loading screen template

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Felix Schendel, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Felix Schendel

Felix Schendel Registered

2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

3. Felix Schendel

Felix Schendel Registered

Thanks alot. To be honest I have been on this site but I have overlooked the link to the template.

4. Trev Rich

Trev Rich Registered

When the new UI takes over the loading screens are gone...

5. Brent

Brent Registered

That IMO is a shame. They should set aside at least a rectangle of space in all that loading screen to make it optional for people to get credit or even give proper credit for a mod. Say, if you create a 480x270 image and put it in with the track, it will load in the corner. Or at the very least let the modder include a text file that prints some words on the screen in a formatted way. Something

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  6. Trev Rich

Trev Rich Registered

Of course it's only beta, and anything can change.... but using the new UI there's a generated loading screen of the track from the aiw.....
    I know some scots out there are fuming about it.....

7. Don Fryman

Don Fryman Registered

They have said all along that the new UI is going to be moddable, what makes you think that somebody won't be able to make this happen?

8. Brent

Brent Registered

The current UI is moddable, it shouldn't need to be modded to show a loading screen. Now every modder has to create different loading screen template for potentially different modded UI loading screens. I get the AIW being used as the loading bar, I do like that. It's like they took the most mundane part of the loading screen made it really neat, then removed everything else that personalized the track to the modder. Why not define the animated track in a set area on a template? Then as a modder I can add logos for the track, show where the track is located, add a country flag, indicate circuit direction, pit location(s) garage location(s). Creating the line path of the track in the old template was a task, now that's essentially done with the AIW path. Also for league tracks, admins can include the league logo etc. Most importantly here, allow a place to give credit to the author(s) of the track.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    Juergen-BY likes this.
  9. tuki

tuki Registered