2020 HSO Gold Star

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by HSO_Frank, Jan 22, 2020.

1. HSO_Frank

HSO_Frank Registered

[​IMG]

Howdy simracers !

Now in its twelfth year of existence, Historic Simracing Organisation remains the only simracing league exclusively dedicated to the re-creation of real automobile races of the past. Real race, real rules, real field, real distance - these remain the four cardinal principles on which every HSO event is staged.

In 2020 however comes a big change for the league in the form of a switch to rFactor 2 as a main platform for the year. Although the deep roots of the leagues are planted in glorious GPL grounds, it is fair to say rFactor was the simulator that allowed the league to florish. It is thus with great excitation that we embark on this discovery of rFactor 2 and its fantastic immersive features.

Due to HSO's extreme rules regarding historical accuracy, there is still only a limited number of full championships we can do. But there is however a lot of stand alone races material out there, which means our yearly Gold Star series of Open Events will be held over a greater number of races than usual.

As always, our Gold Star series has an evolving schedule, with races added along the year depending on interest and the eventual release of new mods and tracks. At the time of this post, there are already seven races with a set date :

Jan 26 1954 Grand Prix de Spa (rF2, 1954 Endurance, Spa-Francorchamps, 12 laps)
    Feb 23 1967 Gran Premio d'Italia (rF2, F1 Legends Racing 2.0 Season 1967, Monza, 68 laps)
    Mar 29 1967 Le Mans Preliminary Testing (rF2, 1967 Endurance, Le Mans, 2 hours)
    Apr 12 1954 ADAC Eifel-Rennen (rF2, 1954 Endurance, Nordschleife, 5 laps)
    May 3 1960 Indianapolis 500 (rF2, 1960 Gasoline Alley, Indianapolis, 200 laps)
    Jun 7 1956 Grand Prix de Rouen (rF2, 1954 Endurance, Les Essarts, 50 laps)
    Jul 5 1972 Firecracker 400 (rF2, Stock Car Resurrection 1971-72, Daytona, 160 laps)

All the above races are run on Sunday nights, with the 1-hour qualifying session most typically starting at 8:00pm (CET). Shorter events to be announced later will be held on Wednesday nights, our other traditional racing day.

You are all welcome to join us on the forum if you wish to participate in our unique events. Registration is free and open to all, provided you use your real name both on the forum and in-game.

Cheers ;)

dylbie, Corti, mantasisg and 4 others like this.
  2. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I'm so happy to see things like this. Great to see my hobby time with the '54 and '67 cars put to use in such a format.
    The timezone (and ping) is no good for me to compete, but I'm happy to put in some laps in the practice sessions :)

HSO_Frank, jimagn and Mauro like this.
  3. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Great format. Thanks for hosting. I'm hoping to join when time permits.

HSO_Frank likes this.
  4. HSO_Frank

HSO_Frank Registered

Cheers woochoo ! Thanks to you and Mantas for this awesome mod <3 !

Looking forward to having you with us jimagn ;). Note that our full schedule for the first semester has been published, with notably events using the Touring Car Revival, Group C and 1969 Formula 5000 mods.

jimagn and philmahre like this.
  5. jimagn

jimagn Registered

... AND the 1960 Indy Roadsters.