Automobilista 2 announced, using project cars 2 engine

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by torig, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Haven't tried that. I actually never race with AI :p

Seven Smiles likes this.
  2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

It has lots of potential but isn't perfect yet. . My first impression was ams underneath the pc2 engine with better ffb than both. Performance is solid ai is a little average atm. Ffb miles better than pc2 with minimal options making more sense.

It could be amazing.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    mr.Sw1tchblade and Remco Majoor like this.
  3. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

It could be, but only time will tell how much they can and will improve the physics

4. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I think the physics are pretty there still has ams feel but on more dynamic tyre model. Some reports it being easier but I've always felt this model was too slippy.

5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Many street cars are there plans for AMS?

Miss them a lot in rF2 and PC2 + AC1 are not what I expect from a sim.

6. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Not many coming up. There's is SOME NICE RACING CARS COMING.

DrivingFast likes this.
  7. Heikki21

Heikki21 Registered

After playing couple of hours I am not sure what to think. I am not talking about unfinished menu or modi, that's all fine and clear Beta.
    But the driving feeling... It reminds me quite a lot on pcars2. Also the track cut detection is annoying as in pcars. Making a mistake and going over the grass, lap invalid and next lap as well. Also, why can't we drive by ourselves out of the pit lane? I really hope that's not something which is unchangeable in madness engine :oops:
    The driving feeling... Well...it feels much more unpredictable then ams1 for me to make it short.
    Let's see what the future brings, I for sure have high hopes and trust in REIZA ;)
    But I think some people will hit the brakes of the hype train and see more clearly now, how good rF2 really is ;)

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  8. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

You can change the auto-pitlane thing in the settings. I already turned it off.

Emery and Heikki21 like this.
  9. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Cars look VERY in control... also, in the wet the grip is ridiculously high, i'll save my money by now...

10. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Other opinions like @Heikki21 's opinion concerning the driving feeling, FFB, impression of realism?

11. Heikki21

Heikki21 Registered

Thanks mate, that's good news :) haven't seen that

12. Mauro

Mauro Registered

if s397 are forward-looking they will fully support modding
    because rf2 remains the only next gen sim open to modding

modding could be a killer application for rf2

13. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Thank you for your assessment.
    You give exactly what I already guessed.
    Let's see what Reiza can get out of the engine in the future.
    Let's see how it looks at the end of the year. Until then I have rF2 and RRE with their ingenious Group4 ...
    Ey S397 ... what do you think about a Group4 DLC? :D
    That would be an ultimate hit!
    Immediately and blind purchase with your physics and engine ... please think about it .

george4203 and Rui Santos like this.
  14. LokiD

LokiD Registered

feels more like ams than pc2 imo. the ffb and physics.

it has issues and bugs

15. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

There's an option to disable that in the menu and have manual pitting (as it should).
    And yes, although I can see the huge potential in AMS2 after playing the beta, it made me more appreciative of how incredible and subtle the rF2 tyre model is, especially for the new cars (BMW M2 and Porsche Cup).
    However, the unfinished UI in AMS2 is already a tad more usable than the new unfinished rF2 UI and its sloooooow animations and blinding white backgrounds...

We are incredibly lucky to have so many diverse sims that do their own thing and are not interchangeable.

R.Noctua and memoNo1 like this.
  16. Travis

Travis Registered

Way to early to pass judgement on AMS 2; I'm just glad my payment back in 2015 has resulted in something tangable.

AMS 2 visuals are great (AA issues aside) and runs way better than pCARS 1 or 2 ever did thanks it part to the change to 2D trees so we miss the horrid LOD, pop in and shadow issues of pCARS 2.

Physics etc are going to change over time; some cars feel good and others are forgettable.

It's all new for the tiny Reiza team and they've done a solid job for a beta build.

I do feel the community expectations of Reiza to fix the Madness engine issues are a little high.

It will be interesting to see how the SMS/Codemasters and Reiza teams work together to fix issues.

LokiD and Rui Santos like this.
  17. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Thanks for the information and it is to some extend what I expected. For the people who thought that AMS2 would be the nail in the coffin for rF2 and some of the other platforms it shows that the proof is in the pudding and that things mostly turn out pretty average if you are overstressing the hype.

From what I have seen and read, I suspect that they might reuse quite alot of PC2 features and structures, because why shouldn't they? Anyway, I will pick it up when there is more info and footage available on what to expect in terms of features, because right now there isn't much that I don't get with AMS1 and PC2.

18. LokiD

LokiD Registered

19. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

And how are you going to explain this to people who aren't aware of this and expect a solid package at the end of March when the game get's officialy released? I mean, I know that they will support the game for the upcomming years but don't be surprised if there is a sh*tstorm at the end of March and potentialy bad reviews. It's just obvious that all the hype that is going on doesn't help most of the devs as people simply get too high expectations.

mr.Sw1tchblade and memoNo1 like this.
  20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

One had to be pretty stupid to think that AMS2 would be the nail in the coffin for rF2. But the world is filled with ppl like that so it's not a surprise :D
    If anyone takes a look at Steam charts will realise that rF2 is its own biggest enemy, even ACC beating rF2 number of players pretty hard despite having a single class and only 15 tracks didn't hit rF2, the game simply stagnated a while ago and nothing has "killed it", even the crazy dev path S397 is taking isn't killing it lol
    Oh well, I wish good luck to Reiza, I like it when ppl keep their jobs and manage to have return from their financial and time investments
    Going to wait to see what are those GT3 and 4 pack and see how things go with updates till then

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020