Graphical Offset Not Working

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by DelayedMeteor43, Feb 21, 2020.

1. DelayedMeteor43

DelayedMeteor43 Registered

I'm converting a mod and I need to lower the body of the car, but whenever I type in any numerical value on the y-axis of the Graphical Offset Parameter nothing appears to be happening. If someone could help me as to why it's not working that would be great?

2. Brent

Brent Registered

Are you viewing the vehicle in the showroom or on a track? I believe that offset only works for one, perhaps on track from what I remember when I experimented with it. Does the body need to be lowered in the showroom?... because I believe that requires translating gmt models and so far I've ignored issues in the showroom if the vehicle is loading fine on track. I hope someone can help, as I have a lot of questions on this too. As an engineer who's worked in automotive chassis and suspension design I'm baffled as to the lack of information and rules to follow for setting up the vehicle models properly in RF2.

PatientRF2fan likes this.
  3. DelayedMeteor43

On track, even when I mess around with different values nothing happens. I've tweaked this parameter several times before with previous conversions and it worked just fine. I tried messing with the ride height specials and settings in the hdv, but it just makes the car look goofy.

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Are you aware that it goes X, Z, Y, in rfactor2? Other than that, I don't know why it wouldn't show.

Brent likes this.
  5. DelayedMeteor43

It worked!! Thanks for your help. These forums are a great resource.

6. Brent

Brent Registered

Oh yeah, that has tripped me up before. :(