Cars being changed to Ai control during driver swaps

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by D Nichols, Jan 11, 2020.

1. D Nichols

D Nichols Registered

During the VEC race today we had an issue when a driver was taking over from me. It actually happened to three cars all at once. Both of our teams cars and also another GTE team.

There was a message was along the lines "David Nichols has wrong configuration", it dropped the driver who was taking over from me out of the server and changed my status to David Nichols (AI) on the server. However I was able to carry on driving the car as normal. I wa the third driver it happened too. The driver taking over rejoined the server, but was unable to click on my name to "ride with".

The other two had it occur a few seconds ahead of me. All three cars where in the pits doing driver swaps at the same time. I have attached all of my trace files from today.

Attached Files:

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Being in VEC, you guys are far more knowledgeable than many users about online driver swaps. The config message makes me think either you or the next driver had the wrong options selected in the tuning screen. S397 found this was one of the issues that collapsed the first lm24hr event and put in code to protect the server from mis-matches.

3. D Nichols

D Nichols Registered

The options on the tuning menu are locked in VEC.

4. D Nichols

D Nichols Registered

This is just a suggestion, but is it worth considering a bot or similar to say if an issue issue has been logged or not?

Silence isn't golden; however communication 100% is.

Matheus Machado likes this.