[WIP] rFactor Import/Export Scripts for Blender

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Traveller, Jun 17, 2015.

1. jpr

jpr Registered

hello a good news and a bad news
    the good one: well i don't know why but now yes it works on blender 2.79 no more bad magic number:)
    the bad one: i install it to import gt legend .gtm files and it does'nt work ( gmt apperas to be corrupt or encrypted):confused:

2. dxp_rlong

dxp_rlong Registered

As the title of this thread indicates, these scripts are for rFactor. While there is some common core between the GT Legends & rFactor, there are enough differences in file formats such that GT Legend files are not recognized by these Blender scripts.

3. SmashingPants67

SmashingPants67 Registered

Does it have deformable tire plugin? In DX11 era, which shader (in the plugin) should I use for tires? @Traveller

4. Traveller

Traveller Member

There is no deformable tire plugin. I have a file from years ago where I started modeling a tire for rF2. It is using #271, Bump20, "L2BUMPSPECMAPTOLERPALLVERTEXALPHA". I probably found that in a web page on the new tire system-- whether ISI or S397, I cannot remember. Anyway, with the advent of the S397 material system, what is used in a GMT will not matter anymore as the material can be over ridden by the external material system.

5. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Quick question. I'm still very new to using blender. Is there a tutorial out there for creating a baked shadow layer for a template? Both creating and then exporting it.

6. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

7. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I think I'm on the right track with that, but all i get is a full black texture.

8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Doesn't seem like quite right place to discuss it.

Anyway...

it can be quite tricky to get AO to bake, there are plenty of variables. AO baking is essentially rendering, and you have to set up scene properly - for example to have lights in the scene, objects set as active for rendering and so on and so on...

9. Tyrone Frith

Tyrone Frith Registered

I was wondering when will the plugin will be updated for the latest version of blender v2.8

10. Thaichang

Thaichang Registered

I'm not pretty sure, but I think heard mr. Christopher Elliot say in his last interview that they'r working on tools for modders includding support for blender users! Now blender is going to update to v3.0. I don't know If it's delaying the publication of these tools.

11. evi

evi Registered

Blender 2.83 was just released, so v3.0 is a long way ahead. On the other hand 2.83 is first LTS (long term support) release, so any plugin is ensured longer validity. And, with Blender, nothing keeps us from staying on this version forever if needed. :)

IMHO, if this plugin is a reality, I would just keep it open-source - much faster bug fixes and much more (free) contributors.

12. RusRob

RusRob Registered

I am not sure if this thread is still being supported but I ran across this a few weeks ago and have been trying to get it to work but no luck so far.
    I have a number of mods I did for rF1 and am thinking of getting them into rF2. A number of years ago I dumped Windows for Linux and am currently running:

Linux Mint Cinnamon 19.2. Cinnamon ver 4.2.4
    Linux Kernel 4.15.0-117-generic
    Graphics Card NVIDIA Geforce GTX 950

I have multiple versions of Blender (2.90- 2.81- 2.80- 2.79b- 2.74)

I first installed the rFio plugin under 2.79b and recieved the below error:

I have tried switching Blender version to 2.74 but the same error pops up.

If I try to import a .scn or .gen file, nothing happens (no error msg or no object imported.

I only get the below msg if I try to import a single gmt otherwise... nothing.

I have tried changing the folder structure multiple ways including putting all files in one directory as well as recreating the rFactor folder structure but... No Joy... :(

I am wondering if anyone can help on this. I have seen this same error that people have had here but there doesn't seem to be a clear answer on this.

Thanks in advanced
    Bob

Attached Files:

13. evi

evi Registered

If you read the error message, it clearly shows that some directory is missing...

14. RusRob

RusRob Registered

Yes that is correct. It says it can't find the file or folder that I directed the rFio file selector to. It seems it should already know that search path.

OK, I just put the search path in prior to importing and it seems to stop that error but now I just get kicked into Blender with nothing imported to the scene. The same as when trying to open a GEN or SCN file.

Ill keep trying. ;)

Bob

15. evi

evi Registered

I'm guessing here, but maybe it is worth to try and launch Blender from command line. Maybe there is some output from plugin or Blender itself that gets "eaten" by GUI and would show in terminal, and would give us a hint.

16. RusRob

RusRob Registered

OK, I launched Blender from the terminal but got the same results (below).

I don't have any extra plugins installed in blender other than the rFio plugin.

I decided to use ISI's sample car to import just in case there was something wrong with the GMT's I created, but they do work in game.

In the output screenshot you can see "COPYNAME in Menu: NONE" 4 times. The first was when I when I launched Blender. The next 3 are when I set the paths (I wanted to cover my bases for the search path).
    The "TOTAL TIME: 0.000208" is when I tried to import the GMT. But nothing was imported.

Still trying...

Thanks,
    Bob

Attached Files:

17. Mac117

Mac117 Registered

Quick question, does v0.79 work in Blender 2.8x?

18. Traveller

Traveller Member

19. Mac117

Mac117 Registered

Thanks @Traveller. Any format you recommend as "bridge" then? FBX, DAE...?

20. Traveller

Traveller Member

No, I don't. I used to go between programs, but something was always lost in the transition. So I stopped. That was.... ten years ago. Wow. I started working on what would become these scripts then. It was a different approach then.