[REL] 1967 Endurance (Proto/Sports/GT) - modded Howston G4

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by woochoo, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Mauro

Mauro Registered

some tables useful offline and for online leagues too

1967_Endurance_mod_2.0_docs:
    Link
    (.pdf and libreoffice.ods format)

Cars Table:
    [​IMG]

Car roster:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    Legend, philmahre, Corti and 15 others like this.
  2. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I just had a good race in the Lillid 7ST/Lola T70 at Brianza 10K but the car was overheating from the second lap and there seemed to be nothing I could do about it - the radiator opening is fixed and the highest final drive already selected (the engine was still not on the rev limiter down the straights). The engine survived OK even though it was pouring smoke all the time - I had to be brutal and sit stationary on full throttle for several minutes before the temperature finally reached 100C and the engine went pop.

woochoo likes this.
  3. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Thanks, we'll have to check that out

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yes, I suppose it would be good to get more options for cooling in expense of drag. Also not to have to make the engine suffer for that long to let it go to engines heaven.

I have not used Brianza so much, but I suppose no other track stresses engines that much.

p.s. I really dislike how rF2 smoke puffs are, they usually annoy more than the fact that Engine is getting damage.

Seven Smiles, jimagn and woochoo like this.
  5. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Le Mans Classic style. Don't forget that 2020 is a Le Mans Classic year :)
    2020-01-06_11h06_44.jpg

2020-01-06_11h08_13.jpg 2020-01-06_11h10_43.jpg 2020-01-06_11h11_46.jpg 2020-01-06_11h13_27.jpg 2020-01-06_11h14_51.jpg
    2020-01-06_11h16_46.jpg 2020-01-06_11h17_24.jpg 2020-01-06_11h18_25.jpg 2020-01-06_11h19_18.jpg

Legend, philmahre, Corti and 10 others like this.
  6. woochoo

woochoo Registered

7. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

2020: The year of perfect vision...and anyone with perfect vision can see how good this is.....:);)

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Just ran some laps at the 3rd party DLC tracks of 66 Mexico and Trembling Mtn.(Ste Jovite) Ah what fun! That big V8 winding out with the shorter final gear, the wing working in shorter and shorter spaces as I got more accustomed to the tracks....The wheel constantly sawing back and forth. Brought back memories from my childhood AND from GPL. (like two scoops of Ice Cream!)

9. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Mantasisg is not going to blow his own horn much; so I'm going to give a toot. I was fortunate to be able to do a little testing as this mod was being developed, and I can tell you the quote above is just one little example of the incredible detail that obsessed these two developers. Every single type of vehicle was researched as extensively as possible to try and replicate their on track behavior. Besides this one example of tires, think about ground clearance. How high were they off the ground? Their research revealed that the Le Mans scrutineers had the cars drive over wood of the specified height. And as shown in the movie "Ford vs Ferrari". the teams figured out how to use small wooden wedges in the springs to hold the cars up to pass scrutineering. These wedges would fall out on the first good bump on the track to bring the cars down to the height that the teams wanted for the best performance. That's just ride height. Did you also notice the steering wheels yet?

Enjoy!

BTW thank you Mauro for all the work in putting together the car lists. Great work.

10. LaZanzaraRombante

LaZanzaraRombante Registered

I want to thank the author of this fantastic work done and who like me has seen these cars up close and was like going back to the years of my youth, said this I make a small note, the mod after today’s update has improved a lot, only flaws the possibility to manually change gear ratios by setting gears according to circuit and driving style customizing the feeling of driving between a driver and another.

woochoo likes this.
  11. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Glad you're enjoying it, and bringing back the memories :)
    Back when I was starting this mod and the '54 mod I only included gear ratios that I could find. Some cars had a few sets, but others only had one. I think Mantas has added a couple more from his research.
    It might be my ignorance, but it didn't seem like individual gears were changed at the track. Perhaps they were, but I chose to only use ratios I could find. If you or anyone else has good info on this I expect we'd be able to add to make some additions :)

12. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

There was some tweaks for drivetrains. Could be done more sometime in the future. In general drivetrains and engines didn't get as much attention as most other stuff, although I did spend effort there as well. Whenever I would continue, the most of focus would go for engines, drivetrains and further customization of chassis with ptool, also more unique wheels, since all cars basically share same wheels now.

Engines, drivetrains and wheel sizes are of course very related, so it makes sense to go on that together. Also it is interesting how the differences of unsprung mass will change the handling, also tire contact patch shapes will change, it should result in different feel and maybe different grip too (even with same construction and compound).

Different wheel sizes also means changes of geometry. I am very interested in geometry. Learned quite a bit about it lately, still lots to learn. But it feels good to gain more and more control over it and to understand better how it works essentially. Looking at pictures and schemes of real suspension with whole different vision feels rewarding. For example P4 felt not clean enough, it had some bumpsteer, and it should be compliant car if true to period, so bumpsteer is not good at all. For a while I was afraid of tackling bumpsteer, but it turns out to be very simple theoretically, it is definitely more simple than adjusting instantaneous roll centers while inevitably at the same time messing with camber change per travel and more... also easier than controlling anti squat and anti dive, which still feels not clear enough for me. So I learned some stuff rather quickly, then went to see some pictures of 330P4 undressed, and it indeed front and rear steer/toe links seems to match minimum bumpsteer requirements. Thats nothing, but it feels great to solve every piece of the puzzle, and then it is also rewarding to gain better experience on the road.

jimagn, dylbie, Emery and 2 others like this.
  13. Mauro

Mauro Registered

jimagn and woochoo like this.
  14. Jamilton

Jamilton Registered

Haven't done an awful lot of testing, but the Favero v33-2 overheated on my second lap down the Mulsanne. Lift and coast, and staying off full throttle helps, but a little extra cooling or radiator options could be nice.Great job with the mod, it's incredibly enjoyable!

woochoo likes this.
  15. Emery

Emery Registered

Slight drift off topic, but I ran across another car with a moveable wing: Sunbeam Silver Bullet, a British land speed record car of 1929-1930. Technically not a wing since there is not designed for downforce, only used as a brake. First wing used for downforce still remains Michael Mays Porsche 550, from 1957, but it was not moveable. A fixed wing for downforce was next used by Jim Cushman on his dirt track sprint car in 1958, quickly spreading through the sprint car leagues. Short track stock cars also used fixed wings in the early '60s in California.

[​IMG]

jimagn and woochoo like this.
  16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Jim Hall's Chaparrals began using moveable wings I think with the 2c. It was more conventional than the 2d this mod has. The small rear wing on the body moved. The 2c also had dive planes that most cars back then lacked.
    [​IMG]

jimagn and Emery like this.
  17. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Love your post, mantasisg. It gives others a little more idea of how thorough you have been in your research and how much work went into this mod.

pkelly and bears like this.
  18. bears

bears Registered

Agree totally the amount of thinking and passion that went into this mod (and also the 54 mod) by woochoo and mantasisg is unbelievable we are so lucky to benefit from their time and effort

pkelly likes this.
  19. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Car 7 and 8 are more like a 2F than a 2D, but i think you know that :)

That 2C looks like a damn racy thing though

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Of the High Winged cars, the 2e probably was my fave, possibly due to seeing more photos and TV back in the day due to it racing here in the States. the D was probably more successful.