Latest Roadmap Update - January 2020

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Marcel Offermans, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It always strikes me that the person writing these roadmaps sees the state of the game differently to how most users see it; I feel like 3 years of solid development (features, fixes) might get me to the point where the writer currently is. The tone always feels off.

Will Mazeo, ADSTA, jaco and 4 others like this.
  2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I know, thats why I found it funny to see an announcement some time ago.

3. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Traction control overide on certain GTE cars still not working properly! Try the Aston Martin GT3 at Matsusuka, wont work on start of race but does after a few 1oo yards! Not fun dpending an hour quilifying just to get blown out by the AI at the start cause they can overide it but you cant, have been on about this for a while now, only happens at certain tracks, wanna have fun with the Aston, ive fallen in love with it, but the TC is fecked! how many times do i have to say it! Small bug, please fix, I do keep buying your stuff so please listen!

4. lagg

lagg Registered

@Marcel Offermans Thank you very much for the Roadmap.
    There are very interesting things there (flexibility in the UI, broadcast and overlay...).

zaphman likes this.
  5. Dean Hayes

Dean Hayes Registered

Still think the force feedback on the Mercedes AMG GT3 needs fixing. Just isn't up to par compared to the rest of the GT3 cars. Using a Fanatec CSWv2.

6. Flipo

Flipo Registered

I hope you have not forgotten that the ParcFerme does not work with the New User Interface.

lagg and Emery like this.
  7. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Thanks for the update guys looking forward to trying the GT3s tonight.

8. Corey Rogers

Corey Rogers Registered

We need to get AI BoP as well. The AMG is crap with the AI. Many talk about the great AI driving experience in RF2 but it's boring when you can predict which car brands will be where on the time sheets. C7 and Aston always up front AMG always last.

Mike Tobin likes this.
  9. Russell lowe

Russell lowe Registered

Ai is the past, why waste time on it

10. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

That's not going to be well received by some members.

sherpa25 and Mike Tobin like this.
  11. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Registered

Because some people don't have the time or the training to race online in organized events or they want to drive car/track combinations, that currently aren't raced in any event.

12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

What?
    Are you aware that 70% of sim racers race only offline?
    I have been an online racer for many many years but in the last few years I don’t have much time to train and do practice so now I have only 2h a week to do an offline racing so for me AI is very important.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    Mike Tobin, Toro, Emery and 7 others like this.
  13. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

This sentence is more a provocative sentence than the expression of a reality.

McKiernan and memoNo1 like this.
  14. stonec

stonec Registered

Because AI is what you are currently racing against in rF2, 99% of time.

15. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

No words about a sound improvement.

16. gt911

gt911 Registered

And no, the two go together.
    For me I like the freedom to play at any time with the vehicles that I appreciate as opponents and to be able to adjust the number, the strength and the aggressiveness as it suits me, on the circuit that I chose at that time.
    In clear terms I play at 100% SP and to say (Ai is the past, why waste time there) is to despise the others who like me do not want, not the time or want a circuit and vehicles which is not found in this precise moment on the net but that we want to use right away. This is called FREEDOM to choose.
    Translated with Google Translate.

Mike Tobin and memoNo1 like this.
  17. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Even though I don't use AI (especially how it is now) , I understand it is very important to a lot of people.

DrivingFast likes this.
  18. Numrollen

Numrollen Registered

Ok most i got from this roadmap is some competition and broatcasts for some aliens. Yes GT BoP is nice but whats with GTE?

- could you offer from your hardcore test drivers a Default Setup for Quali and Racing?
    - several kinds of ingame tutorial (what will happen when you use this setting, your car understeer too much, ghost multiplayer modes)

mixer61 likes this.
  19. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think it is nice that the feedback from the first iteration of the UI got acknowledged and that there are fixes on the way. How much and how good the first set of fixes and tweaks is needs to be seen. The BoP update is nice aswell, but there are a few considerations for future roadmaps. Keep in mind that this is my own personal opinion from the perspective of an average Joe:

I understand that not every roadmap can be fireworks and explosions especialy if holidays are just over. And I am certainly not expecting new content and features with every roadmap and I don't think that this is even needed. But what I personaly expect is, that your average sim racing Joe get's some attention. Just imagine someone new gets into rF2 and you want to get him hooked. He is most likely a) not aware of the new beta UI and has most likely not opted into the beta and b) not using the DLC content and c) not interested in some competitons with some aliens who propably don't even care what they are racing - they propably just go for the money as their names appear in lot of those competitons no matter wich platform. So all the stuff that is mentioned in this roadmap affects only a portion of the community but not the rF2 user per se. It is nice that premium content get's treated special but this is only good up to a certain point.

What I personaly would like to read is, how the updates to older content are comming along. How is the new tech for tracks and it's implementation for older tracks such as Lime Rock, Silverstone, Nola, AMP or the nice bunch of historic tracks coming along? How is the PBR implementation for "older"/free cars coming along? You have such a nice set of cars and tracks, so don't waste the opportunity to offer the first time user a consistent great experience. Even people from the community managed to implement PBR materials to some of the content, so why this wasn't high on the priority list for the content side of things is really far beyond me. How is the competition infrastructure for the average Joe sim racer with scheduled daily races coming along, because this is the area where you can really offer an alternative to iRacing? It's nice that there are big events, but they are all big endurance events and alot of people propably don't have the time to commit to such events. What is to be expected in terms of AI fixes and FCY issues that were expected to be worked on when the UI appears?

Sorry for this wall of text, but I think it is important that you guys reach out to the average Joe. This is where alot of the current frustration seems to be comming from. Don't forget that your free content is selling your DLCs aswell if it gives a glimpse of what people can expect from premium content and competitions. :)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    lbird, John, Magus and 9 others like this.
  20. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Bang, nail on the head.
    The two biggest issues that are turning people away always seem to be,
    1: can't get on a server because they haven't got the content. That must be a kick in the nuts for the new person who just "had to" download 30? odd gig of content and most likely have no clue what content they now need.
    Then the lucky ones who get on a server find it full of AI. That's one server they'll never go back to because some server admin are $%&@#.
    2: The AI is rubbish (apparently) Even though I don't race against AI, just hearing them on, off, on, off, on, off the throttle makes me shake my head in disbelief.

pkelly, R.Noctua and felirrari like this.