Latest Roadmap Update - March 2020

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

2. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Thanks for news!

Silverstone? Please fix Zandvoort... :(

Juergen-BY, McFlex, FrC and 1 other person like this.
  3. dazzer

dazzer Registered

Great that they keep working so hard, the races have been incredible, there are still some accidents that take some seriousness away from the races that I have seen, but in general it is a very good initiative I hope the area continues to grow.
    My question is if they consider that the Graphic improvements will be significant in all areas or will only be subtle changes.
    I ask this because there is a lot of criticism about the age of the graphics of this simulator compared to others.
    :D:D

Sebastien Sestacq and philman like this.
  4. stonec

stonec Registered

The same criticism has gone on for years despite S397 rewriting the entire graphics engine to DX11, adding all sorts of post effects, rain effects, tons of new shaders, VR updates, improved the performance, etc. I followed quite closely the esports events of the last couple of weeks due to circumstances - actually I didn't read a lot about graphics complaints, which was refreshing. IMO this game is, bar some minor tweaks like better overlays, well represented on broadcasts as it is, now we just need the competition system and UI to make it easier for people to join races. If that comes in place, I reckon we'll see quite a nice boost in user base in upcoming months.

5. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

What's wrong with Zandvoort mate?

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Do you realize that the full course yellow flag( Safety car) is completely broken and this issue ruins every damn offline races?!
    For example today I set a race @ Silverstone with the Tattoos ( AI-108%) I did 40 min of practice and 20 min of qualification and every thing was perfect . I was 5 on the grid then after 2 laps the Safety car come out. Firstly the cars on front of me drive very fast under safety car and they behave very strange.. half of the grid went to the pit box without any reason ( we were only in the third lap so why they should go to the box?’).
    Then when the Safety car finishes the other cars were all far behind and they were driving very slow... these issues really ruin all the offline racing for me and this is a small example of the many many AI bugs in rfactor2.

7. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

@Christopher Elliott great update, glad to hear you are all well and safe, can't wait to see the updated Silverstone, and the broadcasts have been amazing to watch.

atomed likes this.
  8. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Thanks for the update. Good to see the team is still forging ahead at this difficult time. Onwards & upwards...

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Big thanks for update
    stay safe all

10. dazzer

dazzer Registered

I am aware of the great changes they have made, and I am one of the first to appreciate everything they do, for me physics is the most important thing in the game, that is something that I am very clear about, but even so I would like to see more changes In the graphics section, that's why I asked my question. Regarding criticism, I asked about criticism from outside the community, mostly by people who do not take the simulator and dismiss it as looking old or out of date (mostly young), I know that a large part of the community She is happy with what we currently have, and although a large part of the community we are people for whom we have been in the simulators. years and the graph does not bother us, I think it is something that should be updated even more with new technologies such as virtual reality. :D

I hope that the message can be transmitted well and not misunderstood, since English is not my language. :confused:

11. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

in game in the car I think it's pretty nice (except the cockpit that you never see during competition broadcasts :D), but in competition retransmission it's not up to standard, it's old the colors are not good it's too "video games", look at an iracing, acc or GT sport it's super nice to watch!
    but I'm still waiting for small improvements that are more important than remaking silverstone...
    -cockpit rework with real dashboard
    -downshift protect
    -credible clutch
    -sounds
    -interior light
    and many other little details but important for a simulation!

EsxPaul, Toro, mesfigas and 5 others like this.
  12. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That is well known, for years in fact. Nobody should be using flags when 0laying solo. Dont tell me that ruins immersion. I know, S397 knows. IT IS BROKEN. IT WON'T BE FIXED ANYTIME SOON. ALL SOLO PLAY ISSUES TAKE A BACK SEAT TO THE ROLLOUT OF THE UI AND COMP SYSTEM.
    Turn off all flag rules until the day, far far in the future when S397 begins to address a very very long list of solo play issues.

14. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Luckily there are alternatives for convinced offline players (like me).:cool:

Best regards.

15. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I could understand the criticism of the graphic quality earlier and had the same opinion. Currently RF2 looks to me one of the best among all the racing games. The colors etc. Look realistic and therefore more like a real picture. Yes I know ACC and other games and yes the graphics is great, but it looks like a computer game where all cars and the whole road were polished for 2 weeks and then edited with Photoshop! This is not a direction RF2 should orientate itself on. The only criticism I can share these days is the graphical implementation of the rain, the track doesn't always look realistically wet and the spray also takes getting used to, but I'm very happy with everything else. It's just a pity that there are often MODs out there that still look like they did in DC9, it would be great if it would be very, very easy to get the old MODs up to date.

McKiernan and R.Noctua like this.
  16. Christian Wolter

I think this is a problem for the whole game, not just for the track? But yes, the AI needs to be fixed, it would be great, it would be on the list..........And I would add not only for the offline aspect. We're going online and fill the grid with AI, also there an AI fixing would be great

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

rF2 has certainly closed the gap, and the technical improvements give nice details that sometimes outshine other games. The talk of reflection system is good because that's a shortcoming right now.

Taking a step back, it's relatively rare to chance upon a screenshot of rF2 and initially think it's real life. There's lots of detail and sometimes the track is detailed enough (or the shot is well composed enough) that nothing obviously 'game' stands out, but it rarely has a real life feel. On the other hand I've seen screenshots from other games, and not just recently, that at first glance I've thought were people showing a real life shot as a game comparison - then realise what I'm looking at is a game screenshot. The overall colour balance just isn't right yet, and I'm sure that also goes across the handling of different scene brightness and associated reports. But it's obviously still being worked on, so that's good.

However, it's very nearly good enough that other stuff needs to take precedence. Where it is already people would forgive (and not notice) if the game and sim aspects were top notch. Enter the long list of outstanding issues...

Akela_DE likes this.
  18. Christian Wolter

Yeah, I'm not saying it's perfect doesn't matter anymore. But the direction of RF2 is definitely better than many of the other games out there that are considered graphic monsters. But especially the Nürburgring in combination with the new cars is already very competitive!

19. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

20. Mauro

Mauro Registered

You need to use cockpit camera in e-sports events production.
    Iracing indycar event were awesome to watch and onboard camera created full immersion experience.

In all rf2 e-sports events i watched in this weeks no one onboard cockpit camera was used
    Why that?!?