CS-closed GT Pro Series S1

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not done yet, sorry had a day off yesterday. Doing incident reviews now.
    Deleted some chat about what this means, lets not go there - if you dont have anything on heart that is important, use local notepad.

2. R1
    505 - K van Dooren overtakes M Biancolilla. Not cleared van Dooren turns into next apex and Biancolilla can't avoid contact
    Racing incident

R2
    304 - P Brljak bumps off E Jajovski into the hairpain, but Brljak checks up and wait for Jajovski to get back up to speed
    Penalty downgraded to Infraction for AC

391 - Z Siara dives up the inside of K van Dooren into T3 and turns around van Dooren
    Penalty - Z Siara - AC; DT

542 - R van Buren run side by side with J Raivio and Raivio is left with no space, returning to track the oppotsite happens as Raivio runs E Jajovski off track
    Infraction - R van Buren - Not leaving room
    Infraction - J Raivio - Not leaving room

553 - From previous incident E Jajovski rejoins track and is almost up to speed, however D Mroczek ignores the BMW and runs into the back of Jajovski spinning him off
    Penalty - D Mroczek - AC

593 - D Mroczek and D Lind goes side by side out of last turn, small taps and some correction on steering wheel, until Mroczek keeps on turn to the right even after having plenty of space on the track to the left of him. Lind spins
    Penalty - D Mroczek - AC
    See steward notes further down

953 - H Alsabti takes the normal entry into T1, but N Wisniewski ignores this and sends it to the inside, bumping his way past
    Penalty - N Wisniewski - Bumppass; DT
    See rules 6.2

3030 - H Alsabti spins and slides across the grass, then pit entry and then onto the track causing contact with J Simoncic
    Penalty - H Alsabti - AC/FTLB; DT

Steward notes
    Driving seriously needs to be cleaned up, you are suppose to be "GT PRO" Enough said!
    D Mroczek will be sitting this round out, but will be back for R4.

3. Jakub Brzeziński

Jakub Brzeziński Registered

Are those penalties applied to race result or the next race?

4. Tonights R2 - but are your name Jakub or Kuba?

5. Jakub Brzeziński

Jakub Brzeziński Registered

I guess you mean R3 in that case. It's difficult in Polish, you can use both versions of the name. I'll get the forum name changed to Kuba so that it's not confusing

EDIT: Ah, you mean the main race tonight, my bad

6. Nice and hot today on track.
    upload_2020-3-30_12-40-25.png

7. Nikodem Wisniewski

Nikodem Wisniewski Registered

So here is the thing - I was attacking, maybe too aggresive but didn't hurt anybody, and Hany is rejoining the track like…ekhm ;) and we get the same penalty? Seems fair :):):)

8. Erhan Jajovski

Erhan Jajovski Registered

Didn't hurt anybody?
    You just used him to make the corner and destroyed his car. Seems fair :):):)

9. Nikodem Wisniewski

Yeah car was super destroyed that he could end it on 4th :)

10. Just clean up the driving instead of trying to say other drivers are worse.

11. Nikodem Wisniewski

I'm not saying my move was super clean - it wasn't. But the same penalty for that and for wrecking others seems unfair :)

12. Life is unfair, but rules are quite clear on this.
    FTLB = DT running into others bumppass or AC = DT, unless they have significant damage then its SnH 60.

Will be working on point deductions as well.

Erhan Jajovski and Risto Kappet like this.
  13. Jernej Simoncic

Jernej Simoncic Registered

Considering that the BOP is not working and the race pace of all the non BMW/Mclaren cars is significantly worse, is there anything that can be done to make the championship fair? Could you adjust the BOP already for the next race, or could we at least get to change the car? There's significant prize money on the table, there are many watching the series, and there are cars that are over half a second per lap slower. What should we, drivers of these cars, do? Just suffer in our poor choices and wait for the season to end to choose another car, or is there anything that can be done? Thanks in advance.

14. NunoPinto

NunoPinto Registered

I'm not really the type of guy to come and complain but I think this time I have to. I started 1 race after everyone else, After the Nurb race I saw that I have a car that is way slower than the others, I have to overdrive the car to get any sort of results, could I have been faster? sure but I'm not a robot.
    On today's 1st race I did half a spin because I wanted to get more points because I saw that a lot of the guys got into trouble and because my car is slow I thought to myself, I have to take this chance if I want to get anything out of this round, that would NEVER happen if I was driving the 720s or the BMW, I bet my life on that.
    Then on the 2nd race, last place of the finishers with a broken car, can't really say much.
    Hope you guys do anything on the BOP or let us change the cars. You promised a BOP, what happened wasn't a BOP, sorry but its the truth.

15. BOP is not always the answer to everyones problems. Way slower Nuno, i wouldnt say that, you were in front of Nurb race. Just sayin´
    Cars are not perfect no, but i can only do minor bop - i am not a DEV that do physics updates just remember that. But like i said, yes i am working on it to see what I can do. Everyone had an option to pick a car before the season - you picked it - not me.
    BUT not everyone can be in top 10 remember, and obviously if you are not - blame the car, i get it ;)

Remco Majoor and Risto Kappet like this.
  16. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

I think the BOP going in the right direction all the time so there is reason to be positive.
    The top 4 cars are definatley well balanced (Audi drivers remember that your car got to 0.086s of pole time in an unfavorable track and will be the car to have in Imola) but indeed the bottom cars could even be BOPped quicker than after 2 rounds since the data available is abundant thanks to these races.

By the way Jimmi or anyone from S397, can you shed light on what was the problem when the mod was momentarily broken after the BOP, causing all cars to be significantly slower? I am suspecting maybe Bentley has always had that problem...911 and AMG can wait with their small kg bump for after Imola, but the Bentley should be regarded as a high priority bugfix.

17. That was simply me doing a mistake in the upgrades.
    I am working on the cars right now, and yes Bentley, Porsche and AMG is a bit more in need of a helping hand.

Risto Kappet likes this.
  18. Jernej Simoncic

Jernej Simoncic Registered

Take things in perspective - Yuri got p1 in the hotlap event in the Audi and so has got a lot of laps done recently there, and I'd say a quite optimized setup. With a fantastic lap, he gets it into p3, only to be completely eaten alive in the races. So, qualifying is not the measure for BOP. If we want a balanced BOP, Audi should easily get onto front row, as it will then have really hard time staying there anyway. Or, tell the S397 physics guys that they made a completely unrealistic car behavior in what's supposed to be the best simulator, and have them fix it...soon.

Jimmi, I'm not over half a second per lap slower driver, especially when most of the time is lost on straights...when using low downforce. So I will rightfully blame the car, as it is car's fault. Again, I chose Audi because it felt good and because I thought we are supposed to trust with the BOP to be fair.

Yuri Kasdorp likes this.
  19. Joonas Raivio

Joonas Raivio Registered

I feel like helping the Audi drivers here, this is comparison between me and Yuri in the hotlap competition where we did the 2 fastest laps:
    As you see i overshot my corners every time, but I gain that all back on the straights where Audi is just a sitting duck. I know this will only hurt me but honestly I dont want to competitive just because I have better car. That said 650S might have the one lap pace but completely dies in the race against BMW because the tires just give up.
    https://streamable.com/dly6x

Yuri Kasdorp likes this.
  20. Yuri Kasdorp

Yuri Kasdorp Registered

In the sprint race as far as I know, every race there has only been 1 car that's not McLaren or BMW in the top 10, and none in top 5. I think this is a better result than race 2 to look at because of reverse grid. Race 2 we had an Audi managing to make a train in top 5 twice while the leader drives off into the distance and as far as I remember only 1 car not McLaren or BMW in top 10 for each 2nd race too.

Every race all the other drivers get to hear we just have to be patient and next race will be our race! And then next week arrives and it's the same story. For example at Silverstone the BMW we heard was only up front because it was a flat trac, and it will suffer at Nurburgring. Then Nurburgring came and all the BMWs were up front but fear not Virginia is really not going to suit the car! But thanks Risto I'm really looking foreward to Imola there the Audi will be for sure the car to have.

I know how this sounds, I know the drivers in BMW and McLaren that are up front are guys that will always be up front but the gaps are just too big.
    Before the championship it sounded like there would be succes ballast for the cars up front, ensuring a varied field of cars up front. Maybe that gave me false expecations. The way it's going now just makes it hard to get motivated when you know the best you can hope for is a low spot in top 10 and then hang on somehow in race 2 because overtaking is a distant dream.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.