I'm in a modding slump

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Chris Lesperance, Jan 5, 2020.

?

Painting Ideas

1. Corvette C7.R Project (2017 LM and IMSA, 2018 Shanghai. All other skins available)

22.9%
  2. 2019 or 2020 USF2000 (S397)

25.7%
  3. 2019 or 2020 Indy Pro 2000 (S397)

14.3%
  4. 2020 Indy Lights (URD Formula Lights mod updated by me)

11.4%
  5. 2018 Pirelli World Challenge (S397/Missing some models)

25.7%
  6. 2019 or 2020 IMSA Michelin Pilot TCR Class (Tommy78)

17.1%
  7. Continue Freelancing (Random skins)

25.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I've been a bit in a modding slump lately. I get some ideas but don't have a direction to go in. I'm hoping to get some motivation on a direction to lean into next. I'm most comfortable painting, but I might throw a few other random jobs in there.

With me being based in the US, close to Road America, I can usually get great reference pictures when the series come there. IMSA, Indycar, and World Challenge Americas. With that reference material, that makes painting a lot easier, quicker, and more accurate. But I am open to just about everything.

I can't do everything I listed. And I can't guarantee that I can complete what ever is voted most as time is a factor. What is it that people are interested in? What would you like to see?

The Iron Wolf and Pauli Partanen like this.
  2. Dae Bennett

Dae Bennett Registered

One of my favorite mods are the T-70 cars. I've always longed for a full field of Can Am cars in this era and wondered if they could be based on the T-70 mod. I was gifted this great book or the holidays which seems like a great resource for pictures. 20200110_095221.jpg 20200110_095455.jpg

3. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I agree. That has been another one of those things that have been on my back logged, to do list. There is the McLaren M1B, that was originally in SimRaceWay, that was then converted to rF1, GTR2, AC, etc. I've collected the skins from each of those, so I think it has all the '66 Can Am skins.

The Forza Chaparral 2E, also from the '66 CanAm season, has found a conversion to AC as well. I think the only other cars was a single GT40 and a Webster special. I'm really surprised that an accurate GT40 hasn't been made/converted.

Not trying promote converting illegal mods. I have converted a car or two for personal use, but they are not a quality conversion to what else is out there. But I would like to see that McLaren and Chaparral make it over at some point. Just wish it was some one better than me that would do it LOL!

I do have a couple painting projects going on right now. So that is good :)

davehenrie likes this.
  4. racedriver

racedriver Registered

I would love to see a CanAm Mod being developed for rF2.

A couple of days ago, I installed GPL 2020 Demo, just to drive the CanAm Cars of 1966 and 1971.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think I tried that demo back in 2018, just for the Mclaren. Man had my GPL skills deteriorated(not that they could be considered SKILLS). Couldn't keep it pointed in the proper direction. Can Am would make the perfect base for a Micro Purchase type game. Want the 8 Litre Chevy? Pay up. Want the fatter Firestone tire? Pay up. Want to graduate from the 66 Lola to the Mclaren M8a? Pay a little up. You bought the Lola 260, now do you want the giant front wing to make it handle? yup...pay up... The Porsche Panzerwagon could be....PAY UP A_LOT!
    You could build a career mode just to fund all the micro purchases.