DRS activation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Normark, Feb 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Normark

Normark Registered

Hi
    I´m a bit in doubt about the DRS activation in F1
    I can se the DRS zone lights on the steering wheel when I enter the DRS zone ex. under practice and have got the message that DRS is now on.
    I have mapped the activation to a button, and wonder if I have to manually activate the DRS each time I enter a DRS zone.
    If I don´t push the button the lights on the steering wheel are yellow, and if I activate they turn green.

Sorry for this kind of question :)
    Best regards
    Normark

2. lagg

lagg Registered

The yellow light means that you can activate the DRS pressing the assigned button. Once you have activated the DRS the green light will be on.
    Depending on the car you'll have to press the brake pedal or stop throtellng to deactivate the DRS

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Pressing the button again will also disable it.

lagg likes this.
  4. Normark

Normark Registered

Thanks a lot.
    But does that mean that if the track has ex. 1 DRS zone I will have to activate it every lap, because it deactivate when I brake at the ned of the zone?

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yes, it's always manually activated, every time.

lagg likes this.
  6. Normark

Normark Registered

Thanks, now I´m an expert :)

lagg and Alex72 like this.
  7. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

In a race, you normally are not able to activate DRS unless you are within 1 second of a car ahead of you at the DRS detection point.

I highly recommend Lazza's DRSShiftBeeps plugin: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/drsshiftbeeps.61555/ which can be configured to beep when you are within range at the detection point, when you can activate DRS and when activated and deactivated.

8. Normark

Normark Registered

Thanks Bill
    The F1 mod i drive has indicator on the steeringwheel, which is yellow when you can activate DRS, but I was not shure if it was nessesary to activate it manual every time you enter the zone. It tourns green when you have activated it. (I have Googled that it is the same in real life F!, you have to activate the DRS each time you enter the Zone)

9. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Yea, and I believe the F1 drivers get a tone or beep when they can activate it.