Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1117 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 14, 2019.

1. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

I agree for the most part Will. And when it comes to shaders definitely(I'm trying to learn all this at the moment), but for paid content in a new UI we should not be seeing question marks. As stated in one of the links ADSTA posted, Marcel said they have an internal tool for icon creation that is not ready for prime time. I suggested they release it for public use as the UI really wasn't ready for primetime(considering modders either have to constantly swap, or stick with the old UI. I'm sticking with old UI, which means our groups mod probably will not have these icons until dev mode is enabled in the UI - other things are more important. But then again we not getting paid for our content, S397 and Reiza are)

Adam Helyes and Rui Santos like this.
  2. HardWin

HardWin Registered

‘you shouldn’t have opted in for a beta’. Please keep it decent. Off course I’d like to see advancements in my favourite sim. This is not my point. My point is that it’s reasonable to expect that official paid content is supported in v1.0 of the new UI.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's a beta. I'm not suggesting you don't use it, I'm saying there are going to be problems and issues. That's what betas are. V1.0 will be post beta.

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

That's true, but then UI is still beta could go under deep changes and also while they are being paid they also have bills that escalates way faster than whatever free mod is being made ;)
    There is also the fact that Reiza is busy with AMS2 which is their primary product, they dont have a team dedicated to the secondary rF2 pack. For S397 there is no excuse tho

5. HardWin

HardWin Registered

Which is why I mentioned some on this thread. Because it’a a beta.

6. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Travis, Martin Vindis, Magus and 15 others like this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I am heartened by the faster turn-around, if you keep this up, I think more positive forum topics will occur. Thank you. In the list of known issues, was one about the config tool. I want to re-inforce what our known issue about the tool is: The config tool, in either the old or new UI, does not save permanently your video choices. We have to routinely check the tool to verify it is correctly using the video card of our choice and not the AUTO or default options.. One of many items, I know, just putting some focus on that.
    Thanks for the updates, remind Rudy he's only RUDY cuz he beat me in the Shadow comp...well, he and a couple thousand others all between he and I...but... :)

8. Erhan Jajovski

Erhan Jajovski Registered

I am very happy with how the BMW handles now, pleasure to drive it.

Props for pushing an update, keep up the great work!

Risto Kappet likes this.
  9. LokiD

LokiD Registered

nice keep it up :)

10. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

M2 is much better. Just went from a bouncy beemer 1:08.4 to a smoother 1:06.8. :cool:

There is one thing I picked up on.
    They are all still listed as CS in options but in game they are correctly labelled.
    cs_cup.jpg
    Now to sort my skin out. :rolleyes:

11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Good Patch! Good news! Keep it up! <3 :)

12. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

Old Porsche Cup setups not "valid" after the update, VehicleClassSetting changed to unknown but got upgrade class instead.

upload_2020-2-18_0-26-20.png

Expected behavior?

13. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

^ This.
    Everytime I enter rF2 I need to check. It normally occurs after updates (either rF2 or Windows, or other???).
    More of an annoyance than a critical issue, I know, but an issue never-the-less...

sherpa25 likes this.
  14. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Great stuff everyone! Really looking forward to trying the M2 tonight, and wondering if the physics updates will have sorted out some of the odd behaviour I was seeing when working on AIWs, the M2 would behave very very differently to the other DLC cars. Great to see Rudy come on board I hope it helps push rFactor 2 physics and feel even further ahead!

memoNo1 likes this.
  15. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Amazing news!
    Thx S397!
    Great work. I love that Sim & your work!
    Thx Thx Thx:cool::D:p

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

When i change the ingame screen resolution to 1600x1200 it will not be saved and automaticly reset to 1600x900, known bug?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Gasper Zupan likes this.
  17. McFlex

McFlex Registered

So what are the changes regarding the none UI beta? Do admins have to update their servers?

Adam Helyes likes this.
  18. JaNaoJanto

JaNaoJanto Registered

Not in the future things a multiplayer with organized races like in other sims. Only by getting on an racing league. Congrats for still doing Nothing about that!

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There's a competition system that hasn't been added yet. This has been said multiple times.

20. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

He's just a newbie trying to tackle on first attempt for red card... :D

bwana likes this.