[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Jkarlo

Jkarlo Registered

Hello, nice work!, i am trying to get online my server in DEDI mod everything looks ok, but in Public ip, i have 3 options but no one with my ip, i tried 0.0.0.0 and using port 8000 open and cant connect, any suggestion?
    thanks for your work

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Looks like some specific problem with your network/ISP configuration. Try different port number (some of these for example: 3000, 8080, 4200, 8100, 8200). Make sure that your router, firewall or other program/equipment does not block web2py server. Not much else I can think of...

3. Jkarlo

Jkarlo Registered

thanks, works using port 80, im trying hotlap comp, with the Takes results from this server option on, i try some laps in the server but no one appears in the competition, i miss something?, it auto has to takes the laps on the refresh isnt it?

4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Try turning off checkbox "Take results from this server logs only" (it was so long ago, that even looking at the code right now I can not easily say what I was thinking when I made it...). In the field "Server name, as appears in logs" enter 3 letters - "any". Check "All aids allowed" to exclude problems with aids filter. Check that all other parameters of competitions (fuel/tire/damage multipliers, car and track name filters) and allowed date window match with data in your log. Competition should try to take results on r2la refresh or when you click "refresh" on competition widget or when you change parameters of competition.

buzz hornet likes this.
  5. Jkarlo

Jkarlo Registered

Thanks it works now, thanks again for your answer and for your work, we are trying in our league with 15 seasons of logs and it works perfect, i miss in next updates a drivers database with his personal stats, races, points, etc,,

http://217.111.178.54/championships
    suggestions:
    - For us with too many logs the refresh takes to long, so a message when refreshing to know it would be nice, auto refresh mode.
    -

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    Nibo likes this.
  6. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Don't really know if anyone would be interested in it, but there is also a way to run/use @Nibo 's great r2la in Linux using WINE. And this is how I did it.
    Please note, you need to have WINE installed (I used latest stable release, but should also work with staging) and obviously have r2la located in a local directory where you have access to. I will use the directory "/home/funk/programs/r2la/" as my example below.

Step 0
    You will have to identify the path to r2la as WINE sees it. For me the simplest way to find out was to use the WINE file explorer. To start the explorer simply open a terminal (e.g. via CTRL+ALT+T on most Ubuntu based systems) or run the following command directly (e.g. via ALT+F2 on most Ubuntu based systems)
    Code:
    wine explorer
    Now you should first click on "My Computer" and then (at least if you don't know the exact mapping) open each of the drives (except the CD-ROMs) to identify yours with the steam library in it. For me the steam library is located on drive "(F:)", and the path to the rFactor 2 install consequently is:
    "f:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\rfactor 2\"
    Please take a note of that path, or remember it for Step 5. The path does not need to be case-sensitive, but you need to us "\" and not "/" as you would for a UNIX directory path!

Step 1
    Again open a new terminal or run the following command directly
    Code:
    wineconsole cmd
    Step 2
    In the wineconsole navigate to your r2la install.
    Code:
    cd home\username\programs\r2la
    Step 3
    Start the bat file, either with
    Code:
    start r2la.bat
    or simply with
    Code:
    r2la.bat
    Step 4
    Start your favorite browser and enter as URL in the address field
    Code:
    localhost:8000
    to launch r2la.

Step 5
    When r2la is launched the first time now, you are asked to set the rFactor 2 path. You now have to enter or copy the path that you have identified in Step 0.

Step 6
    Now, to ease future launching of r2la let's create a desktop shortcut. Therefore open a text editor of your choice (mine would be gedit) with a new file. In that new file paste the following text, please note that you have to change the path to the executable according to where you have installed r2la.
    Code:
    [Desktop Entry]
    Comment=rF2 Log Analyzer
    Name=r2la
    Exec=/bin/sh -c "WINEDEBUG=-all wine /home/funk/programs/r2la/web2py/web2py_on_gevent.exe"
    Terminal=true
    Type=Application
    Icon=/home/funk/programs/r2la/web2py/applications/r2la/static/images/r2la_logo.png
    Now save this file on your desktop with any name you prefer (e.g. "r2la"), but make sure to use the file extension ".desktop" for it. You file name should then be something like
    Code:
    r2la.desktop
    If everything went well, you should now have a shortcut on your desktop that has the r2la icon and can be executed with a double click. It will open a terminal, that keeps the local r2la server running. When closing the terminal, the r2la server will be shut down.

Final Notes
    The desktop shortcut works - at least normally - without issues. However, I noticed that the terminal will sometimes simply close directly after the local server was initialized. You could check your process monitor to see if "web2py_on_gevent.exe" is still running and if r2la can be accessed. If that's the case, there is nothing you need to do. If r2la did not launch, simply execute the desktop link again as it probably works now.

On some systems, a manually created desktop shortcut cannot be executed without manually setting it executable. To do so, please open the properties of the shortcut, switch over to the permissions tab and set "Allow executing file as program" (at least on Ubuntu/Gnome based systems).

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Bernat, Taris Henrique and Nibo like this.
  7. Nibo

Nibo Registered

FuNK!, great, thanks. I'm asked about this sometimes. I hope you don't mind if I put a link to your message in first post and in my r2la Steam Guide?

FuNK! likes this.
  8. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Sure thing! I even would not bother if you include it directly into your guide (also without credit) ;)

9. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

After being on the wrong track for some time, I finally figured out how to launch r2la with a desktop shortcut. I've updated my above post accordingly :cool:

Taris Henrique and Nibo like this.
  10. rafalgt

rafalgt Registered

Hello. Why can't I give a driver a position 14 time penalty? Why is the button disabled?

upload_2020-1-9_16-15-46.png

11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Because P14 and P15 finished not on the same lap. I've done it this way, because I don't have time gaps between drivers not on the same lap in rfactor xml reports and I was not able to figure out mathematical way to find it. Its only possible to apply time penalty between drivers on the same lap.

If you can somehow figure out where your penalty would put that driver (P14), you can change his position manually by pressing "Edit" button (to the left of "DQ" button) and setting "Change position" field to new value.

12. rafalgt

rafalgt Registered

It's such a shame. I wanted to impose a 60-second penalty. I hope that someone will help in this problem because it's probably a big problem with such a system. From what I know in the "MaXyM" SLS system it works correctly. Maybe he can help you fix it.
    Good luck and thanks for the clarification.

13. Cele

Cele Registered

Hi guys. Is there a way to recover the password for the administrator panel? I do not remember it. Thanks a lot

14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

No. You will have to unzip/start new instance of r2la and enter new password in first form. If you have championships, you can transfer them by copying r2la_settings.json from old r2la folder to new one, then import it on "Options" page (same procedure as when upgrading r2la).

15. Jkarlo

Jkarlo Registered

Hello, when i exported the champ and settings to the dedicated server, the default root of my pc logs keep first and i cant remove it, and i thing it doesnt read the new logs couse that, i try to create the folder manually but doesnt work, anyway to fix that, the rest of the logs roots can be remove it but not the first.

16. Nibo

Nibo Registered

First path can not be removed. If you importing r2la_settings.json on other PC, then you can try to change path in JSON before importing. Open r2la_settings.json with some text editor, search for word "paths", it will look like this:
    Code:
        "paths": [
            "d:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\rFactor 2\\UserData\\Log\\Results"
        ], 
    then change path to what you need it to be on new PC. Save changes. Then import this r2la_settings.json in new r2la.

17. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

@Nibo
    I do have a some quick questions :D
    When I do change the identifiers, the change does not affect the "Car" identifier on "Track records". Is that supposed to be or an error!?
    Would it require a lot of efforts to include a filter for the display of AI drivers in "Track records"?
    I'm wondering if the HTML code can be changed in the files or does it need recompiling?
    Have you considered updating to Python 3 and also update other stuff like UIKit?

18. Nibo

Nibo Registered

There should be automatic refresh when you change car identifier, but now I see it is commented out in code for some reason... I don't remember why. I put refresh back now. For a quick fix, download this archive and unzip 3 files into your rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.27\web2py\applications\r2la\compiled folder, overwrite old files. Restart r2la. Try changing car identifier.

For non-DEDI version you can already see AI records if you check "Show AI record times" checkbox on options page. Or do you need it for DEDI version? It will not work with DEDI version. I don't remember exactly why I did not do it for DEDI version, but I think there was some complications. So if you really need to see AI records alongside other human players records in DEDI mode, tell me, I'll look, but can not promise.

web2py templates/views are compiled to pyc files when I compile all app. No way around this.

Updating to Python 3 is not easy at this moment, since I use distribution from their site with binary packages and Python interpreter included. And they only have one with Python 2.7. Also it will be quite a lot of work to move everything to be compatible with Python 3 and it will not provide much gain in r2la productivity.
    UIKit I use is one of latest releases of version 2. Don't know what you mean by updating it, but UIKit version 3 is different reworked framework which is not compatible with v2, so I will not move to v3.

19. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Thank you, that worked ;)
    No, what I was thinking of is a simple filter button on the records page. So you could click that and AI's are just hidden from the list. Click again and they are back in. Or a more advanced filter, similar to the category filter:
    • Show human driver(s) only
    • Show AI driver only
    • Show all drivers
    That's a pitty :p I was just thinking to edit a couple of items, like moving them around and add some features (e.g. a floating "back to top" button).
    Was expecting that. However, really appreciate that detailed answer! Thank you very much! ;)

20. Mauro

Mauro Registered

just for curiosity

is it possible with rf2la to know what car upgrades each driver had selected in a race event?