[REL] F1 1979 HISTORIC EDITION 2.02 BY POSTIPATE

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Pauli Partanen, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

[​IMG]

2. xJohnnyx

xJohnnyx Registered

Hi everyone, I'm new in the forum...
    I would like to know if you can download this beautiful mod any other way or any other site that is not steam...because having rfactor 2 version lite, I just can not download this mod from steam.
    Thanks to anyone who can help me

3. Jaromir Bergmann

Jaromir Bergmann Registered

my fav mod/car to drive against right now, I like the glitch/bug/feature that gives lotus cars a pitch black shadow under the car (when lotus AI bot is loaded to the track after a brabham AI bot and no other 1979 v0.97 cars are installed), looks so much better than normal shadows, lets hope this is made default for all cars in v1.0

the outside engine sound is separate instalation, listed as F179 1.0 sound in rF2 launcher, played against silent AI bots for good month or so till I found out

possible to make AI bots somewhat faster for v1.0 pls?

possible to reskin the 1979 v0.97 lotus cars to a JPS livery ( = Mario+Ronnie+Jean-Pierre 1978) while retaining the lotus-team-black-shadow glitch/bug/feature somebody pls?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

-F1_GP_79_HE- server is online (24/7)

Fuel usage: Normal
    Tyre wear: Normal
    Damage: 50%
    Auto Clutch on
    Practice: 60 min.
    Qualify: 10 min.
    Race:10 laps.

Track: Silverstone GP (1975)

5. Jaromir Bergmann

ugly heat haze started to appear at all F1 1979 cars with new rF2 DX11 built. how do I disable this heat haze effect pls? DX11, launcher video settings post effects none, DX11 config manually rewritten post effects 0, always changes to 1 even when I set it read-only, still got the blurry heat haze, AI bots are unwatchable, fix smbdy pls? thanks

6. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I found that on GP3 mod too...

7. Jaromir Bergmann

Heat Fx Fade Speed: 0 in your player.json solves it

Rujasu, GPNeville and Mauro like this.
  8. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Do you have picture of it?

9. Rujasu

Rujasu Registered

It's not a mod issue, it's a game issue, and they're aware of it.

10. Pauli Partanen

Thanks Rujasu... Sad to hear that something like this happens again with my mods

11. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

GRAB_002.JPG
    I captured this image a couple of weeks ago, not sure which mod, either '86 or GP3
    looked like parasols
    Heat FX Fade Speed :0
    fixed it

Corti likes this.
  12. Jaromir Bergmann

Heat Fx Fade Speed: 0 in your player.json solves it for f1 1979 v0.97 not for v0.43

13. benborp

benborp Registered

I've just reacquainted myself with this mod with an eye to taking part in a league that is running a championship with it.

Unfortunately, I'm disappointed to see that the last updates have fundamentally changed the nature of the cars since I last spent any time with them.
    I previously had great fun getting the Ligier to work at Spielberg, and got an insight into what many of the drivers of the time described as the Jekyll and Hyde nature of these cars. The performance boost of getting the ground effect to work while still being able to handle the car at lower speeds and driving the car with the commitment to keeping the throttle open was one of the biggest thrills I've had in rF2 - only passed by the first time I drove the BT55 at full boost.

One thing that irritates me with many other mods is that they include the option to adjust packers when the adjustment range means that they never have any effect on the car's handling - the suspension travel range always being smaller than the range that the packers would limit anyway. With other mods this is just an irritation - unfortunately it is now the case with these cars.

I've tested the Ligier, Ferrari, Brabham and Williams at Sao Paulo and the same result follows with all cars - with full fuel, full wings, softest springs, dampers and roll bars and lowest ride heights the suspension travel is never sufficient enough to reach the packers. The packers are completely redundant. They are also unnecessary from a conventional standpoint as the car never runs low enough to bottom out.

I understand that a decision was made to limit the dominance of the ground effect in the later versions of this mod, so there may not be the performance boost to unlock that there previously was. I understand that this may mean that the set-up ethos for these cars is now more conventional and no longer dominated by the need to maintain consistent ride height, rake and roll angles which is slightly frustrating. However it is more than slightly frustrating to find that the principle method for tuning these cars is no longer functional at all and that the mod that specifically reproduced the pinnacle of the ground effect era no longer has cars that run low or stiff or with limited suspension movement.

I think this is a shame after all the amazing work that went into bringing this mod to rF2 and also the success that was achieved at an earlier point with replicating the behaviour of these unique cars.

14. Pauli Partanen

Might be league own version as this has not been updated for 3 years. So not related to my work

While I'm talking I hope somebody updates it! I'm not going to work with this anymore.

Just PM if you want help with it

15. benborp

benborp Registered

I was looking at the 0.97 Steam workshop version (looking at the HDV files the suspensions are identical for the league version). After experimenting with some new update.ini files for individual marques I was able to bring the car floor down into the the critical ground effect region and get the suspension movement limited by the use of packers. Peak downforce generated was about the same as was possible with the 0.97 car, but it was much easier to avoid sudden downforce loss and then also possible to set-up the car with a more appropriate suspension set-up for the slow speed stuff.
    After just the minor suspension travel adjustments overall downforce didn't match the mad levels touted in the literature, but the handling was definitely more dominated by its d/f characteristics.

I'll send a PM.

Hazi likes this.
  16. SharD

SharD Registered

Liking this mod, only a few cars are missing. The Williams FW06 and the Renault RS01 come to mind. I'll add them myself, I suppose!

Great work otherwise.

17. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

This Mod is so fantastic! great work and thanks for sharing.

muzikant, Duncan and Mauro like this.
  18. MercDriver

MercDriver Registered

Are there plans to introduce adjustable boost to the Renault as was the case in the real cars in 1979? This would make race strategy much more realistic as currently the car runs at full boost 100% of the time.

19. MercDriver

MercDriver Registered

If there is anyone who would be willing to send me a message about the Renault Turbo and how to edit it so that it's adjustable that would be amazing!

20. trollray

trollray Registered

Hi all,
    a good news here.
    As i'm working on different graphical updates for different mods, i asked to @Postipate and @ChiefWiggum if they are interested by this mod with new shaders.
    The answer is that they don't really stay focus on this one for now and let me take the relay on this.
    As you maybe know already i'm focused on another era for now but i still want to release a new version of this mod soon.
    @Mauro have proposed to make the car icons and when done, we can release the update.

Cheers

lbird, pascom, Hazi and 11 others like this.