CS-closed GT Challenge Series S1

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timothy Goya

Timothy Goya Registered

Unfortunately I cannot attend tonight's race.

2. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

I suspect this has to do with the weather conditions we had last race. Even if you set visible cars to 10, the game will render rain spray from ALL the cars and that's a big hit on performance.

You could always try this theory in single player with a grid full AI cars in different conditions.
    No rain tonight by the looks of it so I'd still give it a go and esc out if it's bad during the formation lap.

3. Frank Murphy

Frank Murphy Registered

@Jimmi Allison I'm sorry but can you send me the link to the templates folder? I was sure that I found it on the "code of conduct" page but I can't find the link again. I have to deliver some new team skins for both series.
    Cheers, Frank

4. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado Registered

registering here in case for future reference. Current being booted by the server as soon as I join, so that is why you might see multiple join attempts from my side. Did a full unsub resub now so hopefully just one more after this post.

5. Tiago Monteiro

Tiago Monteiro Registered

On Split 3, starting Race 2, car on track on time, and then the image just stayed always freeze... I've heard some guys crashing on me, but my image was still the same..... Sorry, but it wasn't my fault.

6. Matheus Machado

After Brazil had a brief internet breakdown right before q started the error appeared again when rejoining leaving me unable to join for R1 and R2. I wish good luck to the car that will take my Split 1 place for next race. Bug report as always incoming.

Feels really bad to spend a huge time preparing for this event for nothing and even more not having the chance to get into the pro grid for next season. But it is what it is...

7. Tomás García

Tomás García Registered

I want to withdraw from the series completely. I´m not happy with the way me or anyone else is driving. I know everyone understands how to race properly, as I already know many of the drivers, but it seems that neither me or others want to make the effort needed for this kind of competition, so I think it´s my time to get out of here so I can make everyone else a favour by them don´t having to deal with 1 more in the grid.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2020
  8. We don't do updates to these liveries, they are here for the season. Any urgent updates such as a sponsor withdraw and consider lawsuit to your team, contact me - but i do not wish to go through 160 liveries each race, because about 1/10th can submit as per rules.
    I´ve removed you.

9. Replays posted. Now consider this the final warning, i do not need to keep saying no chat, next time someone chats when its a not chat session its a DT penalty in the race, 2 chats = 2 DT´s, 3 chats... can you guess where this is going. Use TS to message me, but first of all - you need to make sure you are right. First thing to check is the results when you cross the line, note it down, you might get a penalty.
    Also stay on the servers please.
    That was my notes. Its a major PITA to try and manage when people does not follow these simple steps.

Michael Roellin likes this.
  10. Georgi Nedev

Georgi Nedev Registered

I had to exit the server due to SteamVR crash at the end of race 1 thus my rejoin.
    Also for some of us messaging via TS does not work as Alt+Tab is not working properly in VR and rF2,

Driving standards veeery poor in Split 2 yesterday. I agree with what @Tomás García said but will give it one more chance.
    Georgi

11. Driving standards - if someone does not follow the rules and you are involved, just submit IRR, its really simple. Just reply to the email i sent out with a time stamp. Obviously we all make mistakes, so if nothing happens there is no need for a post.
    Did you have any urgent issues in warmup? just checking, yes there were some issues where people kept on chatting and i lost track of people saying things and people entering the server after the batch was run. But we've eliminated that.
    Also set a few things to happen automatically (race length etc).

12. Georgi Nedev

Georgi Nedev Registered

IRR already submitted.
    No issues in warmup but SteamVR crash/update end of Race 1.

13. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

Feels like the game has a 50/50 chance of crashing when tabbing even without VR. I don't think this is a risk anyone is willing to take.

14. lagg

lagg Registered

You can use Windows+D instead
    It works better if you use windowed or borderless

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Years ago when alt tab was suicide for me I set up keyboard shortcuts in TS to move to specific channels. This can be a useful workaround.

Georgi Nedev and lagg like this.
  16. Nico Barclay

Nico Barclay Registered

cannot be right beavis jumps to p9 in split 1 right? bad maths?

17. Matheus Machado

What are the rules for getting participation points? I can't find it anywhere.

18. Sebastian Pfeiffer

Sebastian Pfeiffer Registered

The higher the split, the more participation points you get. Pro -> 150, C1 -> 100, C2 -> 75, C3 -> 50.

So everyone in C1 did get 25 points more per race as Matthew in C2, but he has a lot of place-points, that's why he is quite high up there. It's correct.

19. Alexey Kutsak

Alexey Kutsak Registered

Interesting to know the reason of receiving 25 points for the win in sprint race (both second and third splits) instead of 20 like in split 1 and like it was for Silverstone

20. I dont know how your calculator works, but Libre Office, excel and my windows calc comes up with this
    upload_2020-3-25_8-35-24.png
    And he is even 8th if you let the position figure out the tie.

Participation means you have participated in one way or another, so if i see you in the results, you get points for being there.
    A simple mistake, its not super rocket science, its manual adding points to a sheet.

Pauli Ahonen and Alexey Kutsak like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.