Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1117 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 14, 2019.

1. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Nice to see that the feedback is helping move the UI forward. Thanks S397 for listening.
    Yep, I second that sentiment. When you've selected a class of opponent in the list (left column), it should have some highlight so you know which classes have already been picked. The right column only shows drivers names so it can be hard to tell what classes you've chosen.

Oh, and I still get a flickering screen when joining a server and the opponent cars are loading (VR Oculus).

2. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

It's not working for me. After entering the game, he tries to updade and throws in the Windows. :confused:

3. Rujasu

Rujasu Registered

A bit more feedback on the single player settings screen.
    The scrollbar issue has been mentioned already, and I think the issue of there not being any highlighting on already selected classes.

Something that I've always wanted to see is a number that tells how many liveries you've selected as AI opponents. I like to have consistent grids using all the drivers the series has, and setting the correct opponent amount has always required manually counting the rows in the opponents list. In the old UI there were exactly nine cars visible in the list so it made it slightly faster at least.

Now, I have a suggestion regarding the SP setup screen. Here it is:
    20200209000830_1.jpg

And here's a simple mockup of what I'd like to see in it:
    Mockup.jpg

This would bring usability back to the old UI level, since everything is again in the same place, and you never have to go back to the main menu if you want to change things in the session you're configuring.

R.Noctua, Dady Cairo, Marisa and 3 others like this.
  4. Filip

Filip Registered

Haven't tried new build, is the cursor issue in search bar resolved?

5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

"Fixed the missing blinking cursor in text fields."

Changelogs

Filip likes this.
  6. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Missing in watch-camera-TV-replay the information for:
    gang-rpm-kph-gas-brake-clutch-
    sector-times-lap-G-force
    Just like it was in the old Ui!

7. Andrew171

Andrew171 Registered

Tell me how to make all cars participate in the first qualification? Only half of the participants leave.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Which set of cars & tracks? How is your Qualifying session configured? 3 laps? time? Usually some of the cars will wait a long time before exiting the garage areas. You can shorten that time by using the CTRLX key combo. If a car does not complete a lap before incurring damage, it will sit in the garage and not make another attempt(if you are using the 3 lap method, 1 outlap, 1 hotlap, 1 inlap. ) Those damaged cars will not show any time and might appear to be not attempting a qualifying run. You can look at the standings to see if they completed any portion of the outlap before they wrecked.

some 3rd party tracks may not have properly configured garages and the AI cars can sometimes find it difficult to exit such garages. If you look at a car from an external camera and it seems to be trying to turn or move and stalls, only to repeat the process repeatedly a short time later, then that is a track issue.

9. Andrew171

Andrew171 Registered

You can try it yourself. In the settings, put two qualifications and you will see that half of the cars are not taking part. Checked on all tracks, all the same half of the cars are not involved.

10. Jack

Jack Registered

v1117 only launches the original UI. I have verified files, and Steam is showing that RF2 is to launch in v1117 mode. The only beta UI that will load is the original. Any help to get it to work?

11. Peter Vink

Peter Vink Registered

12. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Whit this Build i have Freezes in Single and Multiplayer with VR. The Freezes are not often and for 1 second.

13. lagg

lagg Registered

14. HardWin

HardWin Registered

The new UI is an improvement. A few suggestions: would be very comfortable to add a 'restart session' button on the below screen: IMG_0894.JPG

Attached Files:

15. HardWin

HardWin Registered

Second: there are no thumbnails of the cars, making it hard to choose a specific livery: IMG_0893.JPG

16. HardWin

HardWin Registered

Third most annoying issue is irresponsiveness on the opening screen, this one should have priority:

17. elbo

elbo Registered

forth most annoying...all cars and tracks selection does not work...

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That will be up to the car creators, the various mods will have to have images provided. Some mods, like the Simtek GT3 has been abandoned and will probably never see the preview images unless somebody else provides them. S397 has created the images for their products, but not 3rd party cars.

19. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

restart.PNG

20. HardWin

HardWin Registered

Not true unfortunately. Doesn’t show thumbnails on the Reiza cars for example...