind, I don't think any rF2 fan would be disappointed in the 'feel' of AMS2. For £25, it's an absolute bargain in my eyes.
    From my last post, the changelogs have mentioned lots of AI & MP fixes for EA, I will try the latest build tonight hopefully.

If you just get it to try, I'd say jump in the P4 Rocco, F3, Caterham Superlight, or Ultimate GT and do some laps around Brands Hatch. If that doesn't float your boat, then refund it.

memoNo1 and Remco Majoor like this.
  19. gabrielof

gabrielof Registered

The price is a bargain indeed with great variety of content that you will not find in any other sim.
    I bought it today and spent a bit of time. I can say that it's very promising even with barely tuning wheel and in-game configs. You. can feel PC2 FFB but it's already much better than what I could extract from PC2, kind of a mix between PC2 and AMS FFB.
    UI is very fast and VR performance is pretty solid even in an old PC like mine.
    As you might know AI is crappy but is safe to say that with time Reiza will deliver at least an okaysh AI.
    Audio is good, much better than rF2 of course. Needless to say about graphics quality.
    If you enjoy AMS but gave up driving it because of VR then AMS2 is a no brainer decision.

20. stonec

stonec Registered

Just curious, is there a sim platform you reckon that isn't bugged? ACC comes pretty close, but then again they made it easier for themselves by only including one category. Some early 2000's sims were pretty bug free, after that all I've driven is sims with incomplete features and bugs.