Automobilista 2 announced, using project cars 2 engine

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by torig, Jun 1, 2019.

1. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I do somewhat agree and said myself to them that a month isnt going to be long enough.. It needs a good 2-3 months before the world see it imo. But suppose everythings in beta these days look at rf2 endless beta.?

2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The thing is, rF2 aswell as some other products like AC and ACC launched as beta or EA programms and people knew what they were getting into as everything was clearly communicated. Ongoing development was the initial plan for rF2 and it's still sticking to that principle. In the case of AMS2 they release it as a full retail game similar to how PC1 and 2 were launched. To be on the safe side they should label it beta or EA when they release it at the end of March, because as it looks now it'll be released with a pretty nice selection of content though nowhere near PC2, but with very sparse functions, some of them looking like simple ports from PC2. When I see the very erratic AI that looks like a remnant from PC2 I get worried at this point and for me as a potential user it isn't very clear what I will be getting in terms of functionality compared to AMS1, when I pull my wallet at the end of next month.

3. LokiD

LokiD Registered

the driving experience for me is on another level to PC2 more ams 1 with better ffb - but all needs tweaks. The ai yes is probably the only thing i see that reminds me of PC2 apart from the stunning visuals of course.

we will have to see for sure.

4. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I'm going to have to buy AMS 2 anyway because I really want racing trucks in VR.

5. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I have the beta, we can be happy for rFactor 2, AMS 2 is far far behind, even far behind ACC.

About the graphics, it's AMS with pCars 2 features, and pCars 2 is from 2017, its no beauty at all in 2020, not crisp like rFactor 2, not beauty like ACC (this game is a visual art) , it's the deception for me.

About FFB, it's not very subtle, it's brutal, heavy, the tire load feelings has zero nuance like rFactor 2, even ACC is far better.

About the AI, it's sadly the pCars 2 AI, don't be fooled by the fan boys, i tell you it's the pCars 2 AI at 100%.

To be sure before posting that, I have tried the Reiza rF2 bundle with Azure DLC in rFactor 2, then I have tried these cars in Azure in AMS2.....sorry Reiza, you are not at all at the same level.

I just think Reiza will bring a game without major issues like rFactor 2 (AI and AIW,)

My conclusion : Finally after being happy they choose pCars 2 engine, I think the best choice was rFactor 2 engine, it's the best FFB, with ACC just behind, and they could fix what s397 didn't success to do....with AMS2 under pCars 2 engine, they struggle to have the same AMS1 FFB, and sorry but with the new shaders, rFactor 2 is 100x more beauty than pCars 2.5 (AMS2). BUT AMS2 can be better for an offline experience if s397 don't improve the AI and AIW....cause the rain and night in pCars 2.5 (AMS2) has a better render than rFactor 2.....Even if I dont' play anymore with pCars 2, I don't see me playing a lot with AMS2....my immersion is reduced cause it's too much close from pCars 2 graphics, and I play with my eyes first. ACC and rFactor2 have their own identity....

edit : even if I had made many jokes about rF2 on the Racedepartment website, I like rF2, but there are many things that need a fix.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    Se7en89 and Rui Santos like this.
  6. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I think they didn't used rF2 engine because rF2 it's yet in development and that would split the community, also S397 could lose some money. Reiza usually uses engines that are already complete and improve them (as far as possible :D ), so working with rF2 engine right now was simply not possible... maybe in future, who knows! One thing is sure, rF2 engine has a LOT of potential in the right hands, just hope S397 is up to the task for next years...

Emery likes this.
  7. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Codemasters have bought SMS, if only s397 could buy Reiza. s397 needs really a serious developper to remove the bugs and improved the many things they don't know how to do. And s397 needs the serious from Reiza, for example, to polish and release premium quality DLCs without any issue.

Rui Santos likes this.
  8. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Unfortunately not in next 3 years... at least!

9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Interview with Renato in a Brazilian site, they didnt pick rF2 because:
    S397 would need a deal to let them see the code (or something like that)
    SMS allowed them to take a look and see how things worked before anything was signed
    rF2 would need more work for them to get things as they wish (same thing if they decided to make AMS2 from AMS1 which was their original plan).
    But... they couldn't do this (rf2 or AMS1 -> 2) because, in Renato own words, they are more of a content creator than a developer, which is why engines that are ready like Madness make more sense for them and comments like these:
    Doesn't make any sense.
    Reiza hired S397 (Luminis back then) to make part of the coding updates in AMS1, why would S397 buy Reiza?

mr.Sw1tchblade and Rui Santos like this.
  10. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Wanted to point that s397 today struggles to deliver premium quality DLCs without any issue or fast fix....I don't know who they need, but s397 needs help.

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

It's all about leadership decisions and schedule, some of the ppl working there had their own mods and using what rf2 can offer properly. If we have some luck when they finish all new shaders they'll revisit some stuff

12. stonec

stonec Registered

Well, you are for sure wrong here. Think of Reiza more like a modding team, they have even less resources to refactor a problematic old ISI engine. First ISI themselves and now S397 have been struggling with it for almost a combined of 10 years now. There is no reason to think Reiza would do any better. Engine development is hard.

memoNo1 and Will Mazeo like this.
  13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I wonder if Reiza would take the rf2 codebase (and rf1 tire model) + Amazon graphics engine that was used in TGTG if it existed back then, but I heard VR in that engine is not good so probably wouldnt happen anyway

14. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

There is always something or someone better in the life, and there is without doubt better than s397. Look at top5secret (Mark) , look at how he can do better AIW than s397.

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

You are realy comparing making an AIW (which is not that hard to begin with, go read about it) with writing milions of lines of code? Seriously dude?! I guess this is a waste of time :D I'm out

16. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

if it's not hard, why s397 has released the Azur DLC with a broken AIW, and 2 month after it's not fixed ? No, I really thnik s397 needs help in many part.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You're now trolling here and at RD in various threads unrelated to RF2, always about the same topics and it's incredibly boring. You've made your point, move on.

18. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

do you like buying something broken ? until today there is zero answer or explanation from s397 about the Azure AIW fail.
    Your post is the only troll, you don't contribute or discuss about what we were discussing.

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Like I said

20. Heikki21

Heikki21 Registered

So, after more hours of driving I think I need to update my first statement !
    After putting the ingame FFB settings for "FX" and "Low force boost" to "0.0", it feels much much better and very more like AMS1 :) ! Cars feel now much more predictable in the corners. (using a Fanatec DD2, Force to 100% and ingame Gain to 30%)
    I better should have read the Reiza FFB recommendations for direct drive wheels before ;)