AI Setup for single player

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by CrashMaster, Jan 18, 2020.

1. CrashMaster

CrashMaster Registered

With all the mods, modded tracks and modded cars, I wish there was a way in the new UI that a user could quickly give the AI a setup that they would all use.

I don't know how many tracks (mainly ovals) I have loaded that the default setup for the AI was gear/ down force limited, sometimes by as much as 10 sec a lap. I have yet to find a quick in game way of fixing the setups that the AI use for a track.

The other wish I have on this line is a quick button to hit so you can put the game AI in learning mode and improve how they behave on a modded track or with a modded setup. I have seen old guides but they involved changing files outside of the game to put it in that mode and with as many tracks and car combos that is not practical.

MarcG likes this.
  2. Tobias Pitzer

Tobias Pitzer Registered

It would be a good idea to let the AI run with the same setup as you do. An alternative would be the Track AIW`s where you can download data for many tracks or change the player.JSON.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/track-aiws.64102/

A learning AI would also not be the worst, similar to adaptive AI as you can set up in Raceroom.

3. Tobias Pitzer

Tobias Pitzer Registered

Here is an older video which I have found. Might be helpful too.

4. CrashMaster

CrashMaster Registered

Thank you for the suggestions, I will try some of them.

Just hope that some of the things like having to edit all these files outside the game could some how be put into the UI of the game.