Garagespots of Highland MCP broken

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Lukas Lichten, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Lukas Lichten

Lukas Lichten Registered

Title: Garage spots of Highland MCP broken

Type: Bug Report

Describe Your Issue:
    When there are more then 16 cars on the server the 17 car, and multiple afterwards, will spawn outside of track boundaries floating over the go-kart track (which has no collisions, therefore you are completely stuck).
    This also probably behaves the same in singleplayer.
    Needless to say, this is game breaking, and as this is official content (at least promoted as such), this is unacceptable quality standards vise.

Screenshot

GRAB_039.PNG

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I have no computer at the moment. so must ask what may be an obvious question, how many garage spots are supposed to be available?

3. Bernd

Bernd Registered

@TheLichten You could extract the aiw file, to check how many garage spots are set.
    And, are you sure that the track is official content?
    I can't find an official version of it.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Loading screen shown on the workshop says 28 spots.

It's not directly released or announced, got mentioned in the December roadmap as one of a few tracks being released free in conjunction with other outfits ("We again worked closely with Engineering Consult and Toyota Gazoo New Zealand on the car, but this time we also created five amazing tracks, all of which will be released completely for free in the workshop"). I think official content might be a step far but it's a blurred line.

5. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I have checked it and the aiw has 30 garage spots in the pit area.
    The problem is, that there are a few more pit and garage spots outside of the pit area (where you see the wrong positioned cars appearing).
    I suppose it is a copy and paste mistake from the aiw creator.
    When i remove these entries, 30 cars get positioned properly.
    Even if there are 2 garage spots with 2 cars on it and also 2 pit spots on the same position. :)

6. SRGP

SRGP Registered

The .AIW is totally ready for the trash can : it is simply unfinished business.
    It pretends to have 28 pitboxes, but some are on top of each other... and i did not bother to find where exactly are the others because i could not see them at first glance.
    I would not be surprised the modder got fed up with the DevMod constantly crashing and left this as is. But beware if you want to use that online...

I will not post my "quick job" update verion, since I am not the licence owner ( :rolleyes: ) , but if you have an emergnecy need, it is not private.