Released The New UI is Here! (Instructions on How to Opt-in)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

That annoying "Loading your server" message is still there??
    No hotfix was released to remove that since UI release?

Ronnie and R.Noctua like this.
  2. dylbie

dylbie Registered

So it's been a whole month since the initial release... and I've got to say I'm a little disappointed with what's happened since the launch date, ie. nothing!

The 'Loading your server' is a real annoyance and surely something that could have been quickly fixed with an small update, bearing in mind it affects everyone.

I was expecting for the new UI to be identical to the old with regard to functionality, but in actual fact it has removed some things, and no updates yet to add them back in?

All the tracks have an incorrect distance. All cars have incorrect power values. No method or instruction for modders on how to change these values or if they even can be changed?

Icons are now a real ball ache to make for each skin - 5x extra for each. STILL no guide or tutorial on how to create them, or the size/format needed.

I was hoping there would have been a number of rolling updates on this by now to address the small issues. Are we going to get a UI update soon? Where is the competition system? Are all the other issues that were promised to be fixed after the new UI now on a back burner to be fixed after another 5 years?

3. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Bless you, you brave, optimistic lad. I envy you.

4. racedriver

racedriver Registered

That's why I moved back to the version without the new UI

5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

As S397 is slow to make these fixes, for example the "search for server", I hope that the update by the roadmap will solve "a lot" of problems, and not 2 or 3.

I did not express myself at about it, but it's true that this UI was a huge disappointment for me (for several reasons).

JonathanBenn and Ronnie like this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@DrivingFast roadmaps aren't updates, though we are due for the "monthly" UI update mentioned somewhere so they may be close in timing.

@dylbie The distances/powers are stuck at one value, nothing for modders to do.

I was away when the UI was released but haven't bothered trying it yet. I suspect I'll wait for the competition stuff to be integrated. I get that it's become a thing to complain endlessly about problems with games (was reading up yesterday on a few games currently on sale, boy have there been some issues but also some complaints from people who forget they're only games) but this thread already speaks for itself. People throwing in negative posts in thread after thread are just doing themselves a disservice.

7. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

This is what I meant (I am not good enough in English sometimes).

RKing and Emery like this.
  8. rafalgt

rafalgt Registered

Thanks it helped.

9. dkmiles

dkmiles Registered

in the new UI I can´t uninstall local content. The uninstall button is disabled (greyed out).
    Is it only me or is there a problem with the new UI?

10. RKing

RKing Registered

The UI is BETA. You can still use mod manager to install/uninstall

11. dkmiles

dkmiles Registered

@RKing Thanks, mod manager worked for me.

12. Depco

Depco Registered

At this point I believe we are simply better off using the old UI until they address some of the obvious and glaring omissions. As a base I think the new UI has potential, but it needs a lot of work to be even as useful as the old UI, let alone succeed it in function and usability. As a server admin I cant even put in an /admin command because that functionality is not working properly. So I choose to use the old UI until the next update is put out and I can try again.

Rui Santos, dylbie, R.Noctua and 2 others like this.
  13. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I am very disappointed with the direction the new UI is taking.

However, as an offline driver, I have no blocking bugs, and around 95% of the features necessary for my use are present.

So I use it because it makes me happy to use something new, but ...... I expected 3 times better, even in beta!

14. Binny

Binny Guest

Have not posted in a while but its a BETA if you dont like it now go back to the OLD 1. You have 2 choices.
    YOU CAN MAKE AN EXCUSE OR FIND A WAY.

McKiernan, djvicious and RKing like this.
  15. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Fantastic! I didn't know that! Thank You, Yoda!:p

16. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

'scuse while I interrupt the Romper Room here . . . is there a version number for the beta ?? or a "last time updated" bit of info any where ? or perhaps a text file denoting changes to the UI & when they were introduced ?? asking for a friend

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

v1.1117 is the most current 'old' version. the beta version for the new UI is only referred to as the 'Public Beta'. If you look in the News & Announcements forum, you can find the release threads about most versions. I think v1.1116 or v1.1115 was the last large update.

18. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

yea, I rolled back to the old UI, v1.1117, due to a hung install from the ModManager &, unbeknownst to me at the time, a substantial update from Steam. subsequently rF2 would not start (you know where it hung up, right ?).
    so here I am wondering where we are with the new UI. you know, just asking for a friend.

19. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Hello s397 @Christopher Elliott @Marcel Offermans

So what's the plan now for the ui?

Obviously we're looking at some fixes but is there's a plan of action so to speak or hotfixes due every few months etc

Cheers

20. Iosu Legarreta Bolunburu

Iosu Legarreta Bolunburu Registered

I like the appearance of the new UI. It looks great, but there are a lot of things that could improve it a lot.
    My humble suggestions:
    - Separate Multiplayer and Single Player modes.
    - Icons for all the cars
    - Please, add car info in Multiplayer mode (for me it´s confusing)
    - Add car info when track is loading
    - Some other minor fixes (wrong car and track info,...)

However, I think it´s a good start , so good job guys!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020