Released The New UI is Here! (Instructions on How to Opt-in)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

At best all you can have is something like in iRacing, information like "moderate grip", "Heavy grip" or "low usage track grip"

joaopitaes likes this.
  2. joaopitaes

joaopitaes Registered

We dont need an exact number anyways. its neither needed nor professional. A rough estimation is ok tho.Like green/medium/heavy, 2 or 3 more levels if you like but thats about it.

McFlex likes this.
  3. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

No, i want a float that is unique and comparable...
    Also the current level for each tire should be exposed in the telemetry but this is ot

4. Decked

Decked Registered

I’m liking the new UI. I need to have proper play and navigate to all the usual places to familiarise myself.

Any idea when it’ll be packaged as a formal release?

5. joaopitaes

joaopitaes Registered

For comparisson you have the RR file to compare the size vs another one of the same track as size varys with track size.

6. Depco

Depco Registered

Any chance the /admin commands will be working with the next update? Its annoying trying to admin a race w/o it.

Adam Helyes likes this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Not anytime soon. They have not even inserted all the current UI options. Someone on Discord wrote that a monthly update process is planned. So don't expect this to be locked in anytime around Spring...

Decked likes this.
  8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The way going forward is to not require to do anything from any user, as with the track loadings screens from my POV. As it stands now, the whole system that they have introduced with the new UI will backfire big time. Just imagine modders not doing those screens and new users ending up with all the question mark stuff. How is a new user supposed to know that he has to make the screens by himself/herself the first time he boots the game and sees the mess? It's just a big no-go.

But here comes the beauty of the new tech. If people don't like the simple loading screens or desire more fancy looking car selection screens, custom UI's might be an option for those people in the future as it was with rF1, even with the option to implement self made screens. To implement this possibility is up to 397.

bwana and Emery like this.
  9. Flipo

Flipo Registered

ParcFerme in the new UI does not work.

"MULTI ParcFerme":1,
    "MULTI FreeSettings":245,

When you pass from Qualy to Race, all parameters are locked.

Emery likes this.
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Surly it can't be that hard for the game to generate a image of each car and use that!

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think 'the game' should, yeah (since, presumably, it's about uniformity; so make it automated and everything should be hunky dory) - but that should be something that happens in devmode, as part of making the mod. The images are small in comparison to the overall mod, so should be included. If the game itself were to generate images for all new content it would slow some part of the process (loading, or selecting cars, or just general performance while it's doing it) and then would need to do it again any time you uninstalled and reinstalled, or if something screwed up and you had to reinstall your 200 car mods again.

Hopefully yet another item that becomes part of a modding guide and toolkit.

John and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  12. Brent

Brent Registered

A tool in devmode that generates the preview images automatically (and most important, consistent appearance) would be nice but the vehicle preview should be displayed with actual models and glorious shaders in realtime.

dylbie, ApexModding, Ernie and 2 others like this.
  13. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

I would find access to dev mode in the new UI more important, then modders may start to update things like the preview images. As a modder, I have spent approximately an hour in the new UI. Found out that dev mode was not available, checked a few things out and went back to original launcher. I will not be going back to the new UI at least until dev mode is restored. Because of that, preview images are not a priority to me, and I would be pretty sure I am not the only one. I am sure regular users would not like to hear that, but what do you expect. There is no documentation on what is required for these(as in image size, settings etc for consistency). I know you can look at a teams folder to find out, but these files are not even in the devmode vehicle files yet(which would not be difficult as they could update the devmode Skip with the current update files)

dylbie likes this.
  14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The problem with that is having to load the vehicle, which will make sluggishness worse. An image can be loaded very quickly.

15. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Do you remember the rfactor 1 spinner, where you could select your car?
    There it worked really well in my opinion. :)

Emery and Brent like this.
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I even remember the music :)

I read Brent's post wrong I think, as a preview of the currently selected car I think that is (and was) a better option. I thought he was referring to the images of multiple cars as you're still selecting, which is where it wouldn't work, but he hasn't suggested that. Such a live preview should be optional though, as bigger car files these days will cause some delays for some PCs. But that could easily be part of an overall UI details/effects option to help those with slower PCs. Or just impatient people :D

17. Brent

Brent Registered

Oh, I completely agree!

18. Brent

Brent Registered

Yeah, I'm talking about a vehicle listing and only a single vehicle in 3D preview. I was going to mention RF. I don't object to creating preview icon(s) for vehicles for the listing, just I have no desire to create more than 1 per car. Perhaps you have one preview icon image which is the non-selected car in the list, then when you select it, it loads the live data. And then you have the ability to select your alt skin etc to preview it.

If I want to add a manufacture icon allow me to reference that in the veh file and I can point to a single image for each manufacturer. If the manufacturer image is not referenced in the veh file, then it simply doesn't appear vs a ? placeholder (or it automatically references a completely transparent placeholder image).

dylbie likes this.
  19. rafalgt

rafalgt Registered

I have a problem. After starting rf2 the game has a white screen and nothing happens for a long time. as I click in her window it freezes and finishes the startup process.
    upload_2020-1-22_19-45-40.png

20. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Have you tried to rename the folder \Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData, before you start the game, then start the game, that a new userdata folder gets generated?
    Does that help?