Released Updated Bathurst 1.02 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not sure what happened on my side. A fresh 1.02 starts a lap at the right place, but I thought when I pulled the files out of 1.0 it didn't (I was one of the lucky ones without a DX11 card who couldn't run 1.0 normally because of the dodgy texture).

The early cameras are still the same though, so can't see my own car from trackside between Griffins and the Cutting, just a lot of trees then a hill. Labelling the rest 'terrible' wouldn't be fair, but few of them resemble the real camera positions which I think would work better. The pit exit point also still doesn't match either the pit exit lights or the line before them... been catching out a few drivers I'm aware of.

*Ok, can see now what's going on. There are 2 sets of xobjects, I was obviously using the wrong ones when I pulled the files out, hence the finish line being in the wrong place. My bad on that one. Also I can see the pit exit is lined up with the lights, just doesn't feel that way in the car. I'd prefer a painted line but ah well (same for pit entry).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2015
  2. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Man its what happens in hard braking areas over time. Enjoy it!

3. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Sorry for the delay, I wanted to get some other people to double check it for me just to be sure. It is definitely in the right place, what I think you are probably seeing is the gmt from the gmts.mas. Remember the layout mas takes precedence over the gmts.mas as with the layout folder taking precedence over any other folder. You might want to set it up in moddev and open it with gJED, that will open up the correct gmt's.
    This is one thing that came up in testing and after a bit of research we found out that the reason for this is so that every car completes a lap before it enters the pits. A lot went in to getting this right, you will even notice the flag marshals there to wave the finish flag at the end of the race :).

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Another small request for a future update: More Start Lights please, thanks :)

5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I think this is the best place to talk about it.

I don't know Bathurst for real, but I tested the improved version of the ISI version, the "Bathurst 2016 V3.0" version.

Graphics :

There are extremely good.
    Without exaggerating, I consider them at the level of Sebring :
    Ultra detailed textures, DX11, very many 3D trees very well made, other very numerous and successful vegetations, many detailed objects, many sponsors, good performance.......

I have never had a crush on this track, even if I always recognized that it was a special track and with a very interesting layout.

Well there I must say that I had a huge crush, for this version specifically.

Thank you to everyone involved, I recommend !!!

atomed, Corti and bwana like this.
  6. bears

bears Registered

Would be great if someone talented could increase the grid capacity to say 50 or at least 40+ :)

7. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I think Nibiru is the man to thank for that version. (along with 3PA for the base version)

8. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

Yes, just look out for the low flying Chopper. :D

bwana, atomed and Obbzy_XR_ like this.
  9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That thing still scares the shit outta me when i see it :D

bwana, JimmyT, pkelly and 2 others like this.