AI don't react to damage.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by vernwozza, Jan 5, 2020.

1. vernwozza

vernwozza Registered

Hi guys,

I posted this on the discord but it didn't stir up any conversation but i'm keen to see if anyone else has this behaviour and or, is bothered by it.

AI don't seem to be affected by damage impacts. Unless their rear wing or front wing comes off then they pit (Their in lap is at full racing speed, but lets not worry about that for now).

I made an example video. It just seems a bit unfair to me that a knock could leave a human player essentially out of the race or at least with terrible handling while the AI just carry on as normal after a huge hit.

Example here:

2. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Agreed not very realistic, only way to make it more fair when racing AI is to switch on invulnerability, again not very realistic. It's the only way to be able to race the AI until S397 starts to sort out the AI.

vernwozza likes this.
  3. vernwozza

vernwozza Registered

Ah I was worried that might be the case. Well I guess that will go right to the bottom of their list of things to sort.

4. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Dont seem to loose any grip if they loose a rear wing either

5. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

V simple thing to sort out I think, after further experience the ai loose no grip or speed after loosing a wing, yet if I loose a wing, especially on a high downforce car I cannot take corners at speed anymore till I get it fixed in pits. Please fix this 397. As an offline racer mostly, I love the ai in this platform, so this is a big problem for me