Latest Roadmap Update - March 2020

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 31, 2020.

1. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Too bad we won't see tracks from Reiza in RF2 - they're amazing.

I hope S397 will make new EU tracks, like Monza, Zolder or Brands Hatch.

Christian Wolter likes this.
  2. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

Funny how different we all are seeing things.
    I always think it looks like a computer game, there is nothing real about it. There is much more shading, reflections and color variations in reallife.
    I am looking forward to the weather changings, i really can't stand how it looks at the moment.

Filip likes this.
  3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Are you sure it wasn't Workshop content updating?
    Go to your workshop subscribed items and sort by date updated.

4. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Yes and SPA!

5. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Bugger the EU stuff, how about some AU tracks :p:D

6. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

All the sims have the Spa track,except rF2...

7. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

It wouldn't be fair... or I'll start begging to add RU-tracks: Moscow Raceway and Igora Drive. :D

atomed likes this.
  8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

rF2 is incredibly dead.

9. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

indeed, every day more than 1 thousand players play from their grave

BigDuke6, atomed, Spyro and 1 other person like this.
  10. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

We can scold S397 and their product all we want, but even in a state of "death" it remains a great product. I won't deny the RF2 is stuck in a swamp, but I hope the S397 gets it out of there.

I'm playing a solo game and I don't agree with you. What really annoys me is the purple asphalt in Zandvoort and GTE with errors. Because it was released a long time ago and has not been fixed. That's it. The only thing missing from S397 is the speed in development, but as we can see, they're trying.

I propose to be a little more loyal, as this forum already gives too much freedom, that everyone considers it necessary to express their dissatisfaction. What will your comment give? What conclusions will dev make? Will it be useful?

I hope you understand what I mean.

atomed likes this.
  11. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

According to this road map there's no point in watching this forum till next month. See you in May :)

12. stonec

stonec Registered

Remco Majoor likes this.
  13. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Not the most exciting roadmap, but some good information nevertheless. Seeing that the first public UI release is planned for end of April gives me hope that there is finaly some light at the end of the tunnel and that we get some updates on the allready mentioned issues regarding AI or missing features like ambient and track temps or transmission modelling. Seems like most people here overread that part. I just hope that they don't plan too optimistic with the stability and functionality of the new UI because it still has it's issues. Also nice to see that older content get's updated to latest tech because the inconsistent quality is still one of the major cunstruction sites of this sim.

On another note and to all the people who think that rF2 doesn't look good: with the recent flood of online broadcasts and races that were watched by over half a million people it's fair to say that this product has come along way in the visual departement. I wouldn't say that rF2 looks photorealistic, but the complaints about the visual quality have been allmost nonexistent during the streams and just thinking about where this game was five years ago and where it is now, should give you an idea that we are on the bright side. This sim clearly wasn't in a state to be broadcasted to thousends of people before S397 took over development. This goes without saying that there are still a few things that could be improved to make the broadcasts more enjoayable. Compared to iRacing for example, where the streams have been great to watch, the cameras and the sound need a big improvements in rF2.

14. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Nice roadmap as always.
    With the implementation of the Screen Space Reflections will be have a improvement in the overall performance under rain conditions?
    And some news about the implementation of the PBR shaders in the cockpits?
    :)

atomed and mesfigas like this.
  15. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Mauro likes this.
  16. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Thanks for the update.
    The flood of interest in our world of Sim Racing has been amazing. The whole world it seems has come to watch and so many top international drivers from real motor-sport have tasted (and liked, it seems) the joys of what we do.
    Watching the legends race I was not sure whether to laugh or cry with pleasure. Seeing a two time world champion, Indy car winners. Le Mans winners Montoya (I love anyone who gave Schumi a hard time). It was emotional seeing these legends race the 1975 Brabham.
    Dario Franchitti headed out to celebrate his win!
    The line between "real world drivers" and sim racers is possibly a little more blurred than some realise. EG Stoffel van Dorne was a Sim racer 5 years ago when he raced in FSR and Formula Renault 3.5 concurrently.
    Names like Van Buren, Simoncic, Siggy, et al are now well known and deservedly so.

In my view it was a clever blend when "the Race" offered 3 heats for real world drivers and one for Sim racers. It ensured that the household names were in there but the best of the best in our virtual world were there also.
    When we see Sim racing Fox Sports prime time and 2 million viewers see just one event on YT it blows my mind.
    Yes I hope that the world recovers to normality asap but I think that Sim racing has had an exponential leap in exposure and awareness that we could not have dreamed of.

Thanks all and enjoy our past time.

Obbzy_XR_, memoNo1 and mesfigas like this.
  17. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Yeah, I want the whole S397 team down there laser scanning Wakefield Park.
    Until that's done the sim is incomplete.:D:D:D
    While I'm on it when will we see the historic Blue Mountains circuit???

18. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Kartsim update ?

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Still without PC
    Waiting for nvidia 3 series hopefully be up&running for winter

can’t wait to try rfactor2 again
    New Monaco track 1st
    Nords 2nd then all the others

Rfactor2 looks as though it’s progressed so much in the last year kudos to studio397 & big thanks

20. Ermz

Ermz Registered

Thanks for the update!

When you say 'We are working on updating [Silverstone] both in terms of visuals and overall accuracy, bringing it up to our current standards.' does that mean the full works of ground-based laser scanning, or just a revamp of the macro accuracy using better data (aerial scans etc.)? I ask because your 'current standards' set by Sebring and Nurburgring are amazing, and I wouldn't imagine getting that same attention to detail for free.