[REL] 1967 Endurance (Proto/Sports/GT) - modded Howston G4

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by woochoo, Jan 5, 2015.

1. LaZanzaraRombante

LaZanzaraRombante Registered

2. LaZanzaraRombante

I have long tried this mod could have great numbers to be excellent in the historical( thing little cared of various modder and from official rf2)
    My personal considerations are therefore questionable but I want to convey my feelings being a gentleman of a certain age and lover of historic cars
    In the changes if you make quick do not enter the march , even if the change you do right
    Then the audio, at low revs gets buggy and you can’t hear the bass anymore

If I press the clutch, put the gear later and drop the clutch, that must go in, don’t do "who knows what" and rev up the engine at random
    Without actually being the march that drives
    The car is also cool, has 0 grip and I don’t know how realistic it is, but for this flaw of the audio and the gears does not seem very good
    orgive my maccaronic English, but I used reverso translate to write to you

3. woochoo

woochoo Registered

The "march" doesn't seem like an ideal translation, but perhaps I understand. I think you're talking about the gears sounding like they don't engage if you change gear without lifting off the throttle.
    That was designed into the cars by ISI to compensate for not having a full clutch and gearbox simulation. It is meant to force slower gear changes. It's not an ideal implementation but it is meant to encourage more careful driving. For what it is, I think it's better than nothing.
    For the update coming soon, the effect is reduced and small time delay should be implemented. That will slow down the AI gear shift as well.

A lot of small and large changes have been made to the physics as well, depending on how similar the particular car is meant to be to the original Howston G4. And the tyres have been changed and should give a better impression of grip.

Thanks for your input, and I hope you find the new version even more enjoyable. It should be ready this week or next week :)

4. LaZanzaraRombante

tnks mate

woochoo likes this.
  5. woochoo

woochoo Registered

the mod is just about ready for release :)
    GRAB_091.JPG
    GRAB_093.JPG

billyblaze, philmahre, lbird and 11 others like this.
  6. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

Hmmm, a Lola with such a lead against the Ford GT40 MK.IV, it's not realistic!

(just joking)

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

8. woochoo

woochoo Registered

that's a fair call. That's also about the point the MkIV keeps getting faster whereas all the other cars start topping out.
    The Lolas didn't last long in the real race, and this is a G4 mod, so maybe it's nice to see them in front sometimes. It doesn't always happen, and it rarely lasts :)

9. Corti

Corti Registered

lm678.jpg 1967.04.08&09_LeMansTest_week-end_Résultats_001.jpg

Duncan, Emery and woochoo like this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Did the Wing position light get included? I can see an unlit red light to the right of the steering shaft,(which has always been there) but it does not activate.

11. woochoo

woochoo Registered

yup, you will have a wing indicator light for the white winged cars

Mauro and davehenrie like this.
  12. woochoo

woochoo Registered

v2.0 is now live on the workshop :D

Mantasisg has worked hard to produce a more representative physics set for each car type. v2.0 now includes the different wheelbase/track, some updated suspensions, some improved engines, and some more representative inertial characteristics of the different car classes. GT cars in particular will feel much improved.

The body meshes have also been updated to better represent the cars, with better results due to the more accurate wheelbase and track of each car. The body meshes are styling-cue bodies, rather than replica bodies. A central cockpit mirror has been added, and the wing mirror types are customised or removed to better visually represent each car. Custom steering wheel textures are also included where appropriate.

Now also includes a cockpit light to indicate the wing position of cars 7 & 8, the two cars with giant movable rear wings. Instructions for binding a single control to activate both front and rear flaps for car 7/8, and also tips for using the cars with adjustable wings

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1213554944

HG4_1967Endur_30ICON.jpg HG4_1967Endur_37ICON.jpg HG4_1967Endur_53ICON.jpg HG4_1967Endur_02ICON.jpg HG4_1967Endur_05ICON.jpg HG4_1967Endur_08ICON.jpg HG4_1967Endur_12ICON.jpg HG4_1967Endur_23ICON.jpg
    GRAB_087.JPG

13. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I think these might be getting close to putting in an appearance on the Fanatics server......:D

pkelly, jimagn and woochoo like this.
  14. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Congratulations on a work of labor and love!

woochoo likes this.
  15. woochoo

woochoo Registered

pascom, Corti and Mauro like this.
  16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I have one gripe. I seem to have lost the last setup I was working on. After the update to V2.00, I don't have any saved setups.
    The light works perfectly, Thanks Mr Choo! Tires seem to take longer to heat up. Mega!:)

17. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Thanks Dave,
    Mantasisg did some work on tyre temps, thanks for noticing :)
    The car classes/filters were changed a little bit, so setups might still be in a different folder somewhere? In any case, they might not be so useful with the physics changes. Sorry about it though. I didn't try any custom setups, or pay any attention to how or where they're saved :(

18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yes, the old setups probably won't be much useful anymore. Even tire changes alone can make old setups obsolete, let alone ton of changes in HDV, also chassis changes for some cars. I am happy that old setups doesn't work, never intended to be so, but it is definitely good.

I don't recall making tires longer to heat up specifically. They might do so in some circumstances though. I got bristle damping a bit smaller so that might make them longer to heat up, however they should also take longer to cool down as ground conductance got lower. Also thermal tread layer got little bit thicker, this should also result in storing little bit more heat in the thread, thus perhaps slightly longer to heat up, also longer to cool down.

pkelly, jimagn, woochoo and 2 others like this.
  19. Corti

Corti Registered

Captura.JPG
    Thank you very much guys, great job!!​

20. Mauro

Mauro Registered

thanks for your work guys!