The Game doesn´t Start

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Killerfliege, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Killerfliege

Killerfliege Registered

Hello,

I bought rfactor on sale some Days ago. But the Game doesn't start.
    When I open the launcher and click on singleplayer (or Dev mode) , the launcher closes without an error message.
    I already searched for the error on the internet but I could not find any similar Problems

I also tried to Install the redistributables manually. But it doesn´t help either.

My PC:
    Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
    Intel Core I7-9700K 8x 3,6 ghz
    16 GB DDR4 RAM
    Geforce RTX 2070

2. edwardjamesgrey

edwardjamesgrey Registered

Assuming you have access to the video settings tab - I would check the video settings and see if anything looks out of place. The graphics card could be set to use a Monitor, instead of a GPU - That causes launching issues for me i know that much.

3. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

would be good more spesific details, how your game dosent start. i had also huge nightmare wile got to track with my rF2...
    at the end i downloaded some gamers d3dcompiler pack.. droped all in rf2 64 folder and somehow got workin.

4. Killerfliege

Killerfliege Registered

I have now found out that it helps when i turn on the "Force 32-Bit" mode in the Settings. Then i can start the game. But this causes other problems.

I have the same problem at Assetto Corsa. It only works if i turn on the 32 bit mode.

But other Games like Battlefield, oder Ghost Reacon are working fine.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Force 32bit is really a poor option because it limits the amount of ram your computer uses. The newer tracks are huge and forcing everything into a 4gig box would probably exhaust your system ram. It may get you started, but it doesn't then allow enough headroom to load Sebring, or LM, or Nords. I had accidentally checked that box years ago and when everyone was raving about the new version of Road America, I could not get it to load. It would crash everytime. UNTIL I unchecked the Force 32bit.

6. RKing

RKing Registered

Did you try verify integrity of game files? The first time I downloaded had the same problem. Would run in 32bit but not 64bit
    upload_2020-1-2_11-5-47.png