RFactor 2 crashes just before going on the tarmac

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by lagnelli72, Mar 28, 2020.

1. lagnelli72

lagnelli72 Registered

Hello,

I've just install the RFactor 2. For many years I was happy with RFactor until for some unknown reason, it stopped working on my Windows 10. I guess the latest updates did not agree with the software. So, decided to spend a few bucks and download the RFactor 2. All seems okay, I chose my car, circuit, weather, etc... just trying to run a few practice laps btw. It shows me the garage view where my driver is ready to go on the tarmac. When I click on race, it shuts down. Am I missing something?

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

What are your computer specs?

3. lagnelli72

lagnelli72 Registered

AMD FX(tm) - 8350 eight-core processor 4000 mhz
    AMD Radeon HD7570 graphic card

4. lagnelli72

lagnelli72 Registered

by the way, I was able to run a few practice laps in Montecarlo, but when I tried to do a full weekend, same issue.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It is your video card. Not enough video memory to load all the textures. 3gb is the barest minimum for the newer tracks and cars. I would recommend 6 to 8Gb to use the new laser scanned tracks.
    You might get some of the smaller older tracks like Lime Rock to work but im not even sure of that. Final option might be to use Steam and roll back to v.1105 and use dx9. However, with dx9, none of the new tracks or DLC cars will work. Those are dx11 only.