How’s the new BMW M2 Clubsport 450hp version?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by avenger82, Dec 21, 2019.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

That sounds sad, to be honest.
    What are requirements for testers, btw.? Do you have to be an 1% alien, do you have to own specific equipment? Is it location-dependent? Ensuring, that people participate in testing is pretty crucial to get good results for the product after all, IMO...

2. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Er, ok, wow! That is fecked up! So this does happen then. However this is a much older and completely different car. With the BMW in the sim its like that though, I would have thought with such a modern and technically advanced car it would not have this issue. I have to say (even though i said earlier that I would'nt have bought it cause of this issue) I've now done a few race's in it and am glad I did buy it cause its been lotsa fun! However still if im at VIR (where theres lots of off camber corners and you use the kerbs alot), it can really be an issue when the BMW starts doing its boucy thing, ive lost it on a corner a few times from loosing grip when it does this. Now if this is how the real car acts then so be it, but it does seem like a big flaw to me still

3. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I wasn’t talking specifically about physics engine limits, but that something might be wrong with suspension model or whatever, because assuming you correctly put and translated “real detailed data” into a mod , but there’s something wrong with the behavior, then that’s logical conclusion .

4. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

do you really think BMW Motorsport would be doing showroom demonstrations if they had such a big problem?

5. CrimsonEminence

Uhmmm...yes, why not?

6. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

7. CrimsonEminence

:D

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

That GIF is very funny :)

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

For me "real detailed data" is a marketing term. There are of course absolutes that you can enter exactly and you know the effects (mass, inertia, CoG), then you have measurements and calculations that should give you correct behaviour, but ultimately you need to test against some actual performance figures. Any simulation is only approximately correct, and you'll need to gloss over some details or adjust some figures somewhere to get the right output.

When you said "might even mean something is wrong in rF2 physics engine" that's talking about the actual physics calculations, not a particular modelled suspension, at least the way it reads. That would imply all cars potentially have the same issue, and I don't think that's the case. This being a middle-of-the-road (excuse the pun) car, if it highlighted a problem with the physics engine we'd be seeing it everywhere.

10. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

You're probably right. An option on contrary, would be if the problem was introduced not that long ago, but was not noticeable in other cars, or was "swept under a rug" in some, by using some non real values. Let's say they couldn't do that with the BMW, because they got all data and there was no room for interpretation. But that's more like conspiracy theory, and I don't really think it's probable.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  11. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Hate to tell you guys this but its not just the BMW, was trying out the new Tatuus MSV F3 @ Teretonga last night, its got similar behavoir but harder to notice. Have a feeling it might all be Tire model related, hopefully fixable

12. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I'm a little bit late, but I use the old UI, how can I be sure that the AI use the same version ? with AI private skins I overtake easily the AI like if they had the 350hp version, but I have selected for me in "tuning" the 450hp version. How to make AI use the 450hp version.

the skins I use
    M2_1.jpg
    RB Black 2.jpg
    Oneplus_1.jpg
    BMW_M2_Galp_4.jpg
    1RB Blue 4.jpg
    RB White 3.jpg
    1RB Red 1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@AlexHeuskat when you're selecting the upgrades in the showroom, there should be a "Force Setup" option. That should give the AI the same upgrades, I believe.

14. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

In street Miata mod I have found that I need to create and select in game different AI from "opponent filters". However, I don't know if I did it all correctly... For example by default game chooses the tuned AI version, instead "normal" AI version... So I must have done something incorrectly.

15. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

thanks I will try, finally I prefer the 350hp version, the 450hp is like a boosted rocket ship, unatural.

But How to mix and to add both AI version (350hp +450hp) ?
    And for the BMW SIM M2 CS RACING CUP 2021, what version is it ?