[REL] Next Gen Mod Team - BTCC NGTC Touring

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by WSVR, Sep 25, 2014.

1. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

plz see the zip above~ thanks for helping in advance~
    And my friend create a subaru also have this problem, if needed, I'll ask him to upload his one. Seems we just create custom windowin or window and who else didn't change it still right. we use template found in this thread

2. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

another strange thing happen, I drove other cars these days and tonight our server rains, and wiper shows another shape of effect....... very strange..... 20191125235914_1.jpg

3. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

I'm curious, any news here?

4. WSVR

WSVR Registered

No. All will be explained shortly. Good things come to those who wait :cool:

FuNK!, GPNeville, bears and 9 others like this.
  5. WSVR

WSVR Registered

BTCC NGMT, 2020 Update
    [​IMG]
    So, what's new to update you all? Well, firstly, accept our apologies in being so quiet. It's fair to say we have had a fair bit going on behind the scenes. But the project has not been forgotten, and arguably has been refocused for the release to the community.

Firstly, a physics update. We've been racking up the miles, experimenting with new physics and different approaches. This has been a trying few months in what seems like a vicious cycle of going around and around. But we're heading into the final stages of fine-tuning. We've spoken publicly about the issues surrounding the 0.95 tyres and have developed a new tyre, improving the tyre life but also how they work in terms of temperature and construction. We're a lot happier now, with the tyres needing a couple laps to really build up the ideal temperature and also pressure. But most importantly, the wear rate has dropped significantly making them last considerably better for a proper race distance. As usual, all three slick compounds reflect real life BTCC (soft, medium and hard).

But the tyres have not been the only focus. We've also been working on the aero, suspension and chassis side of the physics. The current 0.95 has a bit too much aero, especially towards the rear, meaning it became rather easy to run the lowest rear wing setting and have a really stable car. From research, information and data, this isn't realistic to real BTCC and we wanted to update the cars to have less downforce, in general, but also a rear that didn't stick like glue. With a new rear wing ranging, giving drivers 8 stages of angles to select, this should open up setups, meaning high speed tracks, such as Thruxton, can run lower wings or higher to suit the driving styles of each driver. We've also worked on how the downforce and aerodynamics work, as with our previous teaser-videos it let go a bit too easy. It's now more predictable, but can still have a dancing rear - if anyone's watched AJ's onboards of his Civic and Ford days, this is what you can expect with minimal rear wing.

But the physics has not been our sole focus. We're also looking to implement the new IBL Shaders that s397 have released. This means users can now create chrome, carbon fiber and whatever else you want. This stage is still somewhat behind, as we're testing and experimenting with the new shaders to ensure we are happier but also fully updated all the skins skins. Currently, we have a huge list of skins that all need region files and manually updating, one-by-one. We're looking at triple figure amounts of skins to do as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So, the important question lastly: when can you expect an update? No specific date or time will be given, but the plan is early 2020. Ideally, before the start of the 2020 BTCC season. But we know this may or may not be a bad target to go with.

This is just a small part of a bigger scale project we have for 2020. We've got many new, amazing projects and partnerships lined up, which we believe the gaming community are going to love. And we still have a range of modern BTCC cars to add. The team is operating in single figures, and every member has a professional job and/or families to feed and support. We really do this on our free and limited time, so we are sorry for the delays but we hope you can understand. We don't want to put out something half baked. We're aware of the current issues and we're addressing them to ensure the next release is better in every single way.

Your continued support is greatly appreciated, and we look forward to keeping you guys up to date as we get closer to the release!

6. 006

006 Registered

Great news. Thanks for your work.

7. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Really looking forward to it!

8. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Great news, keep up the good work.

PirroC and mixer61 like this.
  9. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi there and thank you for all your work, much appreciated :)

I have a little problem where all cars have the sound from the Clio cup. I have uninstalled and installed again but same issue. Any idea how i can fix this?

cheers

10. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Is this with the Clio from s397? Not sure why that's happening but can have a look.

11. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Yeah, all sounds were from the Clio from s397. If nobody else had this issue then sure its a problem from my side, just wish to know how I could I fix it, cheers

12. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

delete the clio and try again? So strange....

13. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Could it be because my pc died, got a new one but kept the old games hard disk, then repaired steam? I will remove the old clio and see what happens....

14. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Yeah, so I removed the clio and all other clio mods and same clio engine sound.... :eek:

15. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

New PC but still the same HD used for the old one? Isnt there some issues with registry files and all that stuff? Maybe not im not 100% sure. Its a PITA to reinstall everything but...

16. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Would this info help?
    upload_2020-2-27_19-50-55.png

17. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

"Isnt there some issues with registry files"

...well all mods were there but yes, I had to re-install everything from scratch

PS: I have also uninstalled and installed this mod again but same. Still gave it a go and was quite fun with AI :)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    Alex72 likes this.
  18. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

try totally delete rf2 and reinstall it again
    omg./....

19. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I'm not a member of the team, but when the team changed games from NGTC (I can't remember off hand) to the WSVR, they stated that they are only doing/working on/Supporting their scratch build models. The PetraGTC ones were conversions. I would say that those models are not supported.

WSVR and Mangoletsi like this.
  20. Corti

Corti Registered