[REL] F40LM LeMans Competition

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Tommy78, Mar 4, 2020.

1. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

Brought it and do a simple test, A nice car, both looking and feeling, but I found something not so comfortable.
    First, the dashboard, you are brilliant to create a effect that light can control dash lights too but it's too dark without lights and proper sunlight direction, and I don't know what's the meaning of the 'break light', I think a RPM light will be more help (but if it's real that just nothing hahah ) 20200305020412_1.jpg 20200305020352_1.jpg 20200305020342_1.jpg 20200305020329_1.jpg
    Second, I've spin a lot of time in Le Mans first chicane and out of the track ( because I'm noob to drive this), and the car get some slight damage on the side, but there seems nothing on track (S397's Le Mans), I don't know it's the collision box or the track's little problem, but it's not so heavy problem.
    About the handling I'm no expert so I can't say anything hah. Just feel the rear is very happy when breaking or trail, hard to drive but fun. I'm too noob to drive an old car...
    20200305022129_1.jpg
    Add: in the showroom seems front is floating of the ground, and in the game seems the front is too high when accelerating? I don't know how real car looks but just looks a little weird.
    And what't more, can you provide a 'real' skin pack? I mean real pouncing horse one, hope there's no legit problem...
    And a little suggestion, maybe you can do a 1996 GTE version, I remember that there's only rear wing change to a bigger one, and you have 1996 skins so that it's better to have 1996 spec, just a small suggestion.
    Just take a 5mins ride with this because it's midnight in my place, and hope you can do more amazing work. If I found more point I will keep update or report

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  2. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Does the vehicle have a sequential shift or an H shift?

3. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

seems a seq shift, I only have paddle shift and feel nothing which H Shift will provide..

4. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

In the upgrade you can choose from both.

5. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Yes, the dash panel is dark, because its dark grey, that's why i did the dash light.
    And there is an rpm light, but this is on the driver right hand side on the dash, next to the ignition switch.
    I know the car looks different in the showroom, when you modeling a car, you need to place the car bottom to zero, and the wheels are under, maybe there is a solution, but we don't have any information about it. Yeah the front is higher because nothing in the front of the car, just a cooler and battery.

pkelly and zxd1997 like this.
  6. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

oh it's hard to find the RPM.... Seems my fov kr hud prevent me to see that......... hahaha
    And what about a 'real' skin and 1996 version rearwing?

7. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

In real life they have also both options?
    And please make an YT Promo Video ok?

8. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Only the brand logo missing, but i don't want to put it on the car. There’s not enough Space on the template to put another rear wing, and it not worth to use another separate texture just for the rear wing, sorry.

zxd1997 likes this.
  9. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Available both version yes.
    I don't have extra time to create videos now, but will coming a mod review later.

memoNo1 likes this.
  10. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

good work Tommy funny cars! but I get the feeling she tends to flip over pretty easily! :D

11. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

The reason is that in the spinner/showroom some parameters of the physics (HDV, pm) are applied (at least to some extent and simplified, as far as I remember). So a good old trick from the GTR2 days can help here: Have a separate model for the spinner - of the body, body parts, and tires incl. rims. It's easily possible because the spinner.gen can be largely different to the normal gen. That way you can really place the car individually how you want it to be (like in your 3D editor etc.) without interfering with the in-game model ;)

12. Sebastien Sestacq

13. Rastas

Rastas Registered

To solve the issue in showroom just replace:LFTIRE by LFTIRESPIN in spinner gen ;)

memoNo1 likes this.
  14. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Yes, i know that trick, but this way i have to create too many wheels, because of the colour and type selection. And there is already 64 wheels.

zxd1997 likes this.
  15. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Thanks mate, i will try it.

16. Levelup1

Levelup1 Registered

Definitely giving this a go! Thanks Tommy!

17. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

OK, that's so sad, if you create another template for the 1996 version it'll be a massive job for you to do so which need redone all the skin for a new version so no necessary to do that. But just feel sad, what a pity that massive beautiful rear wing can't be on that car...

18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thank you, now with this price I agree, will still wait a bit to make it more clear how the car is, nevertheless, I want F40 really much :D So thanks a lot for making it for rF2.

This suggest either much too high CG, or tire grip is much much much too high, or both in combination. Anyway, just found a video in YT, it is absolute darkness, but still could see something. Car looks like it behaves rather natural over the limit, couldn't tell for sure, but it seems like it might be taking some g's too many while cornering, and perhaps slowish on straights ? not sure

19. bears

bears Registered

Are you planning on doing anymore bpr cars ? That may sway me to purchase this one :)

20. Sebastien Sestacq

I had fun all night with the F40 and I love it!! but yes I went back several times with it (spa, imola, monza et suzuka) there might be a little problem.