(SOLVED) VRAM Usage too high on some tracks

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ronaldoz, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Ronaldoz

Ronaldoz Registered

So I can't get it below my maximum of 8GB. At Nordschleife it is at maximum. I already lowered textures. The performance is good, because it will run @ 60 FPS constant. But I got flickering and tearing. Sometimes there is tearing and at night, lights are flickering. I think this happen, because I use too much VRAM. I have FXAA and the FSAA to 0 and None, but Supersampling x2 @ Nvidia.

Both my CPU and GPU are not at 100% usage.

Are there settings to deal with this?
    Lower VRAM / no tearing / no flickering?

EDIT (SOLVED)
    Sorry, but I fixed it by lowering track detail from FULL to HIGH. This results in a massive lowering.. from 8100MB to 6500MB at Nordschleife. Now I could even use higher AA settings.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    pety100, ItsBillyFrazier and vittorio like this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

We have to remember, Nords is an outlier track. Even compared to Le Mans it is huge. Really Really big huge. Thanks for posting your solution.

ItsBillyFrazier likes this.
  3. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I confirm that the solution of lowering from ultra to high the track details for the Nurburgring (GP especially) works in this scenario.

I had experienced it a few months ago and had reported it somewhere on the forum.

The first half of the Nurburgring GP is the most poorly optimized track in rF2 :

I hope the developers will do something quickly.

4. Ronaldoz

Ronaldoz Registered

You're welcome. I lowered the settings a bit and especially texture detail solved this. I made a video with night to day transition @ Sebring 12H Layout with the settings below. No issues here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

When it is dry I have seen a 20 to 30% fps increase by turning rain drops, road and environment reflection off.
    What better than a performance or efficiency increase for turning off something that is on but isn't on. ;)
    Try it, you might be surprised.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    DrivingFast likes this.
  6. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels Member

Put post effects down also. as the name suggests, it's things (FX) done after the frame been rendered. taking a chunck out of the FPS.