Circuit D´Azur AI Crash

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bjay_23, Jan 17, 2020.

1. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

of course it's a shame that's why I have requested a refund, but Mark has saved the track, and he has contacted the devs, they are forced to update, but even with an update, I think Mark will do better job, so he can update the s397 update :).
    the (long) list of unfinished things and bugs is raising.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  2. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I’ve offered my AIW to S397, they are welcome to test and use it if they want to put out an update. I am going to continue to tweak what I sent to @AlexHeuskat to test.

3. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Rene now has the AIW, @AlexHeuskat has also sent back some really good feedback so I will tweak the paths more tonight and send Rene a new file.

4. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Hi, can I help testing modified AIW? I am using this track with F1 2013, and it mostly works, biggest issue is in chicane after the tunnel. But I am curious to try improved AIW. Cheers!

5. Travis

Travis Registered

It's genuinely awesome that @t0p5ecret is fixing the AIW but shouldn't this be a job for S397? We paid S397 for the track after all and S397 shipped paid for content with AIW that doesn't work.

I wonder what fixes would have been pushed out and the timeframe for the fix if the community didn't spend the time to make and send AIW files to S397. Was nothing learnt from the e-sports debacle?

Any other dev would be crucified for the lack of attention to detail and lack of fixes after errors are uncovered by those who paid for the content. As someone who has bought every paid DLC released to date, I'm reconsidering my blind faith in buying rF2 DLC on release.

I'm really disappointed to type a message on the forum complaining however I've reached the end of my patience with waiting for fixes for both new and longstanding problems. I feel history is repeating itself with S397 at the helm.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  6. pennywiseguy

pennywiseguy Registered

Yep, issues like this mean I have lost faith in S397 for the last time. AMS2 will probably be the final nail for a lot of other people. Such a shame. This AIW issue sums up all that is wrong. Release new content that is broken, rather than fix existing issues. Too much wool has been pulled over too many eyes.

7. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Top5ecret is a genius. I have offered him a simple coffee for the new AIW. I suggest for all owners to offer him minimum a coffee too.
    S397 needs a punition but To5ecret needs a reward.

About the s397 support, it's a shame....2 months after the release the AiW is not fixed.

R.Noctua and atomed like this.
  8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

They said that about PC2 and ACC...

R.Noctua and The Iron Wolf like this.
  9. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I wasn't going to say anything here but I will, but first I want to thank everyone for their kind words regarding my AIW work.
    I'm not a shill, I don't work for S397, I'm just someone that enjoys seeing other people having fun offline races just to be clear. In all of my dealings with Marcel, Michael and René they have always been helpful, friendly, courteous and open to talking to me about AI no matter how busy they are and they are busy. These people are just as passionate about this sim and simracing as we are, they want this to succeed, they are chasing performance issues, they are working on bugs and things are scheduled, and they need to attack them in order. Their communication is getting better, and I can see this, I only returned to the scene a little over 12 months ago now and I can clearly see this. I don't really know what I am trying to say other than I can see that things are getting better, I can see from talking to René that they are working their arses off and I can see that they are open to people like me communicating with them about AI and AIW and this in itself displays a huge amount of humility, something that is sorely lacking in a lot of companies today. I personally feel positive about the future of this sim I guess is what I am saying... * ducks :)

10. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Mark's got a decent sim racing channel too. ;)

t0p5ecret and McKiernan like this.
  11. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Do you tweak those by hand like "curves" or do you need to drive the line yourself? Just interested how its made.

12. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I basically lap away until I feel happy with a specific path, then I test with a selection of classes and cars, then I go back and manually adjust curves, braking points, acceleration and corridors, then repeat and repeat :)

pkelly and Alex72 like this.
  13. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Ah cool. :) Thanks man. I have to look it up so i can have a go too. I tested that fairly newish mod track that came with the celica GTO. Cant remember the track but its at the docks with walls all around, and one chicane ALL cars except the GTO(!) smash the wall at the start. :D I mean, how is it even possible only 1 single car can do the chicane and no one else, lol?

14. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I fixed that one, it’s under the track AIW thread. Mate if you go to my channel I have a series of tutorials on how to get setup and start creating AIWs.

Alex72 likes this.
  15. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Oh sweetness! I admit i havent tested it in quite a while. Man what a hero you are! :) I sure will check it out. Thanks bro!

16. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

we all recognize you are awesome, but sorry, can't say the same about s397.

17. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Unfortunately AMD and their shitty drivers have stopped me creating more content, I can't record and race at the same time on my 5700xt, totally useless, stuttery, and unreliable :(

18. Emery

Emery Registered

For what it's worth, maybe what Bob Gnarly at Race Department wrote will help:
    "For the record i'm running fairly trouble free on the WHQL driver from Oct '19. I have tried three of the 2020 edition drivers, two of them blackscreened mid install and bezel adjustment, usually found under Radeon Additional Settings, hasn't been available. Each time I have used DDU and gone back to Oct '19."

19. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Cheers mate, apparently the driver that was released overnight fixes a huge amount of issues so I’m going to DDU and clean install that one and give it a go, if not I’ll try the Oct release as well.

Emery likes this.
  20. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Need update for the Corvette GT3, it can't take the hairpin or go outside the garage...the wheel range (lock) is too small, we need to increase to 16-18 ... (actualy max is 410-12)
    20200224191837_1.jpg

but for all others GT3 the max is 524-17

20200301175140_1.jpg

We need the same for the Corvette GT3.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    Manfredk2 likes this.