Improve the graphical/visual damage system

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by DrivingFast, Jan 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Improving the graphical/visual damage system is certainly not a priority, but what is certain and what many people say is that it is not up to par.

As it is not a priority unlike for example the improvement of the physics engine or the realism of driving on wet road or the realistic clutch or the graphical performance, I think it would be good to improve the existing by making these visual effects more visible :

The visual effects of body deformation must IMO be much more visible and while maintaining this system, a maximum of body elements/wheels should be able to come off, because the effect can be impressive.

I presume that it would take a """limited""" time to make these improvements, for a real gain in immersion.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    datasting likes this.
  2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Just remember that the car manufacturers who S397 have got a licence with probably don't want their cars displayed with panels missing, bad damage, etc.

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

this is a myth

Ronnie likes this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It has happened before (Jaguar XJ220, for those long enough in the tooth) but I wouldn't assume it. rF2 has never enabled the vertex deformation rF1 had, as far as I remember, so that's probably the main reason.

5. stonec

stonec Registered

Yep, rF2 uses just materials/textures to simulate damage, so frankly I'm not sure how it could be improved much unless the system was rebuilt to vertex damage as in rF1, but IMO the rF1 damage never looked that impressive either. Detachable parts are already there, modders can define what part of the car detaches, at what impact and even dependencies where one part's detachment depends on another part.

6. Rastas

Rastas Registered

They should enable all the features at least in devmod....just my opinion.

Ronnie likes this.
  7. AMillward

AMillward Registered

It isn't. The F1 games have done this for years.

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

huh? which f1 games are you playing? their damage is better than rf2 (the cars are tanky tho) but just like this sim they dont have the vertex damage

9. AMillward

AMillward Registered

They don't have mega destruction damage and don't have tyre wall damage because of the licensing. The sponsors don't want their logos getting messed up.

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Doubt, but whatever, we wont get anywhere (and wont change anything either)

11. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I would definately like to see better damage, RF1 had better damage, dents, bits coming off, punctures and so on, also the way it affects A.I. If they loose a wing they carry on driving as normal till they pit but if you loose a wing you're limping back to the pits all the way, not fair on a long track. I racing has come on leaps and bounds in this department with visual and physical. Deformable tire walls would be cool to! GTR 2 had great damage aswell

R.Noctua and datasting like this.